The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Roxx and Retroactive records.

+5
alldatndensum
BaleMaster
Constantine
average joe
TZ75
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hey Roxx and Retroactive records. Empty Hey Roxx and Retroactive records.

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:13 am

Please reissue the Southpaw album by Precious Death! It’s just too good and has been out of print for ages! For those not familiar... think Faith No More meets Life of Agony with a splash of Skid Row. 

Last edited by TZ75 on Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Hey Roxx and Retroactive records. Empty Re: Hey Roxx and Retroactive records.

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:27 am

Haha I just found this!

TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:43 am

And their demo could be included as a bonus disc. 

TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:11 am

Good call!

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:04 am

average joe wrote:Good call!

Yeah, I hope someone takes notice. Torrential Riff said the same.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:32 pm

Yeah but at least Precious Death "Southpaw" is easily found at a good price and is even available on streaming platforms.   
I would rather Roxx, Retroactive or Girder tackle some real rarities like Mercy Rule - Overruled or the 1st 2 X-Sinner CD's or so many others I could name.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:43 pm

Constantine wrote:Yeah but at least Precious Death "Southpaw" is easily found at a good price and is even available on streaming platforms.   
I would rather Roxx, Retroactive or Girder tackle some real rarities like Mercy Rule - Overruled or the 1st 2 X-Sinner CD's or so many others I could name.
Really? I haven’t seen any “brand new” copies of Southpaw for cheap. I’m not interested in a used copy with scratches. And that’s not the only reason I want a reissue... I want it remastered with bonus tracks.

Why does it need to be one or the other anyway? These record labels have tackled more than one project at a time. And there is also the demand factor. I believe Southpaw would be worth a reissue as opposed to something considered rare but never made a splash or sold well (in the Christian metal market). 

Aside from providing fans with the out of print albums, I’m sure they would like to at least try to recoup the cost they put in, (and sometimes even make a small profit). That’s why they usually only print small batches of 500 or 1000.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:17 pm

Constantine wrote:Yeah but at least Precious Death "Southpaw" is easily found at a good price and is even available on streaming platforms.   

Hear hear!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:11 pm

TZ75 wrote:

Really? I haven’t seen any “brand new” copies of Southpaw for cheap. I’m not interested in a used copy with scratches. And that’s not the only reason I want a reissue... I want it remastered with bonus tracks.

Why does it need to be one or the other anyway? These record labels have tackled more than one project at a time. And there is also the demand factor. I believe Southpaw would be worth a reissue as opposed to something considered rare but never made a splash or sold well (in the Christian metal market). 
Well first, here's a brand new copy for under $10.   To me, that's cheap for an out of print CD:

$9.98 New Copy

Plus there are plenty of used copies there or on Ebay for $9 - $11.   

Also, I have sold or traded used CD's a lot and 98% of them have been in pristine shape with no scratches.   And if they are not, I let the prospective trader know.  So just because one does not want a used CD does not mean they are not widely available and in mint condition.   

As far as a remaster with bonus tracks, that's a different story.   I do know several folks that do their own remasters, I suppose if I wanted something done that badly, I might ask them if they were willing to do it.

It doesn't have to be either / or, but if I personally were going to prioritize, I would pick the rarest and hardest to get to reissue first, as opposed to something more easily obtained at a decent price.   As for not prioritizing ones that "never made a splash or sold well in the Christian metal market," I would point out that there are very worthy albums that never sold well or made a splash when they came out because the distribution was so poor.   So they never had a chance.   The record company or distributor may have folded, or the record company was bad at marketing, or the band broke up before or right after the release, there could be many reasons for the poor distribution.  

I personally have never seen a copy of Mercy Rule - Overruled in any store, used bin, flea market, garage sale, etc. ever in my life.  And I used to be a rabid hunter of rare metal albums and CD's.  Could say the same about other albums or CD's.  Some have been so rare and sought after over the years that they have fetched upwards of $200 or more over the years.   That means there is a demand but no supply.

Last edited by Constantine on Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:13 pm

I already saw that, but it says (Red). What does that mean? If it’s a “CD-R” forget it! Can you confirm it’s a real record label made copy?

And I’ve also looked at eBay, and there is hardly what I call “a lot” of copies. Plus I don’t want a used copy. Like I said before... these labels can make more than one reissue at a time. I get the impression you are not keen on a Precious Death reissue... but I am.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:21 pm

That's a very fair question.   I cannot figure out what "(Red)" means.   Since Amazon is the seller you might have to contact them directly to find out.

Last edited by Constantine on Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:27 pm

I actually hope one of the labels can print a batch of 500 of your Mercy Rule album, but you need to realize that the rarity of some of these albums is not a big motivator for a label to release something if they project the sells to be very low. Precious Death did have a decent following and I think people would like a well done Southpaw remaster with bonus tracks from their debut demo tape.

Last edited by TZ75 on Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:28 pm

TZ75 wrote: I get the impression you are not keen on a Precious Death reissue... but I am.
Yeah, it would not be a priority for me since it is on Spotify and plenty of copies are available still.
As said, I would prefer something like Mercy Rule, the 1st Believer, Schalliach - Sonrise, Novella, and others.

Plus, the Ebay was just an example.  I am sure there are other outlets and people who would part with the Southpaw album.

I guess you didn't like "If You Must" as much?   To me that one is harder to find at a good price.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:31 pm

Constantine wrote:
TZ75 wrote: I get the impression you are not keen on a Precious Death reissue... but I am.
Yeah, it would not be a priority for me since it is on Spotify and plenty of copies are available still.
As said, I would prefer something like Mercy Rule, the 1st Believer, Schalliach - Sonrise, Novella, and others.

Plus, the Ebay was just an example.  I am sure there are other outlets and people who would part with the Southpaw album.

I guess you didn't like "If You Must" as much?   To me that one is harder to find at a good price.
I’m not big on streaming or mp3 formats. I would like a physical remaster of the album. Maybe someone could simply stream your Mercy Rule album?  Smile

Last edited by TZ75 on Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:31 pm

TZ75 wrote:I actually hope one of the labels can print a batch of 500 of your Mercy Rule album, but you need to realize that the rarity of some of these albums is not a big motivator for a label to release something if they project the sells to be very low. 
That's fair.   It might not sell well.   I would not have that knowledge, but would love to hear from a label if they have any thoughts on that.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:38 pm

My last words on this....I met Precious Death one day in someone's house when they were still in their demo days.   
Back then they were the "buzz" band in the Christian metal underground.   When the album came out I suppose I was not that enamored with it.   Listening to it on Spotify recently, I liked it a little better but I'm still not a big fan of any of their albums.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:50 pm

Constantine wrote:

I do like the “If You Must” album, but not as much as Southpaw. And Believer’s first album has been reissued a couple times. I have a remastered copy from M8 (or something like that) and there was also some digipaks from Metal Mind records. I’m certain someone will eventually reissue it again.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:33 pm

I think I paid $5 plus shipping for a new copy of Precious Death a couple of years ago. There are definitely a lot of them out there in mint condition, and cheap.

I wound trying to sell my copy (didn't like it enough to keep) but I couldn't even get a sniff on eBay. I am pretty sure I gave it away (when I get home I will have to double check now).

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:19 pm

Bought4Life wrote:

I think I paid $5 plus shipping for a new copy of Precious Death a couple of years ago. There are definitely a lot of them out there in mint condition, and cheap.

I wound trying to sell my copy (didn't like it enough to keep) but I couldn't even get a sniff on eBay. I am pretty sure I gave it away (when I get home I will have to double check now).
Awe, too bad you didn’t give it to me!
(I like crappy bands)  Wink

Btw, do you have a link to the cheap mint copies you mentioned? A $5 copy would be great! The ones I seen on eBay or Amazon are more than that or they are just “very good” condition with some scratches.

That said, I still hope for a remastered version someday.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:44 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:

Awe, too bad you didn’t give it to me!
(I like crappy bands)  Wink

Btw, do you have a link to the cheap mint copies you mentioned? A $5 copy would be great! The ones I seen on eBay or Amazon are more than that or they are just “very good” condition with some scratches.

That said, I still hope for a remastered version someday.

Razz
Well, I didn't say they were a crappy band. They just weren't my cup of tea. I didn't like Faith No More when they came out, either (using that as reference since they were used as a comparison earlier).

I got mine off eBay...you just have to keep looking and they come in droves.

When they go scarce on eBay, it isn't because they aren't out there, it's because people stop listing them because no one is buying them..lol

Anyway, don't be afraid to hit up a seller and ask for more details. Over the past couple of years, I have notice a lot of good sellers will list items as Very Good even if they are mint because they don't want any headaches.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:50 pm

Personally, I would take a run at that Southpaw (red) listing on Amazon that says "new".

It's Amazon.....easy to return if they lie to you

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:45 pm

I’m just curious why they call it “red”? Lol
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:05 pm

TZ75 wrote:I’m just curious why they call it “red”? Lol

Possibly just to make it so it didn't use the stock description in Amazon? I see extra wording added to listings a lot...I just assumed it was to make it unique and totally editable by the seller

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:54 pm

Bought4Life wrote:

Possibly just to make it so it didn't use the stock description in Amazon? I see extra wording added to listings a lot...I just assumed it was to make it unique and totally editable by the seller
It could also be Relativity Entertainment Distribution. I tried to verify it on Discogs but I couldn’t. I do remember some Christian metal bands that used RED for the secular market.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:03 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:

It could also be Relativity Entertainment Distribution. I tried to verify it on Discogs but I couldn’t. I do remember some Christian metal bands that used RED for the secular market.

Well, that makes a lot more sense then my guess..lol

Spotify says (RED) on it too

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next