The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

30 Years Ago Today Pink Floyd Released "A Momentary Lapse Of Reason."

5 posters

Go down

30 Years Ago Today Pink Floyd Released "A Momentary Lapse Of Reason." Empty 30 Years Ago Today Pink Floyd Released "A Momentary Lapse Of Reason."

Post by PlaceOfASkull Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:26 pm

I bought this when it came out and I still think its decent. I was fortunate to see them on this tour.
My mother drove us to the concert and traffic was so bad we decided to get out of the car and walk the rest of the way, it was about 5 blocks.
My friend and I bought tickets the day of the show at the box office. It was sold out and they were still selling tickets for standing room only.
We ended up standing up at the very top of the stadium. It was the highest-grossing tour of the 1980's according to wikipedia.

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

30 Years Ago Today Pink Floyd Released "A Momentary Lapse Of Reason." Empty Re: 30 Years Ago Today Pink Floyd Released "A Momentary Lapse Of Reason."

Post by MikeInFla Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:11 am

I like it too. Was in high school when it came out and loved it. Don't have it anymore as I had it on cassette. It sounds a little dated now and I read where David doesn't like the 80's sounding drums on it. There was talk of releasing a remix of it with the drums redone. I think if they did that it would sound even better. But the idea was shelved. Maybe some day.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

30 Years Ago Today Pink Floyd Released "A Momentary Lapse Of Reason." Empty Re: 30 Years Ago Today Pink Floyd Released "A Momentary Lapse Of Reason."

Post by 11razorwire Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:30 am

I agree, decent album. But many of the critics bombed it.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:34 am

I listened to it non-stop when it came out. I too went to the concert. It was down at the Orange Bowl in Miami. Like a stupid teenager, we went late and got there about half way through the show. We had to park blocks away. I remember running down the street as they played my all time favorite track "One of these days". I was bummed. Most of the concert I spent freaked out after smoking a joint that had been passed around. Took me a while to come down off of that. I will say that the sound was incredible.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:13 pm

Top three PF album for me and I don't mind the 80's sound. It worked for them as it was very clean sounding.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down