The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

40 Years Ago Today Led Zeppelin Released "In Through the Outdoor."

5 posters

Go down

40 Years Ago Today Led Zeppelin Released "In Through the Outdoor." Empty 40 Years Ago Today Led Zeppelin Released "In Through the Outdoor."

Post by PlaceOfASkull Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:46 pm

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

40 Years Ago Today Led Zeppelin Released "In Through the Outdoor." Empty Re: 40 Years Ago Today Led Zeppelin Released "In Through the Outdoor."

Post by MikeInFla Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:48 am

I bought the reissue of this on vinyl when it came out. Was cool to have it again complete with paper bag! Some fans don't care for this album but I love it. This album original had several different covers. 

40 Years Ago Today Led Zeppelin Released "In Through the Outdoor." Inthrough_rears
Each cover was from the perspective of each person in the room (I think the reissue had only one cover, the one in the video. At least I have never seen any alternate covers from the reissue but they are covered by a paper bag so you (originally) didn't know which one you would get.

The covers:

6 people are in a bar (The Off Beat Lounge) watching a guy burning a ‘Dear John’ letter. The sleeves vary by changing the viewpoint from each of the watcher’s perspectives. Each of the 6 sleeves is identifiable by a letter code (A-F) at the top of the spine.

The Watchers:

Fat guy in the doorway
Blondie next to the bar
Barman
Black woman laughing at the end of the bar
Piano player
Brunette woman next to the jukebox

Cover perspectives here: https://rarerecordcollector.net/2012/08/16/led-zeppelin-in-through-the-out-door-all-6-sleeve-variations/

The "white" insert that is pictured on the left in the video would change colors when you got it wet. I haven't tried it with mine to see if the reissue does the same thing but I imagine it does. I wanted to keep it looking new so I didn't add water to it. 

Love Fool In The Rain and In The Evening.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

40 Years Ago Today Led Zeppelin Released "In Through the Outdoor." Empty Re: 40 Years Ago Today Led Zeppelin Released "In Through the Outdoor."

Post by Superjuice Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:46 pm

The 80's trend of rock/metal bands going deep into keys and synths started here.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:09 pm

Fool In the Rain is a great song and All My Love is good but mostly this album is dull.
And I'm old, thanks for the reminder. rabbit
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:42 pm

Yeah, it's not their best. Still has some great tracks on it. From what I remember reading, Page was strung out and barely showed up and barely played. I think Bonzo was too. The weight of the album, and the reason it is synth heavy, fell on John Paul Jones and Plant.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down