The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wearing Masks?

+16
Samson
_wes
Follower of Jesus
Guenther321
alldatndensum
DilemnaNation
CrimsonWarrior
Tobi Elektrik
Grindboy
BaleMaster
Pro-Zak
oldschooldoom
Black Rider
crucifyd
ThomasEversole
WildWorld
20 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wearing Masks? Empty Wearing Masks?

Post by Pro-Zak Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:19 am

Not me, unless I am barred entry, what about you?
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

DilemnaNation likes this post

Back to top Go down

Wearing Masks? Empty Re: Wearing Masks?

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:33 am

I wear a mask in public when I'm indoors somewhere. (put it on before I go in)
I do not wear a mask while outside in public. (take it off when I go out)

I also wear a mask when I mow - strangely enough, its actually easier for me to breathe with it on, if I'm stirring up dust or there's pollen in the air.

I don't mind one bit whether someone else wears a mask, or doesn't wear a mask. It makes no difference to me. I'm not one of these people that thinks the mask I'm wearing only does anything, when someone else wears their mask too.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:37 am

Wear it in public, unless I'm taking a walk or eating (of course).

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:01 pm

Of course, to me it’s about simple respect.  Anybody can have covid and not know it.  Wearing a mask tells others that although I don’t believe I have a virus, I’m not going to risk their health if I happen to be wrong.  Further, I happen to be recovering from surgery to remove colon cancer, and am considered immune-compromised.  Soon enough I’ll be undergoing some chemo and will be much further compromised.  If my wife or son brings home a virus from somebody who mistakenly assumes that they aren’t carrying anything during this time, I go from just having a few crappy weeks/months to a much worse situation.  

Thank you to those who are thinking of me or the thousands of people in similar situations, I know your mask doesn’t protect you, but it does potentially protect me.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

oldschooldoom and ThomasEversole like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:40 pm

I have to wear one at work and when I go to the doctor.  Otherwise, I don't wear one.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:37 pm

Grindboy wrote:Further, I happen to be recovering from surgery to remove colon cancer, and am considered immune-compromised.  Soon enough I’ll be undergoing some chemo and will be much further compromised.

Relatable. My surgery to cut out colon cancer was April 2016, and my IV chemo started July that same year. Best wishes on that for you bro.

That said, I also relate being more concerned with other's health than even my own... because my own health stress ran dry during my own cancer treatment. I just can't even bring myself to worry about me getting COVID, but I still have a concern about my parents who are older, nephew with asthma or my wife on the front lines helping sick COVID patients - getting this virus. .
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:59 pm

as little as possible...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

_wes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:24 pm

Grindboy wrote:Of course, to me it’s about simple respect.  Anybody can have covid and not know it.  Wearing a mask tells others that although I don’t believe I have a virus, I’m not going to risk their health if I happen to be wrong.  Further, I happen to be recovering from surgery to remove colon cancer, and am considered immune-compromised.  Soon enough I’ll be undergoing some chemo and will be much further compromised.  If my wife or son brings home a virus from somebody who mistakenly assumes that they aren’t carrying anything during this time, I go from just having a few crappy weeks/months to a much worse situation.  

Thank you to those who are thinking of me or the thousands of people in similar situations, I know your mask doesn’t protect you, but it does potentially protect me.
Right, and maybe we had this or that which could have infected you before Covid was ever an issue. Is that how we are to make all our decisions from now on, based on maybe and might? This has nothing to do with respect, it is little more than virtue signaling.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

_wes, BaleMaster and DilemnaNation like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:01 pm

We have to in public in Washington state, so has the emperor decreed, so it will be done. 
Not to be mean but I think it's up to people with health issues to guard themselves, but the government is now our nanny and many want this. Welcome to tyranny.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:13 pm

As a front line healthcare worker, I have always had to adhere to isolation procedure to protect myself from the patient and sometimes to protect the immunocompromised patient from myself. Because it works.

I find it ridiculous that during a once in a 100 years DEADLY pandemic, everyone is not required to wash hands, social distance, wear a mask and shelter in place continuously since early March unless essential. Because it works.

I don't care what you think about me. But I will care for you when you complain that you are not getting enough oxygen, God forbid.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:16 am

A pandemic with at least a 98% survival rate???
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

_wes, BaleMaster and DilemnaNation like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:47 am

Exactly, Pro-Zak.  A true pandemic would be likened to the Black Plague, which offed 1/3 of Europe!!!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:42 am

Tom:

I remembered cancer in your past, but wouldn't have remembered which type. You must have been very young for it! Of course glad you came through, I figure to as well, it was “accidentally”/providentially? found early, and removed stage 2A, though they still want to follow up with chemo.

Zak:

Yes, absolutely we make decisions on ifs and maybes. We all do this all the time, weighing risks to benefits and so on. The only thing unique about masks is that the most common type keep your germs to yourself rather than keeping other people’s germs out, so the risk/reward is for other people. Though I'm sure you know all of this. As for saying that mask wearers are little more than virtue signaling, I’m much less certain that you know all of what is in other people’s minds and motivation.

Black Rider:

Nobody mentioned government until your post, but for what it’s worth I’m in general agreement that the government should have as little power over the decisions of it’s citizens as is possible. My health is not your responsibility. As a free citizen, however, it’s certainly kind and thoughtful to voluntarily take up the extremely minor inconvenience of wearing a mask in public for the good of those around you.

I don’t want to be a part of an unhelpful argument that we all see way too much of already. I probably shouldn’t have posted in here in the first place. So I’m not going to say “I’m out!” and may post again if it seems beneficial, but there are my thoughts, and I’d much rather just disagree than argue for no benefit, as seems to have become our society’s custom.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ThomasEversole likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:15 pm

Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice, BaleMaster and DilemnaNation like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:26 pm

Yepper, P-Z.  Dr. Fauci himself held to this belief way back in February and March, then flip-flopped when it became politically expedient.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:21 pm

I brought up government to point out how much control they've taken. If masks were strongly suggested but not forced then we could decide if we'd wear one and we could decide if we'd be around those who don't. It's kind of scary how people are more concerned about not wearing masks while the government watches mobs burn their cities down.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Superjuice, alldatndensum and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DilemnaNation Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:05 pm

I haven't worn a mask yet and will continue to defy any proclamations, decrees or recommendations, because that's all they are.  None are enforceable laws!  The county in which I live in TN just passed one of these "decrees" to wear a mask in public but stated that it would not be enforced.  I refuse to social distance, have my temperature taken, be tested or anything of the sort.  I will also refuse the vaccinations that will be required by all to have at some point in the near future.  Those who shame people like myself and some of you for not wearing masks will  continue to shame us for not taking the vaccine.  At some point I will consider anyone wearing a mask to be my enemy due to the simple fact that they will be part of the same mechanism being used to see that I am completely shut down and cannot feed my family or continue living my life in the way that I see fit and for not bowing to tyrannical orders!

COVID-19 is a highly coordinated scam from top to bottom, years in the planning,  designed to do nothing but instill fear, obedience, and is the trigger event to usher in the New World Order and Agenda 21.  Those who wear masks in public are part of the problem and only reinforce the 24/7 fear-mongering and lies put forth from the mainstream media.  The tests admittedly yield up to 80% false positives and this is if you have no underlying health issues.  If you have been vaccinated or have taken a flu shot in the past 3-5 years, you will test positive.  Everything from asthma, bronchitis, COPD, heart issues, shortness of breath, runny nose, anything is being counted positive.  You can also be diagnosed positive over the phone if you say that you have any of these symptoms.  This has actually happened to people.  I know of at least four people who waited in lines to be tested, filled out the paperwork and went home due to long waits, only to receive a call a couple of days later saying that they were positive, without a test!  What the mask-wearers don't realize is that they themselves will test positive this fall from doing the very thing that was supposed to protect them.  Wearing the mask over months absolutely will weaken your immune system and then when you start to have cold symptoms and inevitably go to the doctor, guess what, COVID positive!  It's a vicious cycle.  The gift that keeps on giving. 

As I stated before, I haven't worn a mask once!  I was diagnosed with an immune deficiency ten years ago.  I don't use this as an excuse because I know that there is absolutely nothing to fear!  I refuse the clean carts at grocery stores and always take the unwiped ones.  I smile at people, I'm not afraid to shake hands or hug someone.  If there are places that I'm not welcome without a mask, I won't go!  I've had to cancel two dentist appointments due to this nonsense!  I asked the receptionist why I should have to wear a mask to see a dentist?  She said it was only to get in the office and then I could take it off.  I asked, well, then if you are wearing a mask and they work as well as you've been told that they do, then why should I have to wear one?  "It's just policy" is the robotic response I received.  Absolutely no common sense is to be found anywhere these days.  So I would ask any of you this.  How long are you willing to let others have power over you?  How long are you willing to live in fear of a fabricated "disease"?  How long are you willing to deprive your own body of oxygen?  Six months?  A year?  Two years?  At what cost?  If you say to yourself, it's only a mask, then what's next?  It's only a vaccine?  It's only a "certification mark/quantum-dot tattoo"?  Where do you draw the line?  At what point do you begin to question what this is really all about?  Because it ain't about a virus folks!  This one's for all the marbles and they're playing for keeps.
DilemnaNation
DilemnaNation
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

_wes and Contrarian Deist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:30 am

I do not wear a mask but only due to personal preference and not for any other reason. If you can maintain social distancing I do not see that it is necessary for the average joe/jane. Wash your hands, cover your coughs and sneezes and don't share things.

Back to top Go down

Post by DilemnaNation Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:03 am

DilemnaNation
DilemnaNation
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:27 am

Ok, that video may be a bit much, but there is some truth to it. I see all over social media folks who comply are saying they do so out of respect for others, out of love for neighbor...do you see what is being implied? We who choose not to comply do not respect others, we do not love our neighbor, we are self centered jack wagons! I had a guy from my parish over a month ago tell me that I am "pro choice" for not wearing a facemask!
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:49 am

I only wear one when I have to.  I had to see my nurse practitioner a week ago and she expects you to wear them.  I did wear one because I needed her services.  If a business requires one and I need/want their services, I will wear it.  But, if I can get those same services elsewhere without wearing one, then I will go there instead.

I don't wear it at my local Walmart or going out to eat.  My county doesn't require them.  If I want to do anything in neighboring Davidson (Nashville) county, then I have to wear it as they have a $50 fine they are now enforcing.  They are expecting stores and individuals to call a phone number to report those not wearing a mask.  Nothing like turning us all against one another.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:05 am

I wear a mask at work and in public , work supplies them every week so I have an ample supply.

I wear one to protect myself from whatever and others just in case I am carrying something, its about being considerate. I am not a doctor but if health professionals are suggesting we wear one then Yeah Ill wear one its not illegal, its not hurting anybody yeah its a mild inconvience it is what it is. I dont wear one when I am outside like in my yard or getting the mail, etc if i am getting gas and its packed then yeah ill put one on when getting gas.  I am immune comprimised in the way of I am a diabetic and I have had bronchitus and Double Puemonia in the past so I dont want to take chances, when my daughter leaves the house she wears one because she was born with a lung condition.

What I am tired of is all the winging (sp) is about that I have seen all over the internet and social media. That is the only thing I find annoying about the mask issue is that well that and the whole mentality of If i cant see it it doesnt exist which to me is total crap!

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:15 pm

Well, corporate America is joining in to make you behave.  Now Starbucks, Bestbuy, and Walmart are going to require masks nationwide.  American Eagle and Costco already do.  Starbucks' mask mandate goes into effect today and the Walmart mandate starts on Monday July 20.

I can easily do away with the rest of the stores on this list as I never go to Bestbuy, Costco, or American Eagle.  I rarely go to Starbucks, but they can guarantee I won't be now.  I need Walmart, though, as that is the lowest cost place to get groceries for me locally.  I can go more mom and pop to get groceries, but it will cost me three times as much to have far less selection.

Of course, if you look into these corporations, all five of them are huge supporters of liberal (I hate to even say Democrat nowadays because their members are too far left of what left used to be) candidates who favor continued lockdowns, face-masks, and fines/jail time for people who don't comply while emptying prisons of dangerous hardened criminals.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:19 pm

For those of you who are pro-mask, do you favor having school kids wear masks all day to reopen schools?  I work in a school and I wouldn't wear one if they weren't going to make us.

If I were a parent, this would be my stance:  if the virus is so contagious and so deadly that we need to be protected by masks, then school openings should be delayed.  If we need to cancel the Rose Bowl Parade this many months out and it's too dangerous to gather for 4th of July fireworks, then school should not be reopened and all classes should be online.  Period.  Why would you want your kid to be thrown into a nationwide petri dish as an experiment to see if kids will get this if exposed in schools?  We close for days when absenteeism is too high from both staff and students with the flu, so wouldn't this be a bigger threat?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Black Rider and DilemnaNation like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DilemnaNation Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:35 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Well, corporate America is joining in to make you behave.  Now Starbucks, Bestbuy, and Walmart are going to require masks nationwide.  American Eagle and Costco already do.  Starbucks' mask mandate goes into effect today and the Walmart mandate starts on Monday July 20.

I can easily do away with the rest of the stores on this list as I never go to Bestbuy, Costco, or American Eagle.  I rarely go to Starbucks, but they can guarantee I won't be now.  I need Walmart, though, as that is the lowest cost place to get groceries for me locally.  I can go more mom and pop to get groceries, but it will cost me three times as much to have far less selection.

Of course, if you look into these corporations, all five of them are huge supporters of liberal (I hate to even say Democrat nowadays because their members are too far left of what left used to be) candidates who favor continued lockdowns, face-masks, and fines/jail time for people who don't comply while emptying prisons of dangerous hardened criminals.

Absolutely!  The list of places I will go has narrowed drastically as well.  I haven't shopped at a Wal-Mart since 2005 or so, but largely depend on Kroger for all my grocery shopping.  I wish that I had a mom and pops store as an alternative, but sadly as in most towns, most of them have been forced out of business by having to comply with these tyrannical orders while the big-box corporate chain stores have been thriving the whole time!  I've spoken to the manager of the local Kroger personally to let her know how I feel about their policies and how that I'm concerned that by their compliance I will eventually be unable to be allowed in the store to purchase groceries.  We talked about twenty minutes or so and she heard everything that I had to say, was very courteous even.  At the end of the day though, not enough people are willing to take a stand and just default to the "I'm just doing as I'm told" routine.  A couple of weeks ago I was asked to leave a very small farmer's market store for refusing to wash my hands of all things!  There wasn't even a mask policy in place.  When I responded that my hands were already clean, the guy points to the bathroom and says "You either wash your hands or you don't shop!"  I then asked him which country I was living in and asked if it was Nazi Germany at which point he threatened to call the police.  As I was walking out the door I kindly told him that he could rest assured that I wouldn't be back.  This guy actually followed me out the door filming me with his phone as I walked back to my car.  It was such a surreal experience.  All that over just trying to get some goat cheese from a local farm!
DilemnaNation
DilemnaNation
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next