The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vardoger - Help ordering vinyl and contacting the band

+3
jeffcorpse
Kerrick
jaydeecrawson
7 posters

Go down

Vardoger - Help ordering vinyl and contacting the band Empty Vardoger - Help ordering vinyl and contacting the band

Post by jaydeecrawson Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:36 pm

Guys,

Please help me out here. I tried to order the Vardoger "Ghost Notes" vinyl from their website and my payment was refunded.

Does any one know where I can order this because I'm not having much luck AT ALL from their Facebook page or website.

Does any one here own the LP and can you tell me where you got it from? I'm pretty desperate here....

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Vardoger - Help ordering vinyl and contacting the band Empty Re: Vardoger - Help ordering vinyl and contacting the band

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:41 pm

Nordic Mission's got it and they're reliable.
https://www.nordicmission.net/en/products/vardoger-ghost-notes-lp

This is a fantastic album by the way.  Since it was released, it has been on pretty regular rotation for me.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Vardoger - Help ordering vinyl and contacting the band Empty Re: Vardoger - Help ordering vinyl and contacting the band

Post by jaydeecrawson Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:48 pm

okay thanks dude. and yes it is a masterpiece

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:52 pm

Sure thing!  I've ordered from NM numerous times and they've always been great.  The shipping rates from Norway are a drag, but in this case you'd get that from the band directly as well.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffcorpse Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:11 am

WOW! That song on video is AMAZING!
jeffcorpse
jeffcorpse
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:22 am

Jeff have you not heard this album yet?  Oh man you need to remedy that quick!  Very Happy

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:56 pm

so are they still active or not?

their guitarist was originally helping me order the vinyl then he dropped off the face of the earth and won't reply to email or FB messages

since then, the ordering link has been removed from their website

and yes shipping from nordic mission is $$$

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:06 pm

I'm not sure about how active they are...  I remember seeing an announcement on FB about one of their members leaving the band but don't recall anything about replacements or such.

Keep in mind that there was literally 12 years between their EP and full length so "active" is a relative term hahaha.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:28 pm

The music and death vocals on this are perfection.  But the occasional clean whiny prog vocals ruin the whole thing for me...like nails on a chalkboard.  I wish bands would offer "extreme/no clean vocals" and "clean vocal" versions like the clean/explicit releases that major labels do!  Ha.  I'd be able to buy so much more music....

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:40 pm

The female clean vocals do take a little getting used to... but without them I don't think I'd love this album nearly as much as I do.  They give the album this clean, upbeat, catchy feel in contrast to the harsher aspects which makes it pretty unique.  And because they're not the typical operatic style, Ghost Notes doesn't tread into the cliche "beauty and the beast" waters that's so overdone.  I wouldn't change a thing.  My only gripe would be that all the songs are pretty similar and it wouldn't have hurt to have had a few faster and/or slower songs in the mix.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:42 pm

Are they female?  I thought it was a dude.  Either way, can't take 'em.  I wish I could, and glad others like yourself can!

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:26 pm

Ha, yeah they're not the most feminine sounding [no offense to the singer if you're reading] but it is a woman singing.  Like I said, it did take me a little while to get used to her vocals, but now I really can't imagine the album sounding any other way.  Eh, maybe they'll grow on ya.  Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Haugtussen Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:40 am

Two different clean vocalists on this record, one male and one female

Haugtussen
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:02 am

yeah it's a masterpiece. epic.

one of the BEST albums I've heard in YEARS

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:37 am

Haugtussen wrote:Two different clean vocalists on this record, one male and one female

True, though I just assumed he meant the female vocals since the clean male vocals are petty sparse, relatively.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Haugtussen Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:34 pm

I guess you're right. BTW I saw them l live two years ago. Then the female singer (Johanne) did all the clean vocals. Knut Anders Sørum is a little to busy with his own career: https://youtu.be/SialM2WoAmk

Haugtussen
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Haugtussen Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:35 pm

Hope there are no stupid region restrictions on the YouTube link

Haugtussen
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:48 pm

The video works for me in the US.  Smile  Wow, he's quite eclectic in his musical abilities!  But I think I'll stick to his metal stuff...   Razz

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Haugtussen Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:51 pm

How do you prefer Ole Børud then? The metal way or this way?: https://youtu.be/4jynzxQt_-4

Haugtussen
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:13 pm

Haugtussen wrote:How do you prefer Ole Børud then? The metal way or this way?: https://youtu.be/4jynzxQt_-4

I actually wish he would sing like that over metal.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:06 pm

Haugtussen wrote:How do you prefer Ole Børud then? The metal way or this way?: https://youtu.be/4jynzxQt_-4

I'm hoping he brings some of this to the next Fleshkiller. 

Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:19 pm

As for the Vardoger, it's got some incredible songs on it! I love the female vocals. They add an incredible range of emotion to it that really makes it something extraordinary. Never heard anything like it. 

It reminds me of a lot of the mid-90's bands who had transitional albums in the doom, death and gothic metal genres. They'd make an album that truly stood out in a unique way like Tiamat "Wildhoney," Moonspell "Wolfheart," Therion "Theli," Paradise Lost "Draconian Times" Anathema "Eternity" and then struggle as to where to go in the aftermath. It will be hard to follow up Ghost Notes.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:50 pm

Well this answers why you had troubles with the webstore...  Sad Sad Sad 

Vardøger wrote:We have closed down sales via our website, and will be closing down the web page shortly. Our Facebook page will stay open, but our band is history. It was a mind boggling experience for us all to finally complete a full length album, and we DID IT although many thought we never would make it. But life has a way of telling you when you need to make a move to the next faze, and with this band, it seemed like our destiny was to complete the record and move on. And move on we have in different directions. But make no mistake about it, we are proud of what we were allowed to share with you, and although we would love to make a second record, and to get that experience and maybe do it better, it was time for everyone involved to go in different directions. Thank you all for the amazing support and kind words over the years. We produced this thing our selfs and were never signed, so over all we are super happy of all the support we received.
Vardøger is over, but we hope our music will live on a couple of more years, at least!
- Vardøger

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:19 pm

Kerrick wrote:Well this answers why you had troubles with the webstore...  Sad Sad Sad 

Vardøger wrote:We have closed down sales via our website, and will be closing down the web page shortly. Our Facebook page will stay open, but our band is history. It was a mind boggling experience for us all to finally complete a full length album, and we DID IT although many thought we never would make it. But life has a way of telling you when you need to make a move to the next faze, and with this band, it seemed like our destiny was to complete the record and move on. And move on we have in different directions. But make no mistake about it, we are proud of what we were allowed to share with you, and although we would love to make a second record, and to get that experience and maybe do it better, it was time for everyone involved to go in different directions. Thank you all for the amazing support and kind words over the years. We produced this thing our selfs and were never signed, so over all we are super happy of all the support we received.
Vardøger is over, but we hope our music will live on a couple of more years, at least!
- Vardøger

I'm glad I finally found a physical copy of it last year. Surely all physical copies will disappear in the next year or so. Being self-financed offers great freedom but when people who want your material can't even find it, it makes sense that you'd have a tough time reaching the rest of the scene. It had to be tough to pull it all together.

Like they said, I'm glad we at least got Ghost Notes.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Hill Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:23 am

I had also replied to that status and asked where physical copies could be purchased.  This was the response:

"We don’t know yet. There are a limited amount of what we have left to share of CD’s and LP’s. But we well get the small amount that’s left out there somehow"
Devon Hill
Devon Hill
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down