The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian Grindcore recomendations?

+3
Contrarian Deist
Constantine
outofstep
7 posters

Go down

Christian Grindcore recomendations? Empty Christian Grindcore recomendations?

Post by outofstep Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:26 pm

I love grind, old Napalm Death, Agathocles, Insect Warfare, Magrudergrind, Gore Beyond Necropsy, Weekend Nachos, Warsore, Wormrot, I could go on forever. But I've never found a Christian grind band that uses real drums. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti drum machine by any means, but are there any Christian grind bands other than Vomitorial Corpulence that are any good?  Turn me on to some new bands!
outofstep
outofstep
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Contrarian Deist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Christian Grindcore recomendations? Empty Re: Christian Grindcore recomendations?

Post by Constantine Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:57 pm

If you like old Napalm Death and Carcass, this is a good record:

REHUMANIZE - Resident Apostasy

I believe they use real drums.

Christian Grindcore recomendations? 2639139

Another one worth a listen is DEHUMANIZE – MALUM, SCELESTO, FEROX  (I believe the drums are programmed though)

Last edited by Constantine on Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Christian Grindcore recomendations? Empty Re: Christian Grindcore recomendations?

Post by outofstep Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:05 pm

Thanks for the recommendation!  I'll check them out
outofstep
outofstep
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:46 am

-Vomitorial Corpulence(Christian gorecore similar to early Carcass and Mortician....kinda do that same horror movie intros schtick Mortician are famous for, and early Carcass type song titles/lyrics).
Check out their album *SkinStripper* on YouTube, and their first ep *Karrionic Hacktician*.
Real drums.

-Empty Grave
(Check out their album *Inside the man is an empty space which has the size of God*, on YouTube)
Can't recall if real drums or not

And though they are more brutal death metal band, they have some grind in them, you may enjoy
Crimson Thorn(check out their 3 albums *unearthed*, *Dissection* and *Purification * on YouTube)
^^^

Last edited by Contrarian Deist on Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:58 am

And also like C.T. the brutal death/grind band
Encryptor(their album *sermon decay* on YouTube)

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:02 am

Oops, didn't notice you already mentioned V.C. in your list, my mistake, stupidly didn't read through your entire post🤪

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by outofstep Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:36 am

Contrarian Deist wrote:-Vomitorial Corpulence(Christian gorecore similar to early Carcass and Mortician....kinda do that same horror movie intros schtick Mortician are famous for, and early Carcass type song titles/lyrics).
Check out their album *SkinStripper* on YouTube, and their first ep *Karrionic Hacktician*.
Real drums.

-Empty Grave
(Check out their album *Inside the man is an empty space which has the size of God*, on YouTube)
Can't recall if real drums or not

And though they are more brutal death metal band, they have some grind in them, you may enjoy
Crimson Thorn(check out their 3 albums *unearthed*, *Dissection* and *Purification * on YouTube)
^^^
Crimson Thorn is good, I grew up in Minnesota so I got to see them live a few times back in the 90s!    And yeah, Vomitorial Corpulence are the undisputed champions of Christian grindcore to me, no one else even comes close.  I was hoping to find more crusty/lo-fi Christian grind more in the Warsore / Unholy Grave vein, but I don't think any exists!
outofstep
outofstep
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:50 am

^It exists, but it's usually going to be using programmed drums and more pig squeals than grunts, which will change the overall tone a bit.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by outofstep Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:53 am

Constantine wrote:^It exists, but it's usually going to be using programmed drums and more pig squeals than grunts, which will change the overall tone a bit.
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of, never really been a big fan of the pig squeal in grind.  Programmed drums CAN be a good thing, Agoraphobic Nosebleed's old stuff was all drum machine, and it's absolutely raging!
outofstep
outofstep
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:00 pm

I don't really love grind, but the Rehumanize album was surprisingly good, I'd second that recommendation.  I also thought some Eternal Mystery was better than should have been expected, though I can't speak for it's availability.

My real favorite would be The Right Wing Conspiracy, but they do use a drum machine.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:48 pm

Give the following a try.  Some of them use real drums, you might find some good stuff in all the choices:

- Baphomet Evisceration - they put one self-titled E.P. out in 2008 which you can find on You Tube.   

Christian Grindcore compilation - The Slaughtered Lamb Split  (features The Slaughtered Lamb, Flesh Incineration, Cleric, Amelioration, Swinery, Deophobic Necrosis, The Right Wing Conspiracy, Hell Bovine, & Reconstructed Carcass)

- Flactorophia - Redemption Of The Flesh

- Timoratus - For We Are Not Beasts

- Vomitous Discharge - Excavation Of Rareties

I can post more later but this is all I have time for now.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:40 pm

Regarding Drum Machines. I think drum machine kinda worked in Kekals favor, or ar least didn't hurt em, they still were pretty awesome on those first couple albums.

Then there's the mighty Mortician who used a drum machine, they were still awesome but the drum machine IMO kinda hurt their awesomeness

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by outofstep Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:04 pm

Thanks for all the recommendations!  I was familiar with some of these but several bands mentioned are completely new to me.  Couldn't really find the EXACT kind of grind I was looking for, but still some decent bands mentioned here. Thanks!
outofstep
outofstep
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:35 pm

Not sure if anyone is paying attention to grindcore or this thread, but I found another really good Christian grindcore band.
Recording it here for posterity:

Light Unseen

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:26 am

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:27 am

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:20 am

I know Revulsed has real drums. Though it's more along the lines of Slam and Tech Death. I believe it's Jayson Sherlock on Drums and possibly Vox so that's good stuff right there
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:23 am

Oh and there's also Taking the Head of Goliath, which has members from Crimson Thorn. They call themselves Brutal Slamming Death Metal, so it ain't exactly Grindcore I saw em live in 2020. 
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:26 am

Yeah, I would say Revulsed is more technical death metal and T.T.H.O.G. is as you said, not really grindcore.  
Grindcore bands are not that plentiful in the Christian music world but they are out there.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:32 am

Rehumanize is a fun IMHO
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:00 pm

Machine Fish wrote:I know Revulsed has real drums. Though it's more along the lines of Slam and Tech Death. I believe it's Jayson Sherlock on Drums and possibly Vox so that's good stuff right there

Jayson just on drums...
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down