The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fearless - finally a christian band playing Rhapsody-core?

5 posters

Go down

Fearless - finally a christian band playing Rhapsody-core? Empty Fearless - finally a christian band playing Rhapsody-core?

Post by Andreas89 Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:49 am

So I remember finding out about this band somewhere last year. By then, they had released an EP (youtube video below), and a song from the upcoming album I think. It's some speedy, symphonic power metal with occasional folky touches, just how I like it. It was the first christian band I ever encountered playing this particular style of power metal, and I still can't think of another one.
Then I saw the last activity on their facebook page was from years ago, so I thought it would be another promising band never taking off. But last week they suddenly were back, because the singer had built an audience with his youtube channel singing covers, and now he felt the time was right to come up with his own band (although he did sing on last years's Orion's Reign album).

I think their full length will be a concept album, but I'm not sure how "direct" the message will be, or even if there will be any glimpse of christianity; that's why I put the question mark at the end of the topic title. I still think this subforum is the right place at the moment.

On to the music.

New Single Tale With No End:

Debut EP Ancient Wisdom:

Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Fearless - finally a christian band playing Rhapsody-core? Empty Re: Fearless - finally a christian band playing Rhapsody-core?

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:29 am

The EP was very direct with its message.

Thanks for sharing this!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Fearless - finally a christian band playing Rhapsody-core? Empty Re: Fearless - finally a christian band playing Rhapsody-core?

Post by mothy Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:47 am

I dig it, hopefully they have a little of that carry over into the new stuff.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:52 am

What about Golden Resurrection?  Don't they play "Rhapsody-core"?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:10 am

This is great! Definitely into this style. Greatly missed good quality power metal in coming to faith. That was my main genre of choice but it's minimal in the Christian scene, at least by comparison. Hope this has that bend.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:01 am

Temple of Blood wrote:What about Golden Resurrection?  Don't they play "Rhapsody-core"?
Not in my book, for several reasons. GR is certainly melodic enough, but lacks in speed. Also, there are no choirs present, and they lack that folky flavor. They're more of the Swedish/Finnish school of power metal than of the Italian I'd say. I adore their debut album though.

And you're welcome, by the way Wink
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:10 am

Frozen Fire wrote:This is great! Definitely into this style. Greatly missed good quality power metal in coming to faith. That was my main genre of choice but it's minimal in the Christian scene, at least by comparison. Hope this has that bend.
It's a tricky genre to do right actually. There are only a few in the Christian scene that have the right "touch"; maybe Christian Liljegren can start yet another band for yet another style of melodic metal Razz 

But seriously, it might have something to do with that this style requires a higher budget to sound good. And there isn't that much money in metal, so go figure...
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:58 am

So im listening to the full length and wow its good. so far seems like a battle of good and evil kind of thing.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:09 am

Also noticed the entire EP is woven into this album so maybe a continuation of the story started on the EP
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:12 pm

Rhapsody-core! Hmm... Never heard of it. Would like to hear it with the keys removed, or are they required in this genre like other happy power metal genres?

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:30 am

I mean Rhapsody-core in the sense of lots of speedy songs combined with symphonics and optional folky touches. So yes, keyboards are necessary Razz
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down