The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Die Happy and many more on LP and Gold Disc!

+10
alldatndensum
Tobi Elektrik
Soldier777
Constantine
mothy
grandeped
BaleMaster
force perspective
MikeInFla
Bill Roxx
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Die Happy and many more on LP and Gold Disc!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Die Happy and many more on LP and Gold Disc!

Post by alldatndensum Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:55 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:See, I FAR prefer Die Happy's first album. I hate the blues rock on the 2nd album. They had no power on that record. The first album, however, is loaded. There are some awesome tracks on that album, and I don't skip a single one. Think I'll go listen to that one now!
  Guitar guy

While I agree that the first album had power, I always loved the feel on the second one.  Of course, I am a sucker for a bluesy cool riff, so I fell for this immediately.  Most of the bluesy sound comes from Greg Chaisson's bass riffage, and the songs would have had a different sound if the bass were more like on the first record.  However, to say their second lacked power is to miss the brilliance of the morph in style to create something that would not be labeled as a Metallica close which many people said back in the day.  I never heard that, but it is what was said.  Going in a heavy bluesy direction, to me anyway, gave them a sound that was quite unique in both the Christian and secular markets.  How many thrashy blues bands were there at the time?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Die Happy and many more on LP and Gold Disc!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Die Happy and many more on LP and Gold Disc!

Post by deathisgain Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:31 pm

I'll have to listen to the second one, as I never liked the first one and lost interest.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2