The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new Precious Death album + reissues on the way....

5 posters

Go down

new Precious Death album + reissues on the way.... Empty new Precious Death album + reissues on the way....

Post by strangerhoncho Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:24 am

Precious Death just posted on their Facebook page that they're doing preproduction on a new album at Sun Studios.  Not sure if it's all original members, but at least Christopher Scott (vocals) and Roger Sampson (drums).  They also mentioned reissues on the way in the comments thread. 

Southpaw is one of my favorite releases of all time, and I like If You Must a lot too (except for the terrible sharp mixing), so I can't wait to see what they come up with!

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Nelson, mothy, TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

new Precious Death album + reissues on the way.... Empty Re: new Precious Death album + reissues on the way....

Post by TZ75 Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:52 am

Great news! 

I had inquired about a remastered/ reissue of Southpaw a while back. I hope their new album is a return to the sound of the first couple albums.

Last edited by TZ75 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

new Precious Death album + reissues on the way.... Empty Re: new Precious Death album + reissues on the way....

Post by TZ75 Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:55 am

Southpaw is a cool song. It reminds me of “Outshined” by Soundgarden.

Last edited by TZ75 on Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:13 pm

I hope it's like the first album but since they only did that once and then moved away from it with each subsequent album, with Scott doing Blackball which I hated, I'll not hold my breath.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:47 pm

Yes, I hope it's not going to be Blackball Part 2.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:17 am

Constantine wrote:Yes, I hope it's not going to be Blackball Part 2.

I hope not too!

But wouldn’t he just bring back Blackball if he wanted that sound and direction? I think Roger would want something more challenging to play than weak alternative rock. That said… Precious Death has always been diverse with their songwriting. As long as there is a few heavy songs and the songwriting is good, I’ll be happy.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:37 am

I wonder if the Galactic Cowboys, Precious Death and Atomic Opera ever played shows together. They all had that unique element that was heavy but different.

Even in mainstream rock, I liked Alice In Chains and Faith No More style bands that had a unique style while retaining the heavy Sabbath and Metallica influences.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:05 pm

If it’s like Southpaw, awesome. If not, pass.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down