The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20 Years Ago Today: P.O.D. released "Satellite."

+7
scottmitchell74
rfosnau
eatbugs
Constantine
FivePointPunk
Pethead
PlaceOfASkull
11 posters

Go down

20 Years Ago Today: P.O.D. released "Satellite." Empty 20 Years Ago Today: P.O.D. released "Satellite."

Post by PlaceOfASkull Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:37 pm

Iconic album for them.
I bought it the day it came out. I have revisited it this past week, it still sounds good.

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

20 Years Ago Today: P.O.D. released "Satellite." Empty Re: 20 Years Ago Today: P.O.D. released "Satellite."

Post by Pethead Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:39 pm

PlaceOfASkull wrote:

Iconic album for them.
I bought it the day it came out. I have revisited it this past week, it still sounds good.
Back in the day, I adored both this and The Fundamental Elements of Southtown.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

mothy, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

20 Years Ago Today: P.O.D. released "Satellite." Empty Re: 20 Years Ago Today: P.O.D. released "Satellite."

Post by PlaceOfASkull Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:12 pm

Pethead wrote:
PlaceOfASkull wrote:

Iconic album for them.
Back in the day, I adored both this and The Fundamental Elements of Southtown.
Ya they came to my church on the Southtown tour.

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by FivePointPunk Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:54 pm

Yep, it was gold then and it's still gold now.  They have never really come close to it again as far as I'm concerned.  Dream Theater's Live Scenes from a Memory came out on the same day (with the cover that since got censored).  I distinctly remember going to Best Buy and buying both of these records on this day 20 years ago.

FivePointPunk
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by PlaceOfASkull Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:16 pm

FivePointPunk wrote:Yep, it was gold then and it's still gold now.  They have never really come close to it again as far as I'm concerned.  Dream Theater's Live Scenes from a Memory came out on the same day (with the cover that since got censored).  I distinctly remember going to Best Buy and buying both of these records on this day 20 years ago.

Ah yes I like Dream Theater. I saw them on 6 degrees tour. I bought Satellite at Walmart.

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:45 pm

I really enjoyed "Satellite" when it came out and could still listen to it and like it just as much.  
I wish their work after that was as unique and interesting but like with Dream Theater I just find myself gravitating toward the favorite album ("Images & Words").
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:48 pm

Constantine wrote:I really enjoyed "Satellite" when it came out and could still listen to it and like it just as much.  
I wish their work after that was as unique and interesting but like with Dream Theater I just find myself gravitating toward the favorite album ("Images & Words").
I was one of the few that liked the self-titled that came out after Satellite. I also liked a good chunk of Testify. I haven’t heard anything after that.
Their first 2 (Snuff the Punk and Brown) had their moments, as well.
But there’s no doubt that Southtown and Satellite were their prime. Great albums.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:42 pm

Satellite is still my favorite of theirs.  I bought it at Best Buy in Jackson, MI a few days after 9/11.  I'll have to look, I may still have the sticker I got at Cornerstone 2001 to promote it's release on 9/11/01.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rfosnau Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:29 am

I saw them a few weeks back here in Fort Wayne Indiana. It was a great show! The opening bands all used backing tracks to the point that I think they could have stopped playing and the music would have continued. It got really old really fast and wasn't enjoyable to suffer through their "performances" waiting for POD to take the stage. POD got up there with only the band and their instruments and killed it! Their backup guy was amazing at filling in the backing screams and a wide variety of miscellaneous instruments. Music today is so processed it was great to see masters of their craft get up there and give an authentic show.

rfosnau
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

ChosenNightwolf, Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:23 am

It's incredible!

I prefer STB a bit more but the two are so different it's hard to compare.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:14 am

I liked this when it first came out but found myself listening to it less and less.  I don't own anything by P.O.D. these days as I sold those CDs.

It's funny--I just lost interest in these guys, but I still like going back occasionally and hearing Pillar and Thousand Foot Krutch that all were hitting about the same time.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:22 am

alldatndensum wrote:I liked this when it first came out but found myself listening to it less and less.  I don't own anything by P.O.D. these days as I sold those CDs.

It's funny--I just lost interest in these guys, but I still like going back occasionally and hearing Pillar and Thousand Foot Krutch that all were hitting about the same time.
I’m the same way, actually, although I still own some P.O.D.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:32 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:It's incredible!

I prefer STB a bit more but the two are so different it's hard to compare.

Good joke  LOL
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:25 pm

Time flies…

I remember going to a Christian music store that specialized in metal in the mid to late 90’s. It was around the time the first major label POD album “Fundamental Elements” was about to be released. The owner was saying that they were gonna be huge. Sure enough, they were! Probably the biggest Christian rock band since Stryper was on MTV.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:42 pm

Been a fan since Snuff the Punk. Still have the original CD with original cover art ( angel with a gun lol). Saw them around 1996 at a small church on their Brown tour. Just saw them again a few months ago with LS. Pretty amazing, they still sound great and still stand bold.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down