The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What you guys think of Whitecross - High Gear?

+12
L8T
Follower of Jesus
Soldier777
arttieTHE1manparty
strype53
deathisgain
Hardcore Christian
messiaen77
Xid
alldatndensum
eatbugs
Black Rider
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What you guys think of Whitecross - High Gear? - Page 2 Empty Re: What you guys think of Whitecross - High Gear?

Post by oldschooldoom Sat May 04, 2019 11:28 am

I stand alone in saying that I like all Whitecross. Probably because I like Scott's voice and Rex's guitaring. Probably because I like the RATT sound.

BUT...High Gear is in low gear in my ranking of Whitecross albums.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of Whitecross - High Gear? - Page 2 Empty Re: What you guys think of Whitecross - High Gear?

Post by Guest Fri May 10, 2019 10:49 am

High Gear was ok, havent heard it in eons so not sure what id think now (I dont have the CD tape was lost long time ago)

One song stood out to me though  called "My Love" theres a line that everytime i hear it hits me  like a brick

"When I think about the time you loved me through my pain
You took me by the hand and gave me hope again"

Even 20 plus years later  still has the same effect on me every.single.time

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Fri May 10, 2019 10:52 am

The whole album is accessible on YouTube
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10, 2019 10:56 am

good to know

of course thinking bout that song brought Resist Him also to the surface of my conscious thought heh,   they knew how to write meaningful songs , songs that 20 years or so later still hold the same power as they did when i was 16

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Fri May 10, 2019 11:06 am

Resist Him was from the mighty 1988 Hammer & Nail album
High Gear (1992) has the distinction of being Rex Carroll's last album with Whitecross before leaving the band to pursue other projects.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10, 2019 11:25 am

*Knows this*

I think from the albums back in the day I only need High Gear and In the Kingdom to finish my run

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Fri May 10, 2019 1:51 pm

I must be one of the few that love this album.  It may be a bit poppy, and have too many ballads, but I love pretty much every track.
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri May 10, 2019 5:34 pm

I bet with a great remaster and adding the two songs they did for that greatest hits album to this, then most people's opinions would change.  I think this would be especially true if those two songs were added in at the right places in the song listing.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun May 12, 2019 3:39 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I bet with a great remaster and adding the two songs they did for that greatest hits album to this, then most people's opinions would change.  I think this would be especially true if those two songs were added in at the right places in the song listing.

They wouldn’t work mixed in somewhere. The guitar tone was totally different (and much better) on those two songs than the High Gear album.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 12, 2019 4:58 pm

Which songs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2