The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian gore/horror grindcore bands(Vomitorial Corpulence, others).

5 posters

Go down

Christian gore/horror grindcore bands(Vomitorial Corpulence, others). Empty Christian gore/horror grindcore bands(Vomitorial Corpulence, others).

Post by Contrarian Deist Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:40 am

Are there any Christian gorecore/horrorcore bands today? Back in my day decades ago there was the great Vomitorial Corpulence, with their karrionic hacktician ep and *skinstripper* album, an absolute brilliant classic. The Christian version of Mortician meets Carcass. Especially love their horror movie sample intros, particularly the intro from the horror movie *dead-alive* on the *christ is the demon crusher* song, and love the two songs of barnyard hick sounding music, lol!
And Empty Graves - *inside the man is an empty space which had the size of God(or some title along those lines)....and a brutal metaphorically brilliant real gore picture.
Those are the only two I can think of, aside from maybe Inversion- *the nature of depravity* which was a more straightforward death metal album with a few semi gore lyrics, but the album cover was one of the most extreme illustrations I've ever seen on a Christian DM record...and a brilliant metaphor in it.
I know none 9f these got past more than a couple albums, unless they have managed to get anymore out in more recent years? Are there any other new bands of this type in the Christian metal scene?

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Christian gore/horror grindcore bands(Vomitorial Corpulence, others). Empty Re: Christian gore/horror grindcore bands(Vomitorial Corpulence, others).

Post by Constantine Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:29 am

1)  I like Corpse a lot. Smile

2)  Also the new  Dawnbreaker "Vanquished Horrible Night" is excellent.

It's blackened death metal or death unblack, whatever you want to call it.

3)  There's also Possesssion "Disentombed Manifestations.

4)  Strictly in the unblack side, 2 albums by Imperial Dusk:  "Black Priest Of Satanic Blood Rituals" and "The Book Of Morbid Tales Of A Blackened Past"

5)  Dark Night - the Brazilian white metal version of Mercyful Fate / King Diamond

6)  Antidemon from Brazil 

7)  This one is controversial on these boards, but Demonic Extinction "Satanicide" is good

8.  Abated Mass of Flesh

9)  Grave Robber - although they are more horror punk than metal

10)  DEHUMANIZE – MALUM, SCELESTO, FEROX

I can think of some more later....

Last edited by Constantine on Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Contrarian Deist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Christian gore/horror grindcore bands(Vomitorial Corpulence, others). Empty Re: Christian gore/horror grindcore bands(Vomitorial Corpulence, others).

Post by Contrarian Deist Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:50 am

Constantine wrote:1)  I like Corpse a lot. Smile

2)  Also the new  Dawnbreaker "Vanquished Horrible Night" is excellent.

It's blackened death metal or death unblack, whatever you want to call it.

3)  There's also Possesssion "Disentombed Manifestations.

I can think of some more later....

I used to have Corpses first album *from the grave*. They weren't really gore/horror core, but had a few lyrics here and there along those lines, but still pretty tame. The music was pretty Derivitive in my opinion though not crappy. I know they've released some new material recently..so I heard, but I haven't heard it yet, they could be even better(or worse) now?
Their first album kinda reminded me of Swedish DM icons Grave with a bit of early Cannibal Corpse. Not bad, not great, acceptable. Not very unique musically, vocally, ...or lyrically. Like say Vomitorial was...fairly derivative but still more talented than Corpse and very unique for a Christian dm band in terms of both sound, lyrics, presentation, sampling. Would love to get my hands on *skinstripper* again. I even had a skin stripper shirt back in the day(made myself. Got the album directly from the band. Made the shirt myself- album cover on front and their earlier more twisted DM logo on back, on a white shirt).

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:10 am

11). Rehumanize - Resident Apostasy

Not quite horror / gore lyrically but musically this seems like it could be up your alley, grindcore ala Carcass and Napalm Death.

12. Encryptor - Encryption 1999-2006
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Contrarian Deist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:23 pm

Constantine wrote:11). Rehumanize - Resident Apostasy

Not quite horror / gore lyrically but musically this seems like it could be up your alley, grindcore ala Carcass and Napalm Death.

12. Encryptor - Encryption 1999-2006

I shall look into those.

I actually used to own Encryptors first album when it first came out(and his BM project Sorrowstorms first album)...both were great stuff. I actually got them directly from the guy(cant remember his name) behind both, kick arse stuff!

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:41 pm

There will only ever be ONE mortician.  They are genius.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:53 pm

Demonic Dismemberment checked all the right boxes for me.
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:06 pm

mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:32 pm

xMetalMarkx wrote:Demonic Dismemberment checked all the right boxes for me.
Seriously though, if Christians want to mimic gore and have covers like that, why don't they just be honest and do what they really want to do--the real thing, and deep down, you know I'm right*
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:47 am

Dustofyears wrote:
Seriously though, if Christians want to mimic gore and have covers like that, why don't they just be honest and do what they really want to do--the real thing, and deep down, you know I'm right*

Why not? Afterall the bible is filled with gore. And gore can be used in very clever metaphors.

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:47 am

Dustofyears wrote:

Why not? Afterall the bible is filled with gore. And gore can be used in very clever metaphors.

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:49 am

Dustofyears wrote:There will only ever be ONE mortician.  They are genius.

Yeah, you're right. 🤘

Though, Vomitorial did a brilliant job of using Morticians shtick to put forty Christian stuff and allegories.
There will ever only be one Mortician, they are genius. Indeed.
And there will ever only be one Vomitorial Corpulence, they are genius as well. 😉

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down