The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Die Happy and many more on LP and Gold Disc!

+10
alldatndensum
Tobi Elektrik
Soldier777
Constantine
mothy
grandeped
BaleMaster
force perspective
MikeInFla
Bill Roxx
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Die Happy and many more on LP and Gold Disc!  Empty Die Happy and many more on LP and Gold Disc!

Post by Bill Roxx Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:17 am

6 New Limited Run Vinyl, Thursday 8am.
Remember when you didn’t have to work, got weeks off school for the holidays, watched new episodes of The Dukes of Hazzard on Friday nights, could eat all you wanted without gaining a pound, the world knew it could trust Walter Cronkite’s news, and you celebrated birthdays with all your childhood friends coming over for cake and games? Ahhh….the good-ole-days indeed! Sometimes they were magical! Limited Run Vinyl is gearing up to release six new elite classic vinyl reissues that can help transport you back to a time of less responsibility, fewer obligations, and your biggest anxiety was getting your mullet just right! Grab the keys to your DeLorean and time travel to relive the magic of these classic albums - all remastered and reloaded, looking and sounding better than ever!
limitedrunvinyl.com
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.roxxproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Die Happy and many more on LP and Gold Disc!  Empty Re: Die Happy and many more on LP and Gold Disc!

Post by MikeInFla Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:58 am

Looking forward to Die Happy, but only if it is on black vinyl or a standard CD. No gold CD's for me. Been waiting for the first 2 DH for a while now but I will pass if they are gold CD's or vinyl priced more than $25. Remember, when we watched Dukes Of Hazzard we didn't have Gold CD's or pay over $30 for a record.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Die Happy and many more on LP and Gold Disc!  Empty Re: Die Happy and many more on LP and Gold Disc!

Post by force perspective Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:43 am

Can we please STOP with the GOLD Cd's, STOP!!!!
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:24 am

Die Happy and Mastedon vinyl FTW!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:39 am

force perspective wrote:Can we please STOP with the GOLD Cd's, STOP!!!!
I CAN'T STAND IT!!! 

sunny Just Joking
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by grandeped Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:48 am

I'm glad they brought the price of gold CDs down to a reasonable price, but the front art still has that cheesy "Gold Disc Edition" border around it that I'm not a fan of, and too many releases at once means I have to put what little money I have into vinyl. So I guess I will miss the lower-ish prices on these re-issues. I miss the slower release pace of the old days before Gold CDs.

grandeped
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:05 pm

Im starting to notice Boones, Girder etc have really raised their prices CD's before shipping are almost pushing $20.

Whats going on! This is why I stopped buy CD's for so long after shipping 1 CD will cost me a little over $25 no way!

guess Ill live without the new remasters
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:17 pm

Guys - if you only hate the Gold CD's because they are higher priced, Girder just advertised a secret 5-day sale where this new batch of  new Gold CD's (Die Happy, Guardian, etc.) are $16.98 and the shipping is temporarily reduced to $1.99.

This announcement came in an e-mail and is not on the site.  Here is the text about the "secret sale":

Remastered Gold Disc Editions are coming for all 6 of these releases but not for $24.99 like in the past, just $16.99 for the CDs and 36.99 for the vinyl. $16.99 is good for just 5 Days + $1.99 as well for just 5 Days.

$16.99 Gold Disc for 5 Days (Through Monday)
$1.99 Shipping for 5 Days (Through Monday)
$36.99 each for vinyl

You'll find everything live on Thursday Morning at 8am EST, that's 5am for you West Coast at limitedrunvinyl.com.  Right now there is no mention of these on the website because we wanted to give you first glance especially because now that Magdallan, Angelica, Sixpence and Betrayal - Renaissance are all sold-out, we knew you would want to plan accordingly. 

The part about the sale being on the limitedrunvinyl.com site is a little confusing, but maybe one of us can figure it out by the time it goes live.

I don't hate Gold CD's, but I agree that the usual price is too high, especially for an album you are only casually interested in.   I would only reserve that kind of money for something I would listen to a lot.  I do however, hate digipacks.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:33 pm

I missed out on the Die Happy albums in the early/mid 90's. I may get those. I have the original CDs of Mastedon Lofcaudio Guardian Miracle Mile and Mastedon It's a Jungle Out There Froniers Records reissue - I will have to think about those.

Many here expressed their concern about the pricing. I live in Canada where the Canadian dollar is about $0.757 US or $1 USD is $1.32 Canadian so it is more expensive for us up here in Canada, not including shipping. I try to order where I pay on average under $27 Canadian a CD and under $45 a record. Usually it works out when I place an order if the vendor has a sale or free shipping or a combination of both. I add albums to my want list and hopefully they won't sell out or are in sale when I do get them. I've had a want list since 1990 and I'm always adding items to it.

I agree on the yellow border - I'm not keen on that either. They should of put it on the see through CD tray on the side that you can see where it says "limited edition" on other types of special releases form other types of reissues.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:43 pm

I would love to have them on vinyl but I'm not paying more than $25 for a record. I have recent double album reissues I have bought for less than that. I do have the Die Happy stuff which is a free download on Amazon prime. I'll stick with free for now.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by grandeped Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:14 am

MikeInFla wrote:I would love to have them on vinyl but I'm not paying more than $25 for a record. I have recent double album reissues I have bought for less than that. I do have the Die Happy stuff which is a free download on Amazon prime. I'll stick with free for now.

If you bought a double album for that price, it was only because the album had to be popular enough to warrant a higher number of sales. The hard truth of vinyl pricing is that you can't compare one re-issue to another. Vinyl plants give you a lower price the higher volume you buy. So a limited run of 200 is going to cost a lot more per record than a limited run of 500. Its how the record plants operate whether we like it that way or not. Then many other factors like cost to license the music varies significantly depending on who owns the rights. Some albums take a lot more money to get in shape for vinyl. And so on.

So bottom line - if you can't afford above a certain price, cool. We all have budgetary limits. I wanted several of these albums on vinyl, but I think I maybe swing two. But please realize there is no way to compare one album re-issue price with another. That's not how vinyl works.

grandeped
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:57 am

$44.99 for Paramaecium on vinyl. And that's the special pre-order price!  Shocked

Double vinyl, splatter design, gatefold cover - I know that's expensive. But still... $54.99 for ONE album??
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:28 am

grandeped wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:I would love to have them on vinyl but I'm not paying more than $25 for a record. I have recent double album reissues I have bought for less than that. I do have the Die Happy stuff which is a free download on Amazon prime. I'll stick with free for now.

If you bought a double album for that price, it was only because the album had to be popular enough to warrant a higher number of sales. The hard truth of vinyl pricing is that you can't compare one re-issue to another. Vinyl plants give you a lower price the higher volume you buy. So a limited run of 200 is going to cost a lot more per record than a limited run of 500. Its how the record plants operate whether we like it that way or not. Then many other factors like cost to license the music varies significantly depending on who owns the rights. Some albums take a lot more money to get in shape for vinyl. And so on.

So bottom line - if you can't afford above a certain price, cool. We all have budgetary limits. I wanted several of these albums on vinyl, but I think I maybe swing two. But please realize there is no way to compare one album re-issue price with another. That's not how vinyl works.
I would splurge for black vinyl if they did Die Happy on a limited run of 500, much like the previous reissues. I like the new cover art for the first album. I saw the email above for the CD's to 16.99 from Girder and got one today from Roxx that said the same thing.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:33 pm

Concerning the yellow border on the Gold Discs which have "Gold Disc Edition," Scott Waters says that going forward, you will be able to turn the booklet around and on the other side will be the full, original cover.  So that should not be an issue going forward.   This new feature starts with the Siloam "Sweet Destiny" gold disc, according to Scott.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:01 am

Went ahead and ordered the first DH CD. Had an issue with the 1.99 shipping but Bill fixed it for me. I think the new artwork for the first album is pretty cool but I don't think it is on the CD. Looks to be on the LP only. Either way, figured I would pick up the first one since I never had it (only the free Amazon Prime downloads). Volume II I downloaded from iTunes years ago so no need to repurchase that one.

From what I read the "new" cover is what the band originally wanted but the label didn't like it and used the band photo. Wonder why they didn't like it? It's much better than the original. 
Die Happy and many more on LP and Gold Disc!  Album_15394_cover_5
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:44 am

The $1.99 shipping is for Girder Music.  Bill is part of Roxx Records, not Girder.  That might explain why there was an issue with the shipping not being $1.99 if you were on the Roxx Records site.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:14 pm

Constantine wrote:The $1.99 shipping is for Girder Music.  Bill is part of Roxx Records, not Girder.  That might explain why there was an issue with the shipping not being $1.99 if you were on the Roxx Records site.
The 1.99 shipping is for Girder, Roxx and Boone's. Bill fixed it yesterday afternoon to reflect 1.99 shipping.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:22 pm

Ah, they are in cahoots!   Lol.  Sometimes I wonder if they are the same company and the same people and are trying to make us think there's more of them than there are Smile.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:51 pm

Preach it, brother!!!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:38 pm

How would you classify Die Happy's music? Groove bluesy metal, industrial metal?
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:45 am

Die Happy had two albums and opinions vary on which one is better. Both are hard rock. The first record is more raw but not in a good way, in my humble opinion. Some good tracks but I wasnt blown away. Volume II, however, blew me away with solid hooks, catchy tunes, groovy rhythms, more accessible lyrics, and the bluesy vibe of Robin Kyle well-merged with the crunch of the ex-Vengeance players. Under-rated Greg Chaisson’s distorted bass dominates many tracks and his wrting contributions are obvious. Every track is GREAT and the album has great balance.

1. Sticks and Stones — solid groovy bass-driven opener dealing with the damage words can do
2. Justified - awesome single describing what Jesus did for you. Creative Zeppelinesque arrangement too with a slow bridge after the second verse, followed by a lead break before breaking into the second and final chorus
3. Love Sick Dog: Great hooky metal bluesy song about someone that needs saving. Robin is so good, wish he had recorded more songs. This album was his highlight...better than Red Sea Blood. Love the two part solo of this song, a triumph for Farkas and Thieme.
4. Tear Gallery: Freaking love this song. Tons of emotion, super melodic, and maybe the best track on the record. The fantastic solo is followed by a bass solo and man what a killer riff.
5. Blue. Another creative arrangement. Its two different songs in one, with slow moody intro followed by a gospel-like rocking chorus. They bring out the acoustic guitars on this one. The song tells a story of depression turned into joy.
6. Talk. A classic 80’s hard rock sounding track dealing with media nonsense. Timely then, timely now. I love this song and it may very well be the weakest track in a superb record,
7. Eden. MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE. The opening riff, opening vocal, the arrangement, the story. Over 5 mins...maybe too short to be labeled as “epic” but yeah, I’m gonna say it. THE SONG IS EPIC. “Heaven’s garden made by God for man, this is paradise child of mine take my hand”. Two part solo. Acoustic guitars mingled with electrics. This is Zeppelin meets Tesla meets Jesus.
8. Cole’s Atomic Funk Thang. Short, awesome instrumental. Whole song written on the bass, like most Iron Maiden songs. If Steve Harris had a solo album that broke away from metal into other genres, it might sound like this funky thang.
9. Temple of Soul. Ah the moody album closer....and Robin Kyle Bassauri’s best vocal. Period. I’ve tried singing along with this one many times. It just hit me who Robin sounds like - Jack Russell from Great White. This song has the best chorus of the record, though its hard to call it that since Kyle is the only vocal. And the only vocal needed thru this entire album.

So you probably guessed it....I tore thru the cassette tape dozens of times back in the 90’s and was happy to pay $40 for the vinyl a few days ago.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by grandeped Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:43 am

Soldier777 wrote:How would you classify Die Happy's music? Groove bluesy metal, industrial metal?

The first Die Happy album is early 90s metal. It drew comparisons to Metallica's Black album because one song had a similar intro to "Enter Sandman." But that was really about it. Die Happy had a much better singer. But, it was former thrashers doing a heavy metal album with a guy that could sing well. It blew me away when I first heard it, and I still love it.

Volume II brought in former Badlands bassist Greg Chaisson (still one of my favorite bassists), and he seemed to bring some of the gritty bluesy hard rock with him. Less metal, but with more groove, grittiness, and soul than the first album. Volume II blew me away even more, and became my favorite of the two even thought they went a little more mellow.

The high production values on both albums means that a remaster won't change them much, but because there has been so much time and improvements in technology I am sure they will still sound better. They just weren't good to begin with.

grandeped
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:51 pm

Yeah, I agree! I have Die Happy’s original cd’s from back in the day and I’m on the fence about plunking down more cash for a remaster let alone gold cd’s...are they that much better than the originals? Is there much better artwork and info that would warrant getting these? Maybe if they were on regular cd’s with upgraded sound and artwork...I’ll have to go and find my originals and see how they sound.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:33 am

Ammocas wrote:
Yeah, I agree! I have Die Happy’s original cd’s from back in the day and I’m on the fence about plunking down more cash for a remaster let alone gold cd’s...are they that much better than the originals? Is there much better artwork and info that would warrant getting these? Maybe if they were on regular cd’s with upgraded sound and artwork...I’ll have to go and find my originals and see how they sound.
And from what it looks like the CD only has the original artwork, not the new. Maybe it does but when you go to the order page it clearly has the original cover. Would be cool if the CD has the new artwork but I guess we won't know until it arrives. I only ordered it because I've never had a physical copy.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:48 am

See, I FAR prefer Die Happy's first album. I hate the blues rock on the 2nd album. They had no power on that record. The first album, however, is loaded. There are some awesome tracks on that album, and I don't skip a single one. Think I'll go listen to that one now!
  Guitar guy
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next