The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you pay for a new album from a band you like?

+8
TZ75
Fundy
eatbugs
Opeth3232
mothy
Pethead
alldatndensum
Temple of Blood
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What would you pay for a new album from a band you like? - Page 2 Empty Re: What would you pay for a new album from a band you like?

Post by average joe Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:33 pm

But is that relative to the lack of traffic at the site in general or are you saying that’s the case for highly trafficked secular bands/sites as well in relation to their other posts/content?

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

What would you pay for a new album from a band you like? - Page 2 Empty Re: What would you pay for a new album from a band you like?

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:34 pm

average joe wrote:But is that relative to the lack of traffic at the site in general or are you saying that’s the case for highly trafficked secular bands/sites as well in relation to their other posts/content?

Not sure.

I don't listen to any secular bands that post these playthrough/interview thingies.  Most of the albums I like from these groups came out decades ago.

I see indie bands do it for their upcoming album and it seems to garner no response.

Just my experience perhaps.

Recording a video and uploading it is one thing.  Editing it and making it look pro makes me wonder why not just work on another song or play another show.

Just my two cents.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:52 pm

I suppose it's all relative to how much money you have, right?  I'd pay whatever it costs, if I truly loved the band. 

I paid over $10,000 to a Kickstarter to ensure one of my favorites recorded a new album, so there's that.  If I could ensure that my favorite bands would record albums I love as much as their old stuff, I'd pay much more.  I guess I should just start a record label....but unfortunately there's no way to guarantee the results when dealing with groups of artists, so it's no different than gambling!

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:06 pm

strangerhoncho wrote:I suppose it's all relative to how much money you have, right?  I'd pay whatever it costs, if I truly loved the band. 

I paid over $10,000 to a Kickstarter to ensure one of my favorites recorded a new album, so there's that.  If I could ensure that my favorite bands would record albums I love as much as their old stuff, I'd pay much more.  I guess I should just start a record label....but unfortunately there's no way to guarantee the results when dealing with groups of artists, so it's no different than gambling!

At first thought… it sounds insane you paid 10k for a recording. But on the other hand, if you have the money, it’s kind of cool to know that an album from a band you love is basically made possible by you! Just imagine the feeling if you funded a timeless classic like Master of Puppets or Weapons of Our Warfare.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:43 pm

TZ75 wrote:
strangerhoncho wrote:I suppose it's all relative to how much money you have, right?  I'd pay whatever it costs, if I truly loved the band. 

At first thought… it sounds insane you paid 10k for a recording. But on the other hand, if you have the money, it’s kind of cool to know that an album from a band you love is basically made possible by you! Just imagine the feeling if you funded a timeless classic like Master of Puppets or Weapons of Our Warfare.

Exactly.  Music has been life-giving and life-changing to me, so it has more value than just about anything else I could think to spend money on.  Whether it's an artistic classic or a spiritual one, or both, it matters as much to me as giving to charity or sponsoring a missionary does to others.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2