The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random thoughts...

+46
nocturnaliridescence
TopJosh (Josh L.)
Fundy
Krich
scottmitchell74
L8T
Sevenoneself
ChosenNightwolf
Pethead
Son of Nun
Sophia Valentine
Theonymic
Keva
Constantine
Triptyque
Raegoul
Frozen Fire
Dustofyears
TZ75
MagnusPrime
Superjuice
Hidgxx
WildWorld
BaleMaster
Staybrite
Kerrick
Grindboy
CrimsonWarrior
Guenther321
oldschooldoom
Athanasius
Black Rider
New Creation
Rockrz
Snert I
Ammocas
Athonite
Markus1987
Livna
crucifyd
Andreas89
ThomasEversole
alldatndensum
Driven
HenrikB
MikeInFla
50 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random thoughts... - Page 20 Empty Re: Random thoughts...

Post by Sevenoneself Thu May 26, 2022 8:32 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
My two cents on how to prevent school shootings? Kids on mental health meds, need to be better monitored. Doctors need to stop scripting and sampling these drugs like they're candy. 

If kids on these meds withdraw socially and/or stop talking, they need taken off the meds, until they can communicate or show, how they're feeling with them.
I agree with this point. When I started on meds, I wasn't self-aware enough to realize what was happening. My personality and persona would change, but it still felt like "normal me". Even though I had a great psychiatrist who made changes very slowly, my family still had to give input b/c of the subtle changes. I didn't have any really bad experiences, but there was one time I turned into a "zombie". There are ALOT of psychiatrists who are not careful when experimenting with meds, and often do so without recommending other mental health helpers like diet, counselling, sleep, outdoor activity, etc.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ThomasEversole and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sun May 29, 2022 3:17 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:Even though I had a great psychiatrist who made changes very slowly, my family still had to give input b/c of the subtle changes.

I'm glad you had this support.

My experience with anti-depressants was at the height of my active alcoholism.  (over 15 years ago) 

My family 'wrote me off' at the time, as they didn't want to see me drink myself to death...  so they weren't around to gauge my behaviors.  Despite the rampant addiction, I still had some self-awareness, but my psychiatrist wasn't great.

Basically, when I reported 'hearing a barbershop quartet from oscillating fans', the doctor gave me another script and sent me on my way.  When an acquaintance died from an OD and in a room full of crying people, couldn't even muster a frown....   to weeping uncontrollably when only doing some outside landscaping, again....  the doctor gave me another script and sent me on my way.

Taking an honest inventory of myself, I can think of a few times in my mid-20's where I was a stones throw away from killing other people and myself.  I believe its by the grace of God that I didn't end up as another spree-killer statistic.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Mon May 30, 2022 12:12 am

ThomasEversole wrote:
Sevenoneself wrote:Even though I had a great psychiatrist who made changes very slowly, my family still had to give input b/c of the subtle changes.

I'm glad you had this support.

My experience with anti-depressants was at the height of my active alcoholism.  (over 15 years ago) ....

I had an aunt who had an even better experience, her psychiatrist was a Christian who mixed counselling and psychology into his practice. He had a small bookstore in his practice that had many solid Christian books in it (not the crappy ones!! I've ended up reading quite a few of them on her recommendation.

I hurt so bad for those who had horrible experiences like you had. The mental anguish is enough without our families, churches and doctors giving up on us. 

So great to hear you in a much better place now. I'm 40, so same age as you. 

I'm so thankful to God for His grace. One never knows how close he/she is to suicide, murder/suicides, divorce, homelessness, etc.; like you, I know I could have ended up in anyone of those places in my darkest hours.

And I do hurt for those who are a part of the mass shootings. Yes, they have made choices but they are also perfectly packaged products of our society. But for the grace of God there'd be so many more of these.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ThomasEversole and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon May 30, 2022 10:19 am

BaleMaster wrote:The Disney + package is no more.  This insidious corporation has run its course and deserves to die a slow, agonizing death via millstone-neck syndrome.  Twisted Evil

You can run but you can't hide.  Disney actually controls around 80% of alledia we engage in.  They own multiple production companies, own parts of many streaming sites, book companies, major music labels, etc.  Disney is everywhere.

Sadly, their competitors like Netflix, HBO, Amazon, etc. are equally as evil.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Mon May 30, 2022 12:43 pm

I don't buy into that defeatist mentality.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon May 30, 2022 8:57 pm

BaleMaster wrote:I don't buy into that defeatist mentality.

I am not asking you to.  Start researching what all Disney holds and you will find that there isn't much media left they don't own at least part of.  Their competitors are equally as evil.  I guess that leaves you with Pure Flix that isn't known for high quality stories or performances.

Last edited by alldatndensum on Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:30 pm

Why is there so much drama when you work around women?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:50 pm

Ever wonder why in the Lord of the Rings trilogy,  the fellowship didnt just fly the eagles to Mordor? Well, here's Tolkien with his response:

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:32 pm

It has gotten SO hot hear this week.

I blame all of you who were whining a few short months ago about how bad to hated cold weather and couldn't wait for it to get hot!  This is on you!!!

LOL
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Staybrite, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:25 am

Since the next-door neighbors moved out a few days ago, having resided there for the better part of a decade, my roomie brother has put in for a bid for their place.  So there's a very good chance that, for the first time in two decades, I might be living alone again.  At least if my Internet putzes out, he can lend his expertise!! Very Happy
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:33 pm

While I agree with the ruling striking down Roe V. Wade, I am tired of the gloating that so many believers are doing over this.  Yes, it is a victory, but do we have solutions for the problems this will create?  Did we make adoptions affordable?  Are we willing to help girls and women pay for health care during their pregnancy?  With a possible glut of children being dumped on the foster system that is already overtaxed, are we willing to step up to foster and even adopt older kids who will now have less of a chance at a forever home?  Are we prepared to deal with more depression and suicides og girls and women who cannot afford to drive across state lines?  We will lose two lives in those cases instead of just one.  What about dealing with the depression of kids and teens who find out that their mom wanted an abortion but couldn't get it and in desperation tell the child that they never even wanted them?

While I hate abortion, we are not even talking about how to help people because we are too busy high fiving one another when overturning this only slows the abortion industry down.  It isn't dead, nor is it going anywhere.  We need real solutions TODAY to help people who don't hold to the sanctity of life like Christians do to ease their suffering and help them through a tough time of having an unwanted child at any stage of life.

If we are going to celebrate, then we need to be rolling up our sleeves and getting to work on solutions that help.  Otherwise, we will have shown the world again how irrelevant and worthless the church is as we have become nothing more than clanging cymbals.

My rant is now over.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

WildWorld likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:14 am

alldatndensum wrote:While I agree with the ruling striking down Roe V. Wade, I am tired of the gloating that so many believers are doing over this.  Yes, it is a victory, but do we have solutions for the problems this will create?  Did we make adoptions affordable?  Are we willing to help girls and women pay for health care during their pregnancy?  With a possible glut of children being dumped on the foster system that is already overtaxed, are we willing to step up to foster and even adopt older kids who will now have less of a chance at a forever home?  Are we prepared to deal with more depression and suicides og girls and women who cannot afford to drive across state lines?  We will lose two lives in those cases instead of just one.  What about dealing with the depression of kids and teens who find out that their mom wanted an abortion but couldn't get it and in desperation tell the child that they never even wanted them?

While I hate abortion, we are not even talking about how to help people because we are too busy high fiving one another when overturning this only slows the abortion industry down.  It isn't dead, nor is it going anywhere.  We need real solutions TODAY to help people who don't hold to the sanctity of life like Christians do to ease their suffering and help them through a tough time of having an unwanted child at any stage of life.

If we are going to celebrate, then we need to be rolling up our sleeves and getting to work on solutions that help.  Otherwise, we will have shown the world again how irrelevant and worthless the church is as we have become nothing more than clanging cymbals.

My rant is now over.
I'm with you 100%. It wasn't the people deciding in a referendum or a vote; it's the judicial system imposing itself on others. 

While I do think there are some good answers and solutions already in place to some of your concerns, many are valid and un-addressed by Christianity. 

Like you, I'm tired of the gloating, and I'm tired of debating right now; I need a rest. So just know I share and understand your frustration and believe all of Christianity could use a bit more of the humility you're showing here.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

WildWorld and alldatndensum like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:50 pm

alldatndensum wrote:It has gotten SO hot hear this week.

I blame all of you who were whining a few short months ago about how bad to hated cold weather and couldn't wait for it to get hot!  This is on you!!!

LOL
It's 108 down here

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:43 am

80 today. A brief respite from the upper nineties.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:56 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:While I agree with the ruling striking down Roe V. Wade, I am tired of the gloating that so many believers are doing over this.  Yes, it is a victory, but do we have solutions for the problems this will create?  Did we make adoptions affordable?  Are we willing to help girls and women pay for health care during their pregnancy?  With a possible glut of children being dumped on the foster system that is already overtaxed, are we willing to step up to foster and even adopt older kids who will now have less of a chance at a forever home?  Are we prepared to deal with more depression and suicides og girls and women who cannot afford to drive across state lines?  We will lose two lives in those cases instead of just one.  What about dealing with the depression of kids and teens who find out that their mom wanted an abortion but couldn't get it and in desperation tell the child that they never even wanted them?

My rant is now over.
I'm with you 100%. It wasn't the people deciding in a referendum or a vote; it's the judicial system imposing itself on others. 

While I do think there are some good answers and solutions already in place to some of your concerns, many are valid and un-addressed by Christianity. 

Like you, I'm tired of the gloating, and I'm tired of debating right now; I need a rest. So just know I share and understand your frustration and believe all of Christianity could use a bit more of the humility you're showing here.

Thank you, kind sir!  I appreciate that!!!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:50 pm

And I don't disagree with much of anything either there Alldat. But I believe the "you're pro-birth, not pro-life" choruses are desperately misguided/ignorant (which I mean in the best possible way). With 5 minutes of reflection and scrolling through my facebook friends, I've identified 26 families/households that I know or have known personally who would all identify as Christ-followers that have been significantly involved in foster/adoption or both. This does NOT count "raising my grandchild" familial type involvement, sponsoring a child overseas, or "gave $50 to a crisis pregnancy center once." I know that a couple of these families/households would identify as Democrats (I'm not a Republican myself) and I know a couple who would also be pro-choice, although I'm certain the overwhelming majority would not. You don't see this type of thing, or at least don't notice it in the same way, until you enter that world, but when you do, it's immediately obvious that there are a massive number of people who have been at work giving their hearts, lives, and homes to children in unsustainable situations. The pro-choice protesters, I'm certain, simply don't see this because by and large they're not a part of that world.

There will be more needed, 100% the points of the above posts stand and I'm not arguing against them. But there's been SO much more going on all this time beneath the surface, one family at a time, that just doesn't get recognized precisely because it's one family at a time. The Church of Jesus Christ is and has been doing incredible work.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:24 pm

Grindboy wrote:And I don't disagree with much of anything either there Alldat. But I believe the "you're pro-birth, not pro-life" choruses are desperately misguided/ignorant (which I mean in the best possible way). With 5 minutes of reflection and scrolling through my facebook friends, I've identified 26 families/households that I know or have known personally who would all identify as Christ-followers that have been significantly involved in foster/adoption or both. This does NOT count "raising my grandchild" familial type involvement, sponsoring a child overseas, or "gave $50 to a crisis pregnancy center once." I know that a couple of these families/households would identify as Democrats (I'm not a Republican myself) and I know a couple who would also be pro-choice, although I'm certain the overwhelming majority would not. You don't see this type of thing, or at least don't notice it in the same way, until you enter that world, but when you do, it's immediately obvious that there are a massive number of people who have been at work giving their hearts, lives, and homes to children in unsustainable situations. The pro-choice protesters, I'm certain, simply don't see this because by and large they're not a part of that world.

There will be more needed, 100% the points of the above posts stand and I'm not arguing against them. But there's been SO much more going on all this time beneath the surface, one family at a time, that just doesn't get recognized precisely because it's one family at a time. The Church of Jesus Christ is and has been doing incredible work.
Some of these points are what I meant when I said in my previous point, "I do think there are some good answers and solutions already in place to some of your concerns". And I agree with you, Grind, that there is much more to do as well.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:44 pm

My son (20 months old) is dancing to doom metal. Truly, I have succeeded as a parent.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Staybrite, Kerrick, Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:14 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:

I'm not sure what you meant here exactly, but there is no imposing going on with the current ruling.   The Constitution and the Founding Fathers never intended to confer any "right" to abortion.   The current court just corrected that.  The imposing was done back in 1973 when the court at that time read something into the Constitution and it's surrounding documents that was never there.

There is a huge problem right now where pro and anti-life people alike are thinking of Supreme Court justices as their very own cage fighters - i.e. each side wants to send "their people" in there to fight for their own pet causes.   This is so wrong on so many levels.   A Supreme Court justice is there to interpret the Constitution.  They are not there to be SJW's.  The fact that this attitude is so pervasive is what is causing (some) people to be so angry, violent and combative.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:07 pm

Grindboy wrote:I believe the "you're pro-birth, not pro-life" choruses are desperately misguided/ignorant (which I mean in the best possible way).

I love running into this one online, because its quite easy to flip their script to "you're pro-abortion, not pro-choice".

Its odd to me how so many who want there to be a choice in abortion, but do little more than sputter, when asked why they are anti-contraception.  (ie: contraception is 99% effective at pregnancy prevention, but lets not use any of that, and grow a baby to throw away instead)

Also odd how 1% of actual abortions are 100% of many choicer's reason for them.  (rapes, incest, child abuse, total for less than 1% of all abortions - the vast majority are elective, and that's even official stats, not some pro-life spin)

Abortion 'killing children' is not an exclusive "Christian" construct.  Its surreal to stand shoulder to shoulder with an atheist who also thinks abortion is killing babies, but its a pretty good feeling too.  A little science "hey, that brain and nervous system you think, believe, dream and feel with, is there for a child when you want it legal to be killed.".

None of these Moloch worshipping ghouls can explain how its a child when born, but its 'the woman's body' 1 hour before that, when the child was 8 inches in a uterus.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:17 pm

Constantine wrote:
Sevenoneself wrote:

I'm not sure what you meant here exactly, but there is no imposing going on with the current ruling.   The Constitution and the Founding Fathers never intended to confer any "right" to abortion.   The current court just corrected that.  The imposing was done back in 1973 when the court at that time read something into the Constitution and it's surrounding documents that was never there.

There is a huge problem right now where pro and anti-life people alike are thinking of Supreme Court justices as their very own cage fighters - i.e. each side wants to send "their people" in there to fight for their own pet causes.   This is so wrong on so many levels.   A Supreme Court justice is there to interpret the Constitution.  They are not there to be SJW's.  The fact that this attitude is so pervasive is what is causing (some) people to be so angry, violent and combative.
If I understand you correctly, I was attempting to say the same thing as you; but you said it much more clearly and understandably. Smile
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:20 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:
Constantine wrote:
Sevenoneself wrote:
If I understand you correctly, I was attempting to say the same thing as you; but you said it much more clearly and understandably. Smile
Very good, thanks for clarifying.  I was trying to step very gingerly because I wasn't entirely sure what you meant.
Sometimes there are some misunderstandings here...if you hang around long enough you'll experience them, lol!
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:40 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
Grindboy wrote:I believe the "you're pro-birth, not pro-life" choruses are desperately misguided/ignorant (which I mean in the best possible way).

I love running into this one online, because its quite easy to flip their script to "you're pro-abortion, not pro-choice".

Its odd to me how so many who want there to be a choice in abortion, but do little more than sputter, when asked why they are anti-contraception.  (ie: contraception is 99% effective at pregnancy prevention, but lets not use any of that, and grow a baby to throw away instead)

Also odd how 1% of actual abortions are 100% of many choicer's reason for them.  (rapes, incest, child abuse, total for less than 1% of all abortions - the vast majority are elective, and that's even official stats, not some pro-life spin)

Abortion 'killing children' is not an exclusive "Christian" construct.  Its surreal to stand shoulder to shoulder with an atheist who also thinks abortion is killing babies, but its a pretty good feeling too.  A little science "hey, that brain and nervous system you think, believe, dream and feel with, is there for a child when you want it legal to be killed.".

None of these Moloch worshipping ghouls can explain how its a child when born, but its 'the woman's body' 1 hour before that, when the child was 8 inches in a uterus.

I know this is meant tongue-in-cheek, but I don't want my post to be seen as in agreement with dehumanizing born people, either.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ThomasEversole and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:00 pm

Constantine wrote:
Sevenoneself wrote:
Constantine wrote:
Sevenoneself wrote:
Very good, thanks for clarifying.  I was trying to step very gingerly because I wasn't entirely sure what you meant.
Sometimes there are some misunderstandings here...if you hang around long enough you'll experience them, lol!

For the month or two that I've been on here, you guys are doing pretty great navigating disagreements and contreversies!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:19 pm

Grindboy wrote:
ThomasEversole wrote:Moloch worshipping ghouls

I know this is meant tongue-in-cheek, but I don't want my post to be seen as in agreement with dehumanizing born people, either.

Someone would have to read quite a bit between the lines to think you meant that.  Any aim for such a thing should come to me, since I said it, and I own it.

I should clarify, there's a world of difference between pro-choice and a pro-abortion "Moloch worshipping ghoul".  I don't agree with choice embryo disposal, but at least those same choice folks think destroying developed fetuses is going too far.  I'm definitely against killing babies and stopping human life, but a I think a woman should have access to abortion if she NEEDS one.  (she will die without one, is needing one.  BTW, hospitals consider surgery for ectopic pregnancies, to be an abortion.)

Ghouls, are people like this protester.  They're either completely trolling and this is all a big joke, or they have a gross misunderstanding of science and life.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next