The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Roxx and Retroactive records.

+5
alldatndensum
BaleMaster
Constantine
average joe
TZ75
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hey Roxx and Retroactive records. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey Roxx and Retroactive records.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:10 pm

I found several other places that say (RED) for it, too...without fail, ALL of them were for the digital version...

Sooooo...I am betting RED has the streaming rights for the music, but have not ever been involved with the CDs...and the seller simply listed it as (RED) because Amazon had it listed like that from them selling the mp3

Back to top Go down

Hey Roxx and Retroactive records. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey Roxx and Retroactive records.

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:38 pm

Bought4Life wrote:I found several other places that say (RED) for it, too...without fail, ALL of them were for the digital version...

Sooooo...I am betting RED has the streaming rights for the music, but have not ever been involved with the CDs...and the seller simply listed it as (RED) because Amazon had it listed like that from them selling the mp3
 So confusing!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:09 am

I'm with a few others here in the fact that there are albums I would rather see reissued.  I am most interested in albums by bands that never were signed and therefore we may not have heard the release.  Or, if we have, we heard a copy from a cassette.  I have all the Precious Death albums and probably wouldn't buy a reissue of them.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:19 am

alldatndensum wrote:I'm with a few others here in the fact that there are albums I would rather see reissued.  I am most interested in albums by bands that never were signed and therefore we may not have heard the release.  Or, if we have, we heard a copy from a cassette.  I have all the Precious Death albums and probably wouldn't buy a reissue of them.

Ok, I take it back. Don’t reissue it. 

The people have spoken.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:50 am

Got outbid last night on the 1st X-Sinner CD. That's one I would like to see reissued because the prices can get ridiculous. I'm sure it needs a remaster as well. Let's face it, there are many albums, demos, unsigned independent releases, etc. that we could say it would be nice to see a reissue / remaster / official release of. But I would agree it largely comes down to how much of an audience is there for a particular title, and how many people would buy it? Personally there have been many recent reissues that I am either not interested in, or just mildly interested in. Some are cool. But I've become pickier as I get older, as I realize more how precious time is and how I'd rather spend the money on basic needs and experiences rather than buying stuff that I don't really need and would not listen to that much.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:57 am

I already have the reissue of Struggle by Six Feet Deep, but I would buy another one if it was done better like Ted did with the recent Tourniquet upgrades. I love that album! I’m curious if “Bow” from Focused will ever get a remaster? I don’t think any of the bands from Tooth and Nail have been.

Last edited by TZ75 on Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:00 pm

I think Six Feet Deep's Struggle is a really good and very over looked album. I'm not sure what Ted did with his latest remasters though, or what that means.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:07 pm

The lyrics of Struggle are very relatable and the music is powerful. It’s just my favorite hardcore album. Bow by Focused is probably second. And my all time favorite crossover thrash album is the s/t Crucified album.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:25 pm

TZ75 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:I'm with a few others here in the fact that there are albums I would rather see reissued.  I am most interested in albums by bands that never were signed and therefore we may not have heard the release.  Or, if we have, we heard a copy from a cassette.  I have all the Precious Death albums and probably wouldn't buy a reissue of them.

The people have spoken.

Hey, don't give up on account of me.  Try doing a post on either the Roxx or Retroactive FB pages and see if you get more hits.  Just because the consensus here may not want a reissue, they still might if you got more traction there.  It is worth a shot.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:16 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

The people have spoken.

Hey, don't give up on account of me.  Try doing a post on either the Roxx or Retroactive FB pages and see if you get more hits.  Just because the consensus here may not want a reissue, they still might if you got more traction there.  It is worth a shot.
I don’t care that much about it. I know that Roxx and certain people post here once in a while, so I thought it was worth a shot to see what other people say. It’s not my favorite album or anything...

I just think it could be a cool reissue. Even if a secular label like Metal Mind or Rock Candy did it, I’d be happy.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetway777 Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:53 am

if roxx ,retroactive , or girder would release precious
death's 1st album along with our stinking demo all remastered that would be EPIC! Very Happy
Jetway777
Jetway777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:33 am

Another candidate for a re-release:. Under Midnight. Both s/t and their follow-up Void.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:37 pm

Jetway777 wrote:if roxx ,retroactive , or girder would release precious
death's 1st album along with our stinking demo all remastered that would be EPIC! Very Happy

Yes! cheers 

That’s exactly what I want and why I started this thread! Cool
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:55 pm

TZ75 wrote:

Yes! cheers 

I would buy a Precious Death “Southpaw” remaster, but only if it included the demo with it....because I don’t have the demo. I wouldn’t be interested in their other albums as I already have them and I didn’t like em as much as Southpaw.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:12 pm

Ammocas wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

Yes! cheers 

I would buy a Precious Death “Southpaw” remaster, but only if it included the demo with it....because I don’t have the demo. I wouldn’t be interested in their other albums as I already have them and I didn’t like em as much as Southpaw.

I agree. I would be happy with Southpaw remastered + the demo.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:17 pm

Were there different songs on the demo, or were the just early versions of the Southpaw album?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:19 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Were there different songs on the demo, or were the just early versions of the Southpaw album?
I don’t have the demo but I believe there were 4 songs on it and the only song that was from Southpaw was Forcefed. The other songs were not.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:14 am

I got Southpaw, If You Must and even Blackball. They’re all alright but the lyricist was lazy...just repeated the same verses over and over. Maybe I’ll sell my CDs and throw in the cassettes for free on eBay. I havent heard this stuff in forever. The bass player was the best part of Precious Death.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:16 am

Precious Death was one of my favorite bands so of course I'd be down for reissues of both albums, with demos or otherwise.  Mostly I want them on vinyl, though. 

And I'd want If You Must remixed, remastered, etc. because the production on that one is ear-splitting.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2