The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shout reissue

+5
eatbugs
Kerrick
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
rtz
9 posters

Go down

Shout reissue Empty Shout reissue

Post by rtz Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:55 pm

Anyone getting these? Not sure the remaster is worth it, but interested in the demos
https://girdermusic.com/collections/shout?goal=0_e851d86f41-236de5362b-711725197&mc_cid=236de5362b&mc_eid=0452cbb3f3

rtz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Shout reissue Empty Re: Shout reissue

Post by MikeInFla Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:50 pm

Interesting but I've heard bad things about Girder Music. I've personally never had issues getting product from them but some people have.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:27 pm

I did my own remastering of these and am pretty satisfied with them.  The bonus tracks are just songs that already appear on the albums.  So, I am gonna pass.

I have had issues with getting product from Girder in the past and with getting paid for product.  While they worked out, it took a lot of effort.  If I were to get these, I would wait until another distro was carrying them.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:01 am

Girder and Boone's Overstock are operated by the folks who ran RadRockers, correct?  I've ordered from RadRockers back in the day as well as Boone's and have never had any issues.  Actually, Boone's accidentally sent me the wrong CD - a somewhat rare version too - and promptly sent me the right one while letting me keep the one they sent by accident.  They got two thumbs-up from me for that.  I do recall there being some controversy with RadRockers though not specifically what now...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:20 am

Kerrick wrote:Girder and Boone's Overstock are operated by the folks who ran RadRockers, correct?  I've ordered from RadRockers back in the day as well as Boone's and have never had any issues.  Actually, Boone's accidentally sent me the wrong CD - a somewhat rare version too - and promptly sent me the right one while letting me keep the one they sent by accident.  They got two thumbs-up from me for that.  I do recall there being some controversy with RadRockers though not specifically what now...

I'd never heard that Boone's and RadRockers were related.  Boone's in particular is very good to work with.

I used RadRockers A LOT in the 1990's.  Most of the music I own from that era came from him.  At the time that was the only place to get indie and import CDs.  The controversy is that he eventually got into selling bootlegs.  Mike Roe (77's) also called the business "Rad Robbers" because apparently he never got money from the sales of the 1-2-3 boxed set.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Haugtussen Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:38 am

Love In Your Face! Never really got into It Won´t Be Long

Haugtussen
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:38 am

Boone's Overstock is ran by Matt Hunt of Retroactive Records.  I don't think he ever had anything to do with RadRockers.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:51 am

Before you spend anything there, note that Greg Hayes (the owner of Girder) was also behind Redemption Vinyl.  They were Christian vinyl club that popped up a few years back.  They were to send you monthly shipments of records for a monthly fee.  I know a couple of guys who never received what they were promised and were able to show all correspondence relating to the unfulfilled shipments.  With other things I am learning about Hayes, I won't shop with Girder no matter what they carry.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:05 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Before you spend anything there, note that Greg Hayes (the owner of Girder) was also behind Redemption Vinyl.  They were Christian vinyl club that popped up a few years back.  They were to send you monthly shipments of records for a monthly fee.  I know a couple of guys who never received what they were promised and were able to show all correspondence relating to the unfulfilled shipments.  With other things I am learning about Hayes, I won't shop with Girder no matter what they carry.

I can't speak to your experiences with Greg, but I can say that I have been overwhelmingly happy with each and every purchase from Girder so far.

I have done $120+ in orders and pre-orders with them over the last couple of months.

I have found the product to be shipped quickly, packaged securely, pricing is competitive, excellent shipping rates (free shipping once you hit a certain $ amount), he offers free digital downloads for a lot of the items as soon as your order ships, and you get step by step updates on your order and its delivery.

As for the topic of the Shout reissues...

I got mine and they sound (and look) absolutely fantastic. A big upgrade over the KMG 2-in-1 that I had.

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:14 pm

I’m sure they sound better, but I don’t listen to Shout often enough to justify purchase of a remaster.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:08 am

I was not aware of the 4 track 1986 demo until now.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:57 am

By the way, how is Shout Back? I see they have that one on Boone's Overstock as well and I have never  heard that album.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:45 am

MikeInFla, the original Shout Back 1999 version has 15 songs. The first 8 are rockers I think and the last 7 are more pop, adult contemporary or ballads. The new Girder remaster has 3 bonus tracks:

Man Without Tears
Meet Me in the Middle
Love Me Forever

If you have Where Love Is which I have that CD, those 3 songs is on that album which is also an easy listening/adult contemporary album. One of the songs from the bonus track Man Without Tears is also on the album When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth but I Don't Have that CD.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:26 am

Thanks for the info. I think I will pass, too many ballads.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:29 am

MikeInFla wrote:Thanks for the info. I think I will pass, too many ballads.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of it. I listened to it on Spotify when the pre-order first came out and decided to not do the whole package...just the first 2 Shout cds individually

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down