The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rafael Bittencourt (Angra) singing a christian song...

3 posters

Go down

Rafael Bittencourt (Angra) singing a christian song... Empty Rafael Bittencourt (Angra) singing a christian song...

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:23 pm

Ok, isn't a christian metal song, but a portuguese version to "Your Love Never Fails" from Jesus Culture.

Rafael Bittentcourt is the founder of Angra, probally the 2nd most brazilian metal band ever, just below Sepultura. Kiko Loureiro (Megadeth) used to be in Angra too...

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Rafael Bittencourt (Angra) singing a christian song... Empty Re: Rafael Bittencourt (Angra) singing a christian song...

Post by Frozen Fire Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:16 pm

Very cool!

In the old days probably my second favorite band. Both he and Kiko were my favorite guitar duo. Angels Cry, Holy Land, Temple of Shadows were legendary albums and Aurora Consurgens had some of the best, most interesting guitar work of anything I've ever owned.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Rafael Bittencourt (Angra) singing a christian song... Empty Re: Rafael Bittencourt (Angra) singing a christian song...

Post by Kerrick Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:27 pm

Rad!  I'm not a fan of the music haha but it's great to see such a prominent musician in the scene doing something overtly Christian.

I'm a huge Angra fan.  They were actually one of the very first metal bands I ever discovered and have remained a favorite since.  Their latest album Omni has some pretty overtly Christian material in it too.  Though Temple Of Shadows still confuses me because it seems to have a fairly anti-Christian message...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:33 pm

Two other interesting things here: 

1. Rafael's singing is very good. I had his Bittencourt Project back in the day and he did an okay job singing but that's what hindered the album most. He's got a pleasant voice, just wasn't as solid in putting it to use. This fits his range and smooth style.

2. I was just talking about this song today, which I hadn't listened to or thought about in years, in a Christian Student gathering at school and then got home to see this. God knew something I didn't, which is always true, and added this blessing to a good day.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down