The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunbomb album is done (Michael Sweet/Tracii Guns/Black Metal) Very interested in hearing this

+17
oldschooldoom
Constantine
Follower of Jesus
Andreas89
eatbugs
Grindboy
Airola
alldatndensum
Athanasius
heck
TZ75
Kerrick
Frozen Fire
Superjuice
Temple of Blood
Black Rider
deathisgain
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sunbomb album is done (Michael Sweet/Tracii Guns/Black Metal) Very interested in hearing this - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunbomb album is done (Michael Sweet/Tracii Guns/Black Metal) Very interested in hearing this

Post by Airola Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:55 pm

Woah, this song is GREAT! Really surprised, I really had zero expectations but I REALLY REALLY love the riff when the singing begins. Got goosebumps immediately! I think I have to get this album.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sunbomb album is done (Michael Sweet/Tracii Guns/Black Metal) Very interested in hearing this - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunbomb album is done (Michael Sweet/Tracii Guns/Black Metal) Very interested in hearing this

Post by TZ75 Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:46 pm

I like the new song! It has a cool 80’s vibe like early Ozzy. 

Looking forward to hearing the full album. Hopefully there will some heavier songs.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:53 pm

It's a decent song, but why are they marketing this project as either doom metal or black metal?  That seems really dumb.  It sounds like something that could have been on Sweet's "Ten" album.   Or a Stryper record if they had guest stars.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:47 am

I guess the clue to the actual sound was right there in the first post, "The metal album I would have made when I was 17 years old." What anyone would call black metal today didn't exist. Sounds like it may be a tempered traditional metal album, nothing gritty, nothing aggressive, just plain, well produced classic metal. 

Ironically Tracii already did something like this with L.A. Guns "Waking The Dead" album which had a lot of traditional metal influence. That was a good album too. Makes me wonder if this is really any different after all.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Thu May 13, 2021 9:12 pm

I'm giving it a first spin now. No one will be disappointed.
Here is a taste https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrhTHlJaj9Q
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri May 14, 2021 7:39 pm

eatbugs wrote:Black metal.  Maybe Thomas Eversole could open for them on tour.

Without context, if you told me this was a new Stryper single, I would believe it (also, it's Christian-friendly but obviously not Christian).  It's just like most of Dale Thompson's recent output: If I didn't know better you could sell it as Bride and I would accept it.  I guess I just don't get it: unless he's really going to go for a sound outside his other projects (like actually doing black metal), why not just stick to Stryper or solo albums?

Because he is getting paid to do the work with Tracii as opposed to him using his own to record an album. It's why Dale is churning out so much lately, he put a price tag on it.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat May 15, 2021 7:31 am

oldschooldoom wrote:I'm giving it a first spin now. No one will be disappointed.
Here is a taste https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrhTHlJaj9Q

Well, that’s not true. I don’t think it’s that great. Many of the songs are very slow and plodding. I found it boring. I am also growing weary of Michael Sweet’s voice.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sat May 15, 2021 11:13 am

Lol imagine Michael actually doing black metal Laughing
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat May 15, 2021 11:33 am

I got through 9 minutes of the 17 minute sampler video.
Good production, the playing is fine.  The riffs and music just didn't strike me as anything remarkable.  
And Michael sounds the same in every song, like he's straining at the high registers.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

ThomasEversole likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sun May 16, 2021 10:19 am

eatbugs wrote:Black metal.  Maybe Thomas Eversole could open for them on tour.

lol!

Guest wrote:During an appearance earlier today (Tuesday, May 5) on SiriusXM's "Trunk Nation", Guns stated about the musical direction of SUNBOMB: "I love black metal. I love black metal more than I love a lot of other things. Because black metal has a certain element of Randy Rhoads in it that people might not really identify that, but I always have. There's something about the double picking and the way the chords are structured and the weight of the music.

Black metal has a certain element of Randy Rhoads in it?  That's like saying 'pizza' has a certain element of 'cheese stick' in it.  lol!

Actually, reminds me of conversations I had with a coworker years ago in a factory job.  
"Black metal?  I've welded black metal before."
"I listen to black metal too.  You know, black metal like Judas Priest, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath..."

I listened to the sample video.  It sounds good, but uh....  not much black metal that I could hear.  The guitars nod to it every once in a while, just like a cheese stick would resemble a pizza when trying hard to connect those dots.  LOL
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Fri May 27, 2022 2:50 pm

So I listened to the album, not that impressive. No Tomorrows is the best song there, the rest sounds like outtakes from MS solo outings. On that note, I'm kind of getting bored of everything MS related trying to be heavier and heavier, Even the Devil Believes was much better (I'd argue it blows away all of the other reunion albums, including Fallen) as it was more melodic and thats the direction he should be taking on his projects.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri May 27, 2022 2:51 pm

Sunbomb I found competently done, but dull. Give my Stryper or Sweet solo any day.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri May 27, 2022 6:24 pm

I like and enjoy the album. I like it better than anything he’s done outside of Stryper. Heck, I like it better than GDE. I like hearing his voice over Tracii’s music. There’s plenty of time for the trademark Stryper sound… the occasional detour is good.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2