The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best and worst(Christian metal edition)

+12
Grindboy
Superjuice
Opeth3232
ThomasEversole
stevegarveyfan
Kerrick
Livna
Constantine
CrimsonWarrior
Fundy
Pethead
Contrarian Deist
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best and worst(Christian metal edition) - Page 2 Empty Re: Best and worst(Christian metal edition)

Post by Contrarian Deist Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:58 pm

UltraMagnus wrote:
Contrarian Deist wrote:Metalcore IS *Metal*, its cross over, but its still *metal*. To say bands like Suicidal Tendencies(hard-core/ thrash cross over) and later heavier Metalcore like say Hatebreed...aren't *metal* is absurd. Its like those who claim deathcore isn't death metal or isnt metal at all, or the heavier nu-metal bands like say Mudvayne, etc,  arenr *metal*, its an argument without a sound logical basis, it's emotional pseudo-elitist tripe.
I say this as one who doesn't even like most of it personally(some is ok. And certainly I love Suicidal of course), a traditional metalhead who would be classified in the trad metal elite Fandom.

As for classical metal and hard rock. Well, there are a few bands that fit both labels. Depends on the Era to some extent. In 70s heavy metal was what would be later called hard rock and classic rock...in some cases anyhow. There is overlap in some. Not all, but some.
And bands like say AC/DC and Van Halen and Scorpions are both hard rock and heavy rock(just bordering on metal in some songs/albums)

Its the same as when people,e say Slipknot was/is a *nu-metal* band(and therefore to be dismissed as not real metal). Again,  with no rational argument based in logic or fact,  just poser hunting pseudo elitist b.s.

Anyways, got off topic a bit there. Sorry.
Metalcore IS a valid form of *metal*
I don't like much of it or listen to much of it, though some is OK or good IMO,  but I still acknowledge....it IS a form of *metal*.

Oh and lastly, though I'm partial to Inhabit(living sacs DM years)...I thought Hammering Process was a pretty good album, though I liked Concievec in fire a bit more even.
I think on their first 3 or 4 albums Living Sacrifice were experimenting trying to find themselves and copying others without having any originaliyu(or much Anyhow)...to their credit I think they really found their sound around reborn and perfected it on hammering and conceived, and they were one of the earliest bands to help initiate that sound or subgenre(not THE first/earliest, but among the first/earliest)....which helped spearhead a particular sound
I didn't care much for reborn,  but the following two albums were pretty good.

Not elitist at all. I'm talking about people who think that metalcore IS traditional metal when it's not.

Aah, I get ya. I, of course, agree.
Oops.

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Best and worst(Christian metal edition) - Page 2 Empty Re: Best and worst(Christian metal edition)

Post by Grindboy Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:04 pm

Amazed to see Veil of Remembrance as worst of, it's maybe my all time favorite album.

Crimson Moonlight
Best: Veil of Remembrance
Worst: Divine Darkness (still pretty good)

Antestor
Best: The Forsaken
Worst: Return of the Black Death
I'm surprised people are surprised at Return being people's least favorite.  There are some great moments, but IMO many of the songs are lackluster and the overall sound and guitar tone in particular aren't particularly appealing.

Living Sacrifice
Best: Conceived in Fire
Worst: Nonexistent
Love Conceived in Fire and Inhabit both.  Surprised Nonexistent hasn't shown up here, but I think it's weak, with Reborn and The Hammering Process not too far behind.

Seventh Angel
Best: The Torment
Worst: Lament for the Weary.
I'm always amazed at how much people like Lament.  I was disappointed in it from day one, and still today.

Vengeance Rising
Best: Once Dead
Worst: Destruction Comes

Anyway, just my thoughts.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:12 pm

Grindboy wrote:Amazed to see Veil of Remembrance as worst of, it's maybe my all time favorite album.

Crimson Moonlight
Best: Veil of Remembrance
Worst: Divine Darkness (still pretty good)

Antestor
Best: The Forsaken
Worst: Return of the Black Death
I'm surprised people are surprised at Return being people's least favorite.  There are some great moments, but IMO many of the songs are lackluster and the overall sound and guitar tone in particular aren't particularly appealing.

Living Sacrifice
Best: Conceived in Fire
Worst: Nonexistent
Love Conceived in Fire and Inhabit both.  Surprised Nonexistent hasn't shown up here, but I think it's weak, with Reborn and The Hammering Process not too far behind.

Seventh Angel
Best: The Torment
Worst: Lament for the Weary.
I'm always amazed at how much people like Lament.  I was disappointed in it from day one, and still today.

Vengeance Rising
Best: Once Dead
Worst: Destruction Comes

Anyway, just my thoughts.
I quite like Nonexistent. There are some killer riffs on there. (The vocals could be improved, I’ll grant you). But I don’t think they have a bad album.

While I do like Lament for the Weary, I think The Torment is superior. I heard Lament first and never really got into it. I liked The Torment immediately and still prefer it.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:48 am

Deliverance: best - debut, worst - Camelot
Holy Soldier: best - debut, worst - Promise Man
King James: best - debut, worst - The Fall
Stryper: best - Even the Devil Believes, worst - Reborn
Saint: best - Time's End, worst - Perfect Life
Whitecross, best - any of the first 3 albums, worst - Equilibrium and they had to pick a bloody title that I can never spell that makes it worse.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldi80s Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:26 pm

Interesting.. let me see if I do mines:

Stryper:
Best: Against The Law
Worst: Reborn

Guardian
Best: First Watch
Worst: the second album, I forgot the name

Mortification
Best: Scroll of The Megilloth
Worst: The one with the He-Man character (seriously?)

Deliverance
Best: ST
Worst: Stay of Execution

Living Sacrifice
Best: Nonexistent

Tourniquet
Best: Stop The Bleeding
Worst: Crawl to China / Microscopic... or something

Bride
Best: Live To Die
Worst: Scarecrow
Aldi80s
Aldi80s
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

http://gab.com/aldi80s

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:56 pm

Livna wrote:Mortification 

Best: Scrolls Of The Megilloth
Worst : The Silver Cord Is Severed

Bride

Best: Live To Die
Worst: Fistful Of Bees

Stryper 

Best: Soldiers Under Command

Deliverance

Best: Weapons Of Our Warfare
Worst: Learn
Choosing Deliverance is based... but Learn is amazing
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:04 am

Stryper
Worst: Against the Law
Best: God Damn Evil

Guardian
Worst: Don't know
Best: Don't know

Mortification
Worst: Scribe of the Pentateuch
Best: Scrolls of the Megadeth

Deliverance
Worst: Camelot in Smithereens
Best: Assimilation

Living Sacrifice
Best: Nonexistent

Tourniquet
Worst: Crawl to China
Best: Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm

Bride
Best: Silence is Madness

Red
Worst: Gone
Best: Rated R
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:26 am

Contrarian Deist wrote:Inspired by UltraMagnus thread in the secular metal forum, same game but with Christian bands instead

To paraphrase Ultra. I will start by mentioning a band and their best and worst albums, then the following person also does their best and worst from that band and then adds a band of their choosing best and worst, then the next person does the same, and to make it longer and longer as we go along each successive person does every band before in order and then adds their own. Best/favorite,  Worst/least favorite

I'll start.

MORTIFICATION
Best album- Scrolls of the megilloth/Post Momentary Affliction(tie)
Worst album- Triumph of mercy

Now the next person do your best/fave and worst/least fave from Mortification and then do another band of your choosing...and the next person follow do the same...

🤘😎😇😝🤘

P.S. you can post more than once, just wait till at least a few other people have responded between your last response first🤔

😱 ToM is my favorite by Mo Mort
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:53 am

It’s not my favorite but it’s miles above most of their post-2000 work.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:04 am

Pethead wrote:It’s not my favorite but it’s miles above most of their post-2000 work.

I enjoy a lot from that era, many consider "Erasing the Goblin" to be their best post 96....
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:07 am

That’s easily my favorite of the post-2000 era.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:35 pm

Erasing the Goblin is great. Post PMA Morty is pretty underrated imo.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pro-Zak likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2