The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kekal. Gnostic Christians, no longer BM.

+7
jaydeecrawson
Bullion Dross
Andreas89
Kerrick
CrimsonWarrior
wintersdawn
Contrarian Deist
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kekal. Gnostic Christians, no longer BM. - Page 2 Empty Re: Kekal. Gnostic Christians, no longer BM.

Post by Contrarian Deist Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:19 pm

Gnostic Christianity is also quasi-polytheistic too. Due to the so called aeons or emanated intermediary *gods*(or personified forces)

Last edited by Contrarian Deist on Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Kekal. Gnostic Christians, no longer BM. - Page 2 Empty Re: Kekal. Gnostic Christians, no longer BM.

Post by Contrarian Deist Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:32 pm

Read the above posts ^^^
I'd just delete these but it seems I can only edit the posrs I already made

Last edited by Contrarian Deist on Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:39 pm

🙂🙂🙃🙃🤔😉

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Kekal. Gnostic Christians, no longer BM. - Page 2 Empty Tim Sledge: "Goodbye Jesus: An Evangelical Preacher's Journey Beyond Faith"

Post by jaydeecrawson Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:52 pm

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:47 am

CrimsonWarrior wrote:My point still stands. God is not evil. The God of the Old Testament is the same God of the New Testament.
Is someone here actually trotting out the Marcionist heresy? Good grief, Charlie Brown.   Rolling Eyes

IMNSHO, heretics are beginning to overrun this forum.  It's been unusable for the last two or so weeks, and I hope the mods step in to correct this.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Andreas89 and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:32 am

BaleMaster wrote:
CrimsonWarrior wrote:My point still stands. God is not evil. The God of the Old Testament is the same God of the New Testament.
Is someone here actually trotting out the Marcionist heresy? Good grief, Charlie Brown.   Rolling Eyes

IMNSHO, heretics are beginning to overrun this forum.  It's been unusable for the last two or so weeks, and I hope the mods step in to correct this.

I'm really annoyed that no steps were taken yet. We had heated political discussions in the past which led to a "ban" on topics like that cause the atmopshere got really toxic. To see that the "general" section of this board gets flooded with political discussions / conspiracy theories again is already alarming, now even the musical sections get overrun with religious / political debates.
Opening up a Detritus thread just to get buried under an avalanche of anti-feminist howling is really frustrating. Can't people just dumb their "angry white male"-butthurtness somewhere else?
And can people like Contrarian Deist respect this place a bit more as a MUSIC forum and step a bit back? @Contrarian Deist: While not agreeing with a lot of your opinions I totally respect your will to get into serious debates about religion, faith, politics. But you are not sparking fruitful discussions when cluttering this board with over 500 posts in two months and hijacking one thread after another by throwing in political / religious debates.

Last edited by Tobi Elektrik on Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Temple of Blood, deathisgain, Pethead, mothy and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:37 am

^Oh my, I never looked into the Detritus topic until now. What a trainwreck...
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:11 pm

Contrarian Deist isn't breaking any rules by his massive amounts of posting, but this is worth reiterating:

And can people like Contrarian Deist respect this place a bit more as a MUSIC forum and step a bit back? @Contrarian Deist: While not agreeing with a lot of your opinions I totally respect your will to get into serious debates about religion, faith, politics. But you are not sparking fruitful discussions when cluttering this board with over 500 posts in two months and hijacking one thread after another by throwing in political / religious debates.

CD, your desire to discuss and learn is impressive, but you're largely barking up the wrong tree here.  As someone else mentioned in another thread, this forum was once a full of heated theological arguments perpetuated by a handful of people with similar temperaments/style as you.  It just about collapsed this place.  The pushback and lack of responses you're seeing is largely due to that.  Tobi's recommendation to focus more on the music (which is the primary reason we're all here) is good and I second it.

That all being said, [this is for everyone] let's keep this thread about Kekal and discuss gnosticism elsewhere.  And while I'm at it... please keep the Detritus thread about Detritus too.  Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

Temple of Blood, deathisgain and Andreas89 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:14 pm

Kerrick wrote:Contrarian Deist isn't breaking any rules by his massive amounts of posting, but this is worth reiterating:

CD, your desire to discuss and learn is impressive, but you're largely barking up the wrong tree here.  As someone else mentioned in another thread, this forum was once a full of heated theological arguments perpetuated by a handful of people with similar temperaments/style as you.  It just about collapsed this place.  The pushback and lack of responses you're seeing is largely due to that.  Tobi's recommendation to focus more on the music (which is the primary reason we're all here) is good and I second it.

That all being said, [this is for everyone] let's keep this thread about Kekal and discuss gnosticism elsewhere.  And while I'm at it... please keep the Detritus thread about Detritus too.  Smile

Thanks Kerrick I came out of hibernation to let the hammer do its job, but I'll put it back for now.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

deathisgain, Kerrick, Andreas89 and Opeth3232 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:31 pm

Tobi Elektrik wrote:
BaleMaster wrote:

I'm really annoyed that no steps were taken yet. We had heated political discussions in the past which led to a "ban" on topics like that cause the atmopshere got really toxic. To see that the "general" section of this board gets flooded with political discussions / conspiracy theories again is already alarming, now even the musical sections get overrun with religious / political debates.
Opening up a Detritus thread just to get buried under an avalanche of anti-feminist howling is really frustrating. Can't people just dumb their "angry white male"-buttheartness somewhere else?

Well, to be fair when I was talking about feminism it was relevant to the Detritus topic because of their anti feminist song O.T.T.
And, in regards *dumb angry white male buttheartness(is that an actual word?, or did you mean to say butt-hurtness?)*. You're saying those racist, sexist slurs kinda just proves my points, so...thanks😉
In regards conspiracy theory. I find it ironic when conservative evangelical Christians mock conspiratology/conspiratologists given much of their beliefs about the world and their books prophecies, interpreting prophecies and conspiratology have a lot of overlap to know? Or another believs in many things other pseudoskeptics...generally the *rationalist(pseudo)* kinds which mock those beliefs as crazy conspiracy theories too.
Irony

Yes this is a music forum. But not solely. I can respect trying to keep sociopolitical conversations/debates and theological debates out of the actual music forums as much as possible....but isn't that part of the purpose at least of the general discussion and theology forums on the site? I try to keep such subject matter mostly to those designated forum. Sometimes the music forums veer off topic from purely music to other topics(semi related most of the time, sometimes not related at all. For example the discussions regarding theology/etc in this thread due to the fact it is about The musical band Kekals gnosticism and anarchism, is it really so bad or wrong in this thread to discuss such given this?)...anyways I have gone off topic a bit a few times in the musuc forums in this way...but I'm not the only one here who does or had done or will do this. But I guess I'm the only one who will get in hot water for it for some reason. Rules for thee..not for me I guess. I'm the non-Christian on the site so I guess I should expect double standards applied to me.
Meh .

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:40 pm

Kerrick wrote:Contrarian Deist isn't breaking any rules by his massive amounts of posting, but this is worth reiterating:

Read my above response please, thanks.
That said.
My temperment? I have seen and see in a few of the responses here temperaments no better(or worse) than mine, so I don't know what you're getting at here, except that because I'm the non-Christian here(who is here because I know and respect and like Christian metal) that double standards apply to non-Christians on the site for some reason.
Meh.
As for this particular thread...that's right, its about Kekal...AND their move from evangelical to gnostic Christianity(as well as their anarchist sociopolitical views, ....and also their music)...talking about gnostic Christianity in this thread...this context(not othet bands threads, but this one) is perfectly in context and reasonable.

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:43 pm

In regards the Detritus thread. I mentioned in there how much I liked the anti feminism song O.T.T. from them, one person responded to that...we had a reasoned conversation about it for a few posts and then moved on...what's wrong with that? You'll notice neither I nor anyone else has commented on the feminism thing in the thread since. What's the big deal?

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:10 pm

Tobi Elektrik wrote:
BaleMaster wrote:

Opening up a Detritus thread just to get buried under an avalanche of anti-feminist howling is really frustrating. Can't people just dumb their "angry white male"-buttheartness somewhere else?

"Angry white male butthurtness"?

That's not a "toxic" thing to say?

Can't you just take your anti-reality leftist vitriol somewhere else?
I'm not in Nazi-guilt-ridden Germany though. I know the PC police over there have you all pretty whipped. Not your fault. flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:47 pm

UltraMagnus wrote:
Tobi Elektrik wrote:
BaleMaster wrote:

I'm not in Nazi-guilt-ridden Germany though. I know the PC police over there have you all pretty whipped. Not your fault. flower

I agree with you.

Though, I'm happy to have him(or her?) speaking freely his(her?) opinion...even if it is p.c. leftist anti-white racism and anti-male sexism pseudo-tolerance/diversity and pseudo-antiracist/antisexist hypocrisy.

I disagree with what he/she says but will defend to the death his/her right to say it(to paraphrase Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
😉

Free speech absolutism baby!
Even if he/she(or they) doesn't believe in it themselves or extend us or others te same courtesy.

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:59 pm

Contrarian Deist wrote:
UltraMagnus wrote:
Tobi Elektrik wrote:
BaleMaster wrote:

I agree with you.

Though, I'm happy to have him(or her?) speaking freely his(her?) opinion...even if it is p.c. leftist anti-white racism and anti-male sexism pseudo-tolerance/diversity and pseudo-antiracist/antisexist hypocrisy.

I disagree with what he/she says but will defend to the death his/her right to say it(to paraphrase Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
😉

Even if he/she(or they) doesn't believe in it themselves or extend us or others te same courtesy.

I don't believe anyone should be silenced either. Just responding to the "take their angry white male butthurtness somewhere else" comment by turning it around. I'm tired of double standards. Tobi talks about a "toxic atmosphere", then proceeds to contribute to said perceived toxicity. People want to play that game? Let's play. I can pretend to be "offended" too.

Back to top Go down

Kekal. Gnostic Christians, no longer BM. - Page 2 Empty BaleMaster

Post by jaydeecrawson Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:02 pm

BaleMaster:

One man's heresy is another man's orthodoxy.

One man's east is another man's west.

I'm sure you probably have some views that other Christians might consider unorthodox, heterodox or perhaps spurious.

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Contrarian Deist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:06 am

UltraMagnus wrote:
Contrarian Deist wrote:
UltraMagnus wrote:
Tobi Elektrik wrote:
BaleMaster wrote:

I agree with you.

😉

I don't believe anyone should be silenced either. Just responding to the "take their angry white male butthurtness somewhere else" comment by turning it around. I'm tired of double standards. Tobi talks about a "toxic atmosphere", then proceeds to contribute to said perceived toxicity. People want to play that game? Let's play. I can pretend to be "offended" too.

I'm with ya😉

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:18 am

OK, this is the FIRST AND FINAL warning to all of you, keep it relaxed or take it somewhere else, the CRM is not the place to "PLAY THAT GAME". 

Here are OUR rules, WE (the staff) will implement it at our OWN discretion:

Welcome to Christian Metal Realm (CMR)!  It's a little early, but we've done some SERIOUS revision to the "rules" we run the joint with.  PLEASE take just a few minutes to peruse them....

1) No posting/linking porn/gore/"shock" material. Doing so earns a one-way ticket out of the Realm.

2) Please watch your language and attitude. While Christ was unafraid to toss around the occasional "brood of vipers" reference, He wasn't tossing salty language about with a loose tongue, either....and none of US are Christ.  SOMETIMES, there isn't a "better way" to say things.....but guard your tongues and word your replies with this in mind.  Just popping off with sarcasm and/or malice is NOT welcome here.  If you're gonna be that way, the exits are here, here, here, here, here, here......ANYWHERE!!!!  You can either use one, or be escorted to one......

3) We follow "Wheaton's Law" and "Bill and Ted's Axiom" around here.  For those unfamiliar with the concepts, they can be paraphrased quite simple as "Don't be a jerk." and "Be excellent to each other."  We also have a CMR corollary to those principles that simple states "an individual is not the final arbiter of whether or not they have violated "Wheaton's Law" or "Bill and Ted's Axiom", the Staff is.  If the Staff finds an individual to be in violation of those principles, said individual is fully expected to knock it off/alter behavior/find an exit, and the judgment is NOT open for debate/discussion.  It simply IS."

4) If you are found in violation of items 1-3 on this list, discipline up to and including banishment from the Realm and or IP ban may be administered, at SOLE judgment and discretion of the staff.  Translation: we don't WANT to kick people out, but we are perfectly willing to amputate rather than let an infection ravage the body.  DO NOT give us a reason to.  Please......just don't.

5) Registration of multiple accounts it's not tolerated, if caught doing so, all accounts will result in instant banning.

6) Remember, this is a MUSIC forum, not a "theology" joint.  Discuss what you will.....BUT......please don't flood the place with matters better left to face to face discussion with your pastor or church elders.  This really isn't the place for it; the emphasis here needs to remain musically oriented.

Additionally, forum trolls and similar filthy creatures will be disposed of with extreme prejudice upon detection.

On that note, have fun storming the castle.

We appreciate your cooperation.

THE CMR STAFF

https://thecmr.forumotion.com/t4726-new-year-new-rules-please-read

Be wise, I am not here much, but I am watching  Twisted Evil
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Kerrick, Opeth3232 and mothy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:00 pm

KaremKarem
I've wondered about rule #1 there since I joined.
There are a number of Christian gorecore and horror themed(metaphors)DM and grind bands and a number of Christian shock rock metal bands.
From Vomitirial Corpulence to Inversion and Emty Grave
To Rackets and Drapes and Grave Robber .
And even many more Christian thrash, DM and BM bands that are not specifically so...but whom have elements of such(in fact most Christian BM and DM and a number of Christian thrash bands...I mean even a band as revered as the legendary thrashers Tourniquet...they use tons of gore, horror, and medical terms and metaphors in their album and song titles and lyrics. Mortification and Crimson Thorn and many others use shock and horror and gire imagery and metaphors). Frost like ashes are pretty shocking, as are A hill to die upon whom use another of occult/comparative mythology references and shock imagery.
Tons of Christian metal bands use that imagery as album cover artwork too.

If not for shock, horror, gore, dark imagery and metaphors Christian metal would not exist or make any headway.
Are you saying that people cannot talk about or post stuff from any of them or the bunch of other Christian metal bands of various suggested that use the same to different degrees?

And what of talking about or posting stuff from non-Christian bands of those same genres and dark or gory or shocking imagery and metaohors and art and lyrics.

Metak, including Christian metal is based on shock value. There is no way to escape this.

So rule #1 seems kind of counter productive and pointless.

I can see the porn/sex part of the rule, fair enough, but *no gore or shock or dark stuff*? That's what metal...including most Christian metal(especially Christian DM and BM and some TM) IS.
😉

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:04 pm

And in regards #6.
I'm assuming that doesn't apply to the theology forum?
But another thing, theology tons of members here discuss theology and religious matters in every forum on the site. Kinda inescapable given this IS a Christian/religious/theological site in and of itself.

I kinda think this rule, like rule #1 is kinda inconsistent and pointless.

No offense BTW, just...kinda befuddling and confusing to me(and I assume to some other people here too)

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:13 pm

Contrarian Deist wrote:
Are you saying that people cannot talk about or post stuff from any of them or the bunch of other Christian metal bands of various suggested that use the same to different degrees?

And what of talking about or posting stuff from non-Christian bands of those same genres and dark or gory or shocking imagery and metaohors and art and lyrics.

Metak, including Christian metal is based on shock value. There is no way to escape this.

So rule #1 seems kind of counter productive and pointless.

I can see the porn/sex part of the rule, fair enough, but *no gore or shock or dark stuff*? That's what metal...including most Christian metal(especially Christian DM and BM and some TM) IS.
😉

From what I gather from the post you have made in the forum, you seem to be smarter than what you addressed here.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:17 pm

Contrarian Deist wrote:And in regards #6.
But another thing, theology tons of members here discuss theology and religious matters in every forum on the site. Kinda inescapable given this IS a Christian/religious/theological site in and of itself.

No offense BTW, just...kinda befuddling and confusing to me(and I assume to some other people here too)
In the beginning we had a Theology forum, but it was shut down for YEARS, it was only recently reopened as we consider to give our forumers a place where to talk about theology. As rule #6 states this is a MUSIC forum, not a "theology" joint. Be wise and don't make us shut the theology realm AGAIN. As I said, you seem to be a smart guy. BEHAVE!

If you want to discuss theology DON'T do it in every single post across the entire forum, open a thread in the theology realm and if people wants to engage they will do it. BUT be respectful towards your peers.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:05 pm

I can't tell if you're complimenting my intelligence or insulting it(you're a smart guy....BEHAVE!...I am smart....enough to see the way you worded this is kind of patronizing and condescending).
*you seem to be smarter than what you addressed here*
How so? Are you saying that what I addressed and the questions I asked about number one are dumb questions? I don't see how so, number one seems on the surface to be pretty unequivocable....I'm asking for clarification on loopholes to that. I'd say that's pretty valid question to ask.
The rule is a confusing one, or confusingly worded. Maybe you could alter the rule to clarify for everyone(including anyone who might join your forum in the future...)...I don't think that's unreasonable to point out and ask.

I'm perfectly willing to be respectful, responsible, and reasonable(ie. Behave)....I may at times be imperfect in this regard and mess up(where I am and do...I ammend my posts or make apologies...I've done this several times in the last days here)....and I would think this is a truism regarding every person on the forum. We/they don't need to be condescended to and patronized and threatened like we're children...*BEHAVE*, I mean unless someone is being intentionally ad hominim insulting or willfully slanderous or willfully spewing out swears and vulgarity ad nauseum for no reason...then sure in that case speaking down to them in that way might be warranted.
I will be respectful to my peers of course, everyone should try to be(people will fail in that from time to time...so long as they TRY and learn...and ammend and make apologies where due). But I have to say....talking down to people like they're children with COMMANDS to *BEHAVE* isn't very respectful either.
😉
I mean no offense to you here, please don't take it that way. Just reasonable questions and points to consider.
Peace and best wishes to you
And...happy new year. Stay safe, stay free.
In reason.
C.D.

P.S. I will try to make less threads in the theology section, etc. But my intentions were and are simply to liven up these forums a little intellectually with interesting topics to discuss....in a friendly way with friendly conversations and civil debates. ..to provoke thought by polite challenge of thought ...including myself being challenged to think and rethink my own positions...so everyone, myself included can sharpen our minds.
I'm not trying to offend for offenses sake, I hope you understand this?
Be well

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:09 am

I think you just like to run your mouth and be contrary for the sake of it. Its so obvious your pushing it as far as you can. ADHD?
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:35 pm

Opeth3232 wrote:

I think you just like to run your mouth and be contrary for the sake of it. Its so obvious your pushing it as far as you can. ADHD?

That's your opinion and you're free to hold it and express it.
But you're wrong about me.
Anyways, any real arguments or just insinuated character defamation?
I think you just assume the worst about me as a person and my intentions simply because I'm the resident non-Christian, if I were a Christian and making the same points/arguments or asking the same questions I have....I think you'd respond to me differently(better).
I think you just want to prejudge me w/out getting to know me at all or reading much of anything I've posted since joining almost 3 months ago.
This is the first time you've even posted here in months isn't it? I've certainly not seen you around, and this is certainly the first time we've interacted- and the first thing you have to say to me is to attack my character without reason or cause or knowing anything about me.

P.S. forgive me if I misjudged you as a Christian, are you? Your name *Opeth* doesn't suggest so, but I just assumed so, correct me if I'm wrong.
I am open to civil discussions/debate and to being corrected when wrong or altering my perception or view.

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2