The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ordering reissues when you have the original....

5 posters

Go down

Ordering reissues when you have the original.... Empty Ordering reissues when you have the original....

Post by Soldier777 Tue May 21, 2019 8:33 pm

As you all may know, places like Retroactive Records, Girder Music and Roxx Productions are putting out reissues of classic albums like Angelica, Daniel Band, Ken Tamplin, Shout, Deliverance, Recon, Holy Soldier, Crystavox, Fear Not/Lovelife, etc. Many of us have the originals. If the reissue is superior to the original or older reissue in terms of sound and artwork, do you keep the original/reissue or do you sell or trade it off?
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Ordering reissues when you have the original.... Empty Re: Ordering reissues when you have the original....

Post by Guest Tue May 21, 2019 9:27 pm

Considering the originals are rare in most cases and hard to come by, I keep mine.  I have multiple copies of many of the reissues at this point.  However, if a reissue comes out that is superior to the previous reissue, say the new Philadelphia "Search And Destroy" on Roxx compared to the M8 version from years ago, I'll keep the Roxx copy.  The Roxx artwork is vastly superior and even the remaster is much improved.  The original recordings will always hold a special place in my collection.  Maybe it's nostalgia but I would find it very difficult to let them go, reissue or not.

Back to top Go down

Ordering reissues when you have the original.... Empty Re: Ordering reissues when you have the original....

Post by MikeInFla Tue May 21, 2019 10:25 pm

I keep both but a lot of times I will not buy a reissue if I have the original. Sometimes I will but rarely. If it is something I had on cassette and no longer have, then sure I will buy it. But if I have 2 copies of something I usually just keep them. In this day and age it just isn't worth it to sell CD's anymore.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue May 21, 2019 11:46 pm

Unless the sound quality is greatly improved, I keep my original and skip the reissue.  If I buy the reissue, then the original has to go.  I don't have room for multiple copies of the same thing.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Tue May 21, 2019 11:59 pm

I keep the original and the most current/best reissue if I bought it. Those originals were made in such small quantities, I can't just let them.go.

Now, if we're talking something like Skillet putting out deluxe versions, I ditch the original and keep the deluxe version.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xid Wed May 22, 2019 11:56 am

I only purchase reissues of those albums I don't have.
Xid
Xid
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.joshuascreed.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down