The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cornona virus, what to do???

+12
Constantine
Samson
Black Rider
ThomasEversole
BaleMaster
TZ75
alldatndensum
Ammocas
Markus1987
MikeInFla
WildWorld
Rockrz
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cornona virus, what to do??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Cornona virus, what to do???

Post by Guest Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:56 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:I feel like I maybe have a different perspective about COVID-19 than maybe other people?

Its not that I don't care or don't take it seriously.  I do care and do take it seriously.  
I stayed at the gym after my workout yesterday to go around, hitting grips and weights with Lysol wipes.

Its just that my "worry" over "diseases" "ran out" when I had colon cancer.

Plus, I think the news media has been a bit reckless about this.  Yes, a new contagion should be discussed, they should inform the populous...  but them making frequent bombshells out of a new US death total seems to be missing the mark.  Why not tout the number of people who've been infected, and recovered? (which is a much bigger number than people who have been infected, and died)

I can imagine you would have a different perspective after that most definitely. Like you I do care and think its a serious matter and completely agree about the media being reckless.  My worry is all these restrictions and stuff will mess with my income and put undo stress on my family. Im worried about that more than contracting it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:24 pm

Warzawa wrote:My worry is all these restrictions and stuff will mess with my income and put undo stress on my family. Im worried about that more than contracting it.

I have the same worry, my friend.  Even though I've been setup to work from home for years (customer service for multiple national brands) I noticed even today on manic-Monday, a reduction in incoming calls.  It seems that quite a few businesses/clients I work with, are closing their doors until April.  That trickles down to me as "less work".

...and I have some concern with my wife.  She's a charge nurse in an ICU, so...  She's on the front lines so to speak - since if people have serious symptoms, they could end up where she is.  ...and my parents, who are older.  I've thought about that too.

I like how others have summed it up with "Trust Jesus".
Sounds like a good idea to me.
XD
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:28 pm

I am in one of those fields where I can't work from home:  education.  I am a teacher's aid, and we don't get nice salaries like teachers do.  So, when our inclement weather days run out after Wednesday, I don't know what I will do.  I am also a pastor of a small church and we were open this past Sunday.  Now that they want us to avoid groups of 10 or more, that may close us, too.  If that income stream runs out, I don't know what I will do.  I will be praying and watching to see how this plays out very carefully.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:14 pm

If all you have to do is speak those promises why didn't the early Church do that instead of being fed to lions, lit on fire etc? God's not some magic genie to prevent hard times, he promises to go through them with us.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:56 pm

Black Rider wrote:If all you have to do is speak those promises why didn't the early Church do that instead of being fed to lions, lit on fire etc? God's not some magic genie to prevent hard times, he promises to go through them with us.
That’s right, I agree with you...Jesus never said the Christian life would be easy...we would suffer trials and tribulations, but he promises that he would be there right by our side! 
We can get through anything when we put Him first in our lives  and ask Him...Whether you pray quietly or pray out loud and speak the Word of God it’s a double  edged sword against the enemy(Satan) and he will flee...also, the Bible tells us to give thanks always to Him...and pray without ceasing...I find when I’m facing a crisis and I just thank him for what I do have or what he’s given me...it helps me get through the crisis..believe me, it’s not easy to give thanks when your world is falling apart around you, but if you can just remember that Ultimately He is the Creator and Master of everything and that giving thanks and rejoicing in him; he will be there with you and work out all things in his timing. We just have to keep on living our lives, look out for one another, and put our trust in Him.
Anyway, I don’t want to come off as too preachy...I just find giving thanks and trusting in him works for me. As far as Corona virus...we really just need to be aware of cleanliness, our surroundings, and don’t let the media or news put fear in you...and just give God all your anxieties and burdens. And wash your hands regularly man!
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:29 pm

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Samson Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:29 am

I have been struggling to understand how cancelling church services and/or prayer rooms could happen without delegitimizing the power of prayer. I asked someone this question in church yesterday, to which they responded that cancelling was done with not only wisdom and discernment, but obedience to government, which isn't popular, but still scriptural.
Samson
Samson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:58 am

I've been struggling to understand how Barak Obama considers H1N1 a national emergency October 2009, and November 2009 the CDC said there were 22 million American infections, 4,000+ American deaths.

There was awareness, but no panic.

Trump considers Coronavirus a national emergency a few days ago, with 4,700+ US cases and 93 US deaths (as of 6 hours ago), and its full on MASS HYSTERIA in this country.

Buy all the toilet paper. Close the schools, churches and restaurants. Stay home. Wash your hands a billion times a day. Never touch your face again.

I know the diseases have some biological differences, but I think the media coverage between both time periods is different too, and undoubtedly a variable...
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:44 pm

Well said, Thomas. As I wrote in the other topic, I don't understand all the mass hysteria that's going on right now
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:43 am

Trump considers Coronavirus a national emergency a few days ago, with 4,700+ US cases and 93 US deaths (as of 6 hours ago), and its full on MASS HYSTERIA in this country.

2 weeks before that Trump called it a hoax

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:42 pm

Warzawa wrote:
He did not call it a hoax.   Even Snopes debunked that.  He accused Democrats of politicizing it as a weapon against him.  Saying their criticism of how his administration was handling it was their 'new hoax' now that ''Russia Russia Russia' and impeachment failed.  

He did initially downplay the severity of it, which turned out not to be a good idea.  He says dumb things and has poor word choice at times, but he was entirely correct about the media and the Democrats.  They have used this crisis to attack him and his Presidency, and much of the media is still doing that.  I see it every single day on my news feeds.  What they are doing is disgusting.

But not at all surprising.

Last edited by Constantine on Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:07 pm

Politics gonna politics.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:38 pm

Constantine wrote:
Warzawa wrote:
He did not call it a hoax.   Even Snopes debunked that.  He accused Democrats of politicizing it as a weapon against him.  Saying their criticism of how his administration was handling it was their 'new hoax' now that ''Russia Russia Russia' and impeachment failed.  

He did initially downplay the severity of it, which turned out not to be a good idea.  He says dumb things and has poor word choice at times, but he was entirely correct about the media and the Democrats.  That have used this crisis to attack him and his Presidency, and much of the media is still doing that.  I see it every single day on my news feeds.  What they are doing is disgusting.

But not at all surprising.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:07 pm

alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:29 am

alldatndensum wrote:This is a long read but well worth the time.

https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine/evidence-over-hysteria-covid-19-1b767def5894

hmmm...looks like the censorship police nixed it...

here it is on wayback machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/20200321164503/https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine/evidence-over-hysteria-covid-19-1b767def5894
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:50 am

crucifyd wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:This is a long read but well worth the time.

https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine/evidence-over-hysteria-covid-19-1b767def5894

hmmm...looks like the censorship police nixed it...

here it is on wayback machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/20200321164503/https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine/evidence-over-hysteria-covid-19-1b767def5894

Yes, in true internet gestapo style censorship, we must silence anyone who looks at facts and figures and comes up with a different opinion or solution than what the government and media are spewing right now.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:06 pm

Was anyone here wondering what Rob Halford's thoughts on this were? Wonder no more:

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:38 pm

Wasn't wondering and still not.  Razz
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:57 am

Agreed.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:51 am

Steve has the answer...https://youtu.be/8A-tRsU1wkM
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by guitarhoops Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:56 pm

Wow this thread is hot. Well in Canada all non-essential places have been closed for the last three weeks. We have church services over the internet and also do communion as well. I have been laid off and it looks like I won't be going back to work until June 1st maybe. The country is in lock down. But you know God is good. I can still pay my bills and put food on the table. He has provided opportunities to help others. He has given me freedom to be his hands and feet. He has also given us opportunty to shine his light and give people hope. What a time to spread the gospel. Death has no sting when you are His. Remember to do it in love and not beat them over the head with your Bible. Smile
guitarhoops
guitarhoops
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

http://www.unforsaken.ca/Jon/launchpage.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:15 am

yeah dont want to damage your bible Smile

Seriously though... that's good to hear, I am thankful I am still working and can limit my risk by working from home 2 days a week which Has been a godsend not only to my sanity but temperment with the workplace as well

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:29 pm

I've decided to use this opportunity to grow a beard, never had one before. My daughter who goes to a Christian school which has strict personal appearance rules has colored her hair blue whilst schooling from home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2