The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JPBII - Patreon with a ton of music!

+6
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
average joe
alldatndensum
deathisgain
MikeInFla
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

JPBII - Patreon with a ton of music! Empty JPBII - Patreon with a ton of music!

Post by MikeInFla Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:30 am

I don't know how Patreon works but you can get music from Jimmy by joining, check it out:

https://www.patreon.com/jpbii
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

JPBII - Patreon with a ton of music! Empty Re: JPBII - Patreon with a ton of music!

Post by deathisgain Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:42 pm

You pay a monthly fee to an artist to get exclusive music, etc from them. Not to dig at anyone, but I don't know too many artist I would trust to consistently crank out stuff to justify a monthly fee. That being said, a lot of people do it, and make some good buck at it.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

JPBII - Patreon with a ton of music! Empty Re: JPBII - Patreon with a ton of music!

Post by alldatndensum Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:16 pm

After having quite a few successful campaigns and a handful of bad experiences too, I still don't like thinks like Kickstarter.  I really don't want to pay someone a monthly fee hoping I will get music from them.  While Jimmy is a pretty decent bloke who will keep his promises to release new music to those supporters, there are people who would set this up and their fans get burned.  I just don't trust it.  For me, the best way to get new tunes is to put out the CD and MP3 and I will buy it then.  I know--I am an old fart who doesn't always trust new ways of doing things.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:03 pm

A Patreon for new thrash tunes from D is a model that could work.

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:56 pm

I would never pay for music like this but I see why artists would try it.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:08 pm

Artists have to make a living somehow, I see why they do this.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:16 pm

Considering the lowest level is one dollar you could pay only 12 bucks a year. Almost might be worth it just to get the back catalog since I don't have it all. Wonder How long you have to commit?
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:29 am

Jimmy would be the only one id do this for if i could swing it.  He's released covers and new solo material nothing to do with Deliverance, its all Jimmy Brown Solo work that from some of what ive heard sounds amazing!!!  Especially when he covered Starman by David Bowie

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:42 am

Has anyone here contributed? 60 patrons and 100 or 150 needed (saw one that said 100, scrolled down and saw 150).
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:29 pm

I'm a patron.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:02 pm

I’m a patron for Jimmy. I’ll see how it goes. I don’t usually do stuff like this, but I like his music enough that I’m willing to try it. If it works out, great! If not? Then I’ll quit.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:29 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:I’m a patron for Jimmy. I’ll see how it goes. I don’t usually do stuff like this, but I like his music enough that I’m willing to try it. If it works out, great! If not? Then I’ll quit.
Let us know how it goes and what you get
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:18 pm

I was curious about this .... so you can pay as little as $1 a month? Does the Artist send you music monthly or weekly or it depends on the amount you pay?
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:52 pm

It’s been one day and it’s already worth it. Just don’t go into it expecting metal. Some rock, sure. Frankly, though, it’s the personal connection with Jimmy after I signed up that has made it worth it. I’m looking forward to the future. He does deliver new music reasonably often.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:02 am

One of my favorite Jimmy tracks was his cover of Oden Fong's The Mask.  It gave me the shivers, and in a good way.  Cool
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:58 pm

I haven't heart that one but I would like to check it out. Cool someone else knows Oden Fong.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:23 pm

Let me know when he is making speed/thrash again with D. Couldn’t care less about the artsy rock stuff.

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:48 pm

I prefer the artsy rock stuff!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:51 pm

I  like that Jimmy's making the music HE wants to make and nothing artsy fartsy about it I mean heaven  forbid the man expands his horizons

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:04 pm

He just released a killer remake of “Lucidia” from his Jupiter VI album. A couple of weeks ago, he released a cover of Brandon Flowers’ Crossfire. He doesn’t have 100 patrons, but he’s releasing music regularly. I also got both Fearful Symmetry albums, 25 or so cover songs he’s recorded, and the re-recorded tracks from the Temporary Insanity tribute album. But for those who want speed/thrash, to quote a killer track from Camelot, “that’s just not [him] anymore”.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:06 pm

Man, I'm curious about some of this, would love to hear what he does with Crossfire. It's just not in the budget right now.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:43 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:He just released a killer remake of “Lucidia” from his Jupiter VI album. A couple of weeks ago, he released a cover of Brandon Flowers’ Crossfire. He doesn’t have 100 patrons, but he’s releasing music regularly. I also got both Fearful Symmetry albums, 25 or so cover songs he’s recorded, and the re-recorded tracks from the Temporary Insanity tribute album. But for those who want speed/thrash, to quote a killer track from Camelot, “that’s just not [him] anymore”.

He will release more D albums. He always does.

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:40 pm

Is anyone here a member? 

I wish to know if Jimmy's is still active on Patreon and if he work on music along the supporters...

I am considering to get in.

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:15 pm

Jimmy's been inactive for a month now, but I expect that to change soon.  Hopefully he's tidying up Camelot 21, of which I'm a contributor.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:01 am

I miss his more frequent updates. 

I know Camelot 21 is next. And I heard he’s recording a new Deliverance album with Jim Chaffin.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next