The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joshua Perahia's website is taking pre-orders for remaster of "Joshua - Intense Defense"

+16
Andreas89
MagnusPrime
Follower of Jesus
dperahia4
Black Rider
MikeInFla
WildWorld
Kerrick
Xid
Opeth3232
deathisgain
OnlyAMan
alldatndensum
Soundmass.com
Staybrite
Temple of Blood
20 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Joshua Perahia's website is taking pre-orders for remaster of "Joshua - Intense Defense" - Page 4 Empty Re: Joshua Perahia's website is taking pre-orders for remaster of "Joshua - Intense Defense"

Post by Pethead Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:45 pm

Andreas89 wrote:Nothing personal, man. But still....
Don’t be mad just because you guys lost the World Wars.  Razz
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Joshua Perahia's website is taking pre-orders for remaster of "Joshua - Intense Defense" - Page 4 Empty Re: Joshua Perahia's website is taking pre-orders for remaster of "Joshua - Intense Defense"

Post by Second Wind Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:25 pm

Black Rider wrote:I have to say, this is one of the funniest threads ever.
I am sad to read this. How can a so called christian think so little about a thread where brothers did nothing but exchange offenses and accusations about each other.

Even worse the opinion was endorsed by the forum moderation.

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:43 pm

^That's a fair critique and for that I apologize.  I've dealt with so many folks coming here just to sling mud that I've become a bit calloused I suppose.  From 10,000 ft., the absurdity and vitriol is pretty comical - until you consider the heart from which it stems.

Hopefully DP's time off allows room for rest and reflection.  And let the rest of us be more gentle if/when he returns.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:10 pm

Kerrick wrote:^That's a fair critique and for that I apologize.  I've dealt with so many folks coming here just to sling mud that I've become a bit calloused I suppose.  From 10,000 ft., the absurdity and vitriol is pretty comical - until you consider the heart from which it stems.

Hopefully DP's time off allows room for rest and reflection.  And let the rest of us be more gentle if/when he returns.

Why should you have to apologize?

The vitriol was pretty one-sided and perpetrated by a certain "mud-slinger" who recently won a free CMR vacation LOL!

Just because we are Christians doesn't mean we can't defend our viewpoints or laugh at outrageous things. Life is tough for a lot of us right now. We need a good laugh now and again. If I recall correctly, no one was being vulgar or threatening anyone.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:48 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:
Kerrick wrote:^That's a fair critique and for that I apologize.  I've dealt with so many folks coming here just to sling mud that I've become a bit calloused I suppose.  From 10,000 ft., the absurdity and vitriol is pretty comical - until you consider the heart from which it stems.

The vitriol was pretty one-sided and perpetrated by a certain "mud-slinger" who recently won a free CMR vacation LOL!

Just because we are Christians doesn't mean we can't defend our viewpoints or laugh at outrageous things. Life is tough for a lot of us right now. We need a good laugh now and again. If I recall correctly, no one was being vulgar or threatening anyone.
What is outrageous and laughable is someone's point of view and by these terms you are using one might get offended.

Read again and think. Is it really funny? Really?

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:59 pm

You need to read the Bible again, it's not the only say nice things book you think it is.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:06 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:

[ninja'd]

^Indeed the mud-slinging and vitriol were especially one-sided.  That's why only DP is on vacation and the only other "warning" (if you can call it that) to anyone else was to not feed the troll.

I think what SW was getting at is that we shouldn't laugh at someone while they're down - regardless of how unfounded or absurd their "down" state might be or appear.  I think DP is/was genuinely quite upset - and while I don't think what anyone else said warranted his condescending and accusatory responses, poking fun at him isn't the best response either.

(It might also be good to note that BR wasn't necessarily suggesting that DP is laughable but rather this thread.)

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider, Andreas89, Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:29 pm

Second Wind wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:

What is outrageous and laughable is someone's point of view and by these terms you are using one might get offended.

Yes.

There are worse things in life than being offended.

If one's sensibilities are so easily offended, I would suggest one refrain from engaging in any topic where someone could POUNCE - and voice an opinion - without any notice!

affraid
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:51 pm

Black Rider wrote:You need to read the Bible again, it's not the only say nice things book you think it is.
Where does it say you should treat people badly and make fun of them? 

Show me a verse or a chapter, I really need to read it, as I do not recognize this as a proper way to treat newcomers.

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:07 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:
Second Wind wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:

Yes.

If one's sensibilities are so easily offended, I would suggest one refrain from engaging in any topic where someone could POUNCE - and voice an opinion - without any notice!

affraid
"There are worse things in life than being offended."
Yeah, I know. So What?
Then shall we lose respect for each other and say whatever come to our mind just because there are worse things in life?

What an awful argument. Come on, you can do better than this, right?

So, one can punch other in the face and say: "come on, you are not dead...There are worse things in life."

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:33 pm

Jesus used mockery and sarcasm quite a bit. It's not a foreign concept to the Bible and you are employing it's use in these interactions. And I ain't even mad.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:41 pm

Second Wind wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:
Second Wind wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:

Yes.

affraid
Yeah, I know. So What?
Then shall we lose respect for each other and say whatever come to our mind just because there are worse things in life?

So, one can punch other in the face and say: "come on, you are not dead...There are worse things in life.

Oh I can do better...

Now you're trying to equate someone having an opinion about something to getting punched in the face? WOW. 

How do you go through life like this??? Being so uptight about people being "offensive". 

You are now acting just as sanctimonious as DP was. 

Therefore...you sir, have lost my respect. 

Congratulations!
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:58 pm

Black Rider wrote:Jesus used mockery and sarcasm quite a bit. It's not a foreign concept to the Bible and you are employing it's use in these interactions. And I ain't even mad.
What????
Man, I don't think I serve the same Jesus as you...

Jesus thought us love, compassion and peace. Showed us to love our brother, not to mock him.
To say the least, he used lots of metaphors and gave lots of clever answers to those who wished to condemn him, but it was never controversial with his lifestyle in any way.

He didn't even used sarcasm and Mockery for Judas, He felt sorry for him, after all.

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:15 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:
Second Wind wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:
Second Wind wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:

Yes.

affraid
Yeah, I know. So What?

So, one can punch other in the face and say: "come on, you are not dead...There are worse things in life.

Oh I can do better...

Now you're trying to equate someone having an opinion about something to getting punched in the face? WOW. 

How do you go through life like this??? Being so uptight about people being "offensive". 

You are now acting just as sanctimonious as DP was. 

Therefore...you sir, have lost my respect. 

Congratulations!
It is not about giving an opinion, you said clearly it is okay to offend the neighbor. No, it is not!

You know, people get offended everytime in our daily lives. We offend others and also get offended. But this should not be a place to be so careless and skeptical about it. It is still a Christian forum.

Now, either you respect me or not, I don't care at all. I am not going to lose my hair over it.

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:16 pm

Calls people who believe in him sons of Satan in John, calls people whitewashed tombs, calls Herod a fox .  Asks rhetorically of the pharisees if they've not read which was sarcasm.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Superjuice and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:39 pm

Second Wind wrote:

It is not about giving an opinion, you said clearly it is okay to offend the neighbor. No, it is not!

You know, people get offended everytime in our daily lives. We offend others and also get offended. But this should not be a place to be so careless and skeptical about it. It is still a Christian forum.

Now, either you respect me or not, I don't care at all. I am not going to lose my hair over it.

Again...

How do you go through life in such a state? I really want to know.

I don't recall anyone making fun of or attacking anyone else in this thread besides DP. 

You're overreacting. This is so weird.  scratch
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:12 am

Black Rider wrote:Calls people who believe in him sons of Satan in John, calls people whitewashed tombs, calls Herod a fox .  Asks rhetorically of the pharisees if they've not read which was sarcasm.
I think you misunderstood the sense of his words by saying it is mockery and sarcasm. 
He exorted people, sometimes through a very direct way, sometimes through analogies and sometimes through parables.
The way he refer to pharisees, in most of the time, He was trying to teach them at the same time they were trying  to see if His saying would go against the law and them they could find a reason to arrest Him.

He never send any of these things pointing His fingers and laughing of the pharisees.
Try to read it with a different point of view. Wink

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:32 am

Pethead wrote:
What are you talking about? The Netherlands didn't even take part in WW1. Only sold weapons to both sides.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:47 am

MagnusPrime wrote:
Second Wind wrote:

Again...

I don't recall anyone making fun of or attacking anyone else in this thread besides DP. 

Not really. In fact, I am not mad or upset at all.

My point, from the very beginning is to show that there isn't a single bad guy against the saints of this forum (which was the impression I had from the thread). Both sides said things that could be avoided, just like that.

I am not oversensitive either, this is a thing of the new generations and I disapprove such a behavior. Why? Because we all offend and get offended in our daily lives, as I said above.

Anyway , we have gone to far from the topic subject, I guess.

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:53 am

Andreas89 wrote:
Pethead wrote:
What are you talking about? The Netherlands didn't even take part in WW1. Only sold weapons to both sides.
Joshua Perahia's website is taking pre-orders for remaster of "Joshua - Intense Defense" - Page 4 Joey-friends-netherlands
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:52 am

Second Wind wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:
Second Wind wrote:

Again...

My point, from the very beginning is to show that there isn't a single bad guy against the saints of this forum (which was the impression I had from the thread). Both sides said things that could be avoided, just like that.

I am not oversensitive either, this is a thing of the new generations and I disapprove such a behavior. Why? Because we all offend and get offended in our daily lives, as I said above.

Yeah I guess I can get really wound up myself from time to time. I'm so used to dealing with woke-ness and the overly-sensitive lecturing day after day. It just gets so tiresome.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:54 am

MagnusPrime wrote:
Second Wind wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:
Second Wind wrote:

Again...

Yeah I guess I can get really wound up myself from time to time. I'm so used to dealing with woke-ness and the overly-sensitive lecturing day after day. It just gets so tiresome.
I’m woke.

Stupid alarm clock.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:23 am

Second Wind wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Calls people who believe in him sons of Satan in John, calls people whitewashed tombs, calls Herod a fox .  Asks rhetorically of the pharisees if they've not read which was sarcasm.
I think you misunderstood the sense of his words by saying it is mockery and sarcasm. 
He exorted people, sometimes through a very direct way, sometimes through analogies and sometimes through parables.
The way he refer to pharisees, in most of the time, He was trying to teach them at the same time they were trying  to see if His saying would go against the law and them they could find a reason to arrest Him.

He never send any of these things pointing His fingers and laughing of the pharisees.
Asking them if they had read is pretty sarcastic, the Pharisees had memorized those books. Calling people sons of the devil is biting. Call it direct then, we were just being direct too. 😆
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:54 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Second Wind wrote:

Asking them if they had read is pretty sarcastic, the Pharisees had memorized those books. Calling people sons of the devil is biting. Call it direct then, we were just being direct too. 😆
They might have memorized but never understood. 

And remember, He used rethoric questions several times to protect Himself from an early condemnation. Many of them were trying to get Him killed all the time.

Anyways, obviously there are some ways of reading and interpret the message.  Still, someday I might hear the message from someone about the sarcasm and Mockery implicit in Jesus message. Untill then, this is still new for me.

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:58 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:
Second Wind wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:
Second Wind wrote:

Again...

To be fair, I don't even think this wokeish thoughts has anything to do with Christianity.
Just my opinion, but I know that are a few christians that are also adept to this doctrine.

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next