The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Albums from the same band that you aren't sure are your favorite.....

+5
mothy
Constantine
eatbugs
crucifyd
Soldier777
9 posters

Go down

Albums from the same band that you aren't sure are your favorite..... Empty Albums from the same band that you aren't sure are your favorite.....

Post by Soldier777 Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:45 pm

What are 2 albums from some of your favorite bands that you change your mind or can't decide are your favorite? Here are a few of mine:

Impellitteri: They released some great melodic classic albums in the 90s when other bands were on the alternative/grunge band wagon. I appreciate Chris for keeping it melodic and classic. Answer to the Master and Screaming Symphony are 2 from that period that are almost equally or are equally good. 

Jerusalem: Warrior and Dancing on the Head of the Serpent. These are great hard rock/leaning towards metal classics. Warrior has the epic Sodom track and Dancing on the Head of the Serpent has an awesome title track and one of the last songs has one of my favorite lyric: "Darkness is pregnant with evil."

Saint: Times End and Too Late for Living. Both are great classic albums and lately I'm thinking Times End is my favorite Saint album for the past several months and that may change in the future. 

Stryper: Soldiers Under Command and To Hell with the Devil. Both are great classic albums and lately I prefer THWTD but not by much. Soldiers was the first Stryper album I bought. SUC is my all time favorite Stryper song. I could easlily pick any 2 of the 4 latest albums as well but I figured I would stick with the earlier classics. 

I've mention 4 bands. What are your thoughts on these. What other albums you have a hard time deciding on as your favorite from the same band? I'm thinking of doing an episode on this on my channel Soldier777.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and Anti_Babylon like this post

Back to top Go down

Albums from the same band that you aren't sure are your favorite..... Empty Re: Albums from the same band that you aren't sure are your favorite.....

Post by crucifyd Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:27 pm

Time's End is *the* definition of 80's heavy metal...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Albums from the same band that you aren't sure are your favorite..... Empty Re: Albums from the same band that you aren't sure are your favorite.....

Post by eatbugs Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:34 am

Holy Soldier - s/t and Last Train.

Living Sacrifice - Reborn and Hammering Process

Deliverance - s/t and Weapons of our Warfare

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:03 am

Barren Cross - Atomic Arena and State Of Control

Haven - Your Dying Day and Age Of Darkness

Sacrament - Testimony Of Apocalypse and Haunts Of Violence
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:08 am

Living Sacrifice: S/T or Reborn

Mortification: Blood World or Post Momentary 

Sacrament: Testomony or Haunts

Sacred Warrior: Masters Command or Rebellion

Believer: Sanity or Abstraction

Theocracy: Ghost Ship or Mirror of Souls

Jacobs Dream: Theater of War or S/T
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Anti_Babylon Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:13 pm

Heresy Alert:

I have a very hard time picking a favorite Saint album. I know, I know. "Time's End" is everyone's # 1 hands down, but for me, I have loved Saint for years and it seems that every favorite album happens to be the most recent I have listened to. 

But the most difficult # 2 favorite album from one band may still be Bloodgood for me.

"Detonation" is my # 1 but #2? "Dangerously Close" ... s/t .... "Rock in a Hard Place" .. "Out of the Darkness".

The only one disqualified is "All Stand Together" it seems (and no disrespect intended for that album; it's worth a place on my CD stack)
Anti_Babylon
Anti_Babylon
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anti_Babylon Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:19 pm

eatbugs wrote:Holy Soldier - s/t and Last Train.

Living Sacrifice - Reborn and Hammering Process

Deliverance - s/t and Weapons of our Warfare

Yes to your Deliverance selection. S/T and Weapons are both so amazing. If I HAD to pick for a newbie that I wanted to get them hooked, I would pick "Weapons of Our Warfare" for the variety and one of the best pieces of cover art in Christian metal
Anti_Babylon
Anti_Babylon
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

bigtreads and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anti_Babylon Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:26 pm

mothy wrote:Living Sacrifice: S/T or Reborn

Living Sacrifice: S/T is my hands down favorite. I love the Slayer-like sound way too much. After that, so many killer albums. I think they are hands down one of the most consistently excellent Christian metal bands ever.

Sacred Warrior: Good dilemma! I lean towards Master's Command but honestly, I feel like a lot of my preferences just happen to line up with timing as to which I heard first and crystallized in my mind's ear first.

Believer: Extraction from Mortality is my favorite and Sanity is my # 2. I never got into Dimensions too much. Way too prog for me. But that's just me. And after that, I never heard anything else from them.

Theocracy: Every album is jaw-dropping. I can see an argument made for both of these (and understand why not s/t or "As the World Bleeds" although they each contain essential individual songs that would demand inclusion on any Theocracy collection). I would pick "Mirror" but again, is that timing in my history? Probably so.

Jacob's Dream: WHo?? YES! New music to check out! Thanks mothy!

EDIT: For every band my "favorites" mostly happen to coincide with the first exposure I personally had, except Saint. My "favorite" usually happens to be the one album I most recently listened to. Huh, that's kinda weird.
Anti_Babylon
Anti_Babylon
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

mothy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:53 pm

Anti_Babylon wrote:
mothy wrote:Living Sacrifice: S/T or Reborn

Living Sacrifice: S/T is my hands down favorite. I love the Slayer-like sound way too much. After that, so many killer albums. I think they are hands down one of the most consistently excellent Christian metal bands ever.

Sacred Warrior: Good dilemma! I lean towards Master's Command but honestly, I feel like a lot of my preferences just happen to line up with timing as to which I heard first and crystallized in my mind's ear first.

Believer: Extraction from Mortality is my favorite and Sanity is my # 2. I never got into Dimensions too much. Way too prog for me. But that's just me. And after that, I never heard anything else from them.

Theocracy: Every album is jaw-dropping. I can see an argument made for both of these (and understand why not s/t or "As the World Bleeds" although they each contain essential individual songs that would demand inclusion on any Theocracy collection). I would pick "Mirror" but again, is that timing in my history? Probably so.

Jacob's Dream: WHo?? YES! New music to check out! Thanks mothy!

EDIT: For every band my "favorites" mostly happen to coincide with the first exposure I personally had, except Saint. My "favorite" usually happens to be the one album I most recently listened to. Huh, that's kinda weird.
I think you'll love Jacobs Dream. The 1st 2 are killer. Sea 8lof Destiny is good to. I only like the Dave Taylor albums
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Anti_Babylon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:11 am

Holy soldier: Self titled and last train.  Just both superb albums equally as awesome as each other.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

bigtreads and Anti_Babylon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:06 pm

Letter 7 - Trust or Follow the Light

Angelica - s/t or Time Is All It Takes

Guardian - Fire and Love or Miracle Mile

Siloam - Sweet Destiny or Dying to Live
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:13 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:Letter 7 - Trust or Follow the Light

Siloam - Sweet Destiny or Dying to Live

Oh yeah, completely agree with both of those.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down