The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mortification "Triumph of Mercy" re-issue and LIVE 1998 Review

Go down

Mortification "Triumph of Mercy" re-issue and LIVE 1998 Review Empty Mortification "Triumph of Mercy" re-issue and LIVE 1998 Review

Post by jaydeecrawson Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:51 am

I highly recommend picking up the "Triumph of Mercy" re-release from soundmass.

I saw Mortification twice on the Triumph of Mercy tour.

In fact, my ex wife and I drove with them to Florida the day before the show that's included on the bonus disk of this re-release.

If you look closely inside the booklet, you can see a flyer for the Atlanta show that I made at work with my old email address on it!

The sound quality of the live show is EXCELLENT. Just fantastic!

When Steve slips "Scrolls of the Megilloth" in the Destroyer Beholds, that's because I suggested he do that the day before because he used to do it during their 1995 tour for Primitive Rhythm Machine. And, he did!

The band Mainstay drove over 6 hours with all their equipment to play for Steve that night, and Steve wouldn't let them open for Mort. They even showed up with all their merch and t-shirts. They're parents came too. By the time curfew was enforced, Mort wasn't even through with their set and Mainstay didn't even get to play. It was a shame.... kinda sad. HUGE disappointment. I partly blame the promoter / organizer who was just a teenager at the time and maybe sort of incompetent

My last memory of Steve is when we were packing up to leave, I knelt down beside him and prayed for him. I put my hand on his leg and he laughed about me finding his catheter. He also told me jokes about what the female nurses did to him while he was sick in the hospital!

Although I don't consider myself a christian anymore, listening to this brought back a TON of memories. I'm very glad I bought it. You all should too!

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Opeth3232 likes this post

Back to top Go down