The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fleshkiller - Awaken (Ft. members of Extol and The Burial)

+12
Sir Shred A Lot
My Awesome Timothy
ReckonedDead
New Creation
sentient 6
Gorship
Kerrick
Blake
Black Rider
cailen
strangerhoncho
Hardcore Christian
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fleshkiller - Awaken (Ft. members of Extol and The Burial) - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleshkiller - Awaken (Ft. members of Extol and The Burial)

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:57 pm

Got my digital download sitting in my email, gonna jam it a few times tonight, will post my initial thoughts then
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Fleshkiller - Awaken (Ft. members of Extol and The Burial) - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleshkiller - Awaken (Ft. members of Extol and The Burial)

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:48 pm

Just finished the third listen

Gotta say, this is one beautiful album!

The way every song feels so cohesive is cool, the only negative to that is there aren't as many unique standout tracks
As a whole this album is awesome, but other than the 3 singles that I already know, there arent any songs I'm latching onto yet

Overall I am gravitating more towards the second half of the album

And these honestly are some of the most blatant Christian lyrics that I have heard in a long time

These rank up with Mortification and Antestor when it comes to honest straight from the Bible lyrics
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:51 am

I'm definitely gonna buy this record. I just like the songs that I've heard so far. Ole is a true genious and talented guy. At least I can't name another artist who makes both the funky stuff and this kind of death metal. But I think he has managed to do it pretty well.
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:52 am

Got my vinyl today!!! cheers
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorship Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:46 am

Fantastic release. Can't turn it off...which is good because I'm going crazy waiting for the HoF release...

Death therapy and fleshkiller are definitley up there for best of 2017 in my book.
Gorship
Gorship
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by timekeeper Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:16 pm

I'll finally be listening to mine tonight, I hope.  Been looking forward to this one.
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:21 pm

Gorship wrote:Death therapy and fleshkiller are definitley up there for best of 2017 in my book.

Agreed, though I'd add Adorned Graves to that list too!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metalh Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:09 pm

This album is friggin' killer!!! You can really pick out Ole Boruds sound on this album. A lot of it reminds me of Extol.

I don't know why you deny

I, I know the light is burning dim and dying in you
I know the pain that lies within
I feel it too

-Collapsing by Demon Hunter
metalh
metalh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mang67 Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:44 pm

Ordered!
This sounds amazing and the lyrics are solid.
Extol II?
Mang67
Mang67
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2