The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best live Christian metal experience you've had?

+27
Jessrox
arttieTHE1manparty
MikeInFla
Pershing1134
strangerhoncho
ludey7
Superjuice
metaldude
TMLMKE
Driven
Andreas89
jusma
crucifyd
Black Rider
Wigeon
timekeeper
Sir Shred A Lot
d@v!d
New Creation
Markus1987
jaydeecrawson
Dynamis
bigtreads
Hardcore Christian
ImagoDei
exo
Taylor of Darchera
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Best live Christian metal experience you've had?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Best live Christian metal experience you've had?

Post by Black Rider Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:49 pm

Big Brother is watching.  Twisted Evil
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Best live Christian metal experience you've had?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Best live Christian metal experience you've had?

Post by d@v!d Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:04 pm

Black Rider wrote:Big Brother is watching.  Twisted Evil
No doubt. Wink
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:22 pm

d@v!d wrote:
BTW, crazy thing when I wen tot post. It took me to a page to verify that I wasn't a spammer. I couldn't post until I deleted the ticket image.

I got that too, I answered the spammer question and it posted...  scratch
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:37 pm

crucifyd wrote:
d@v!d wrote:
BTW, crazy thing when I wen tot post. It took me to a page to verify that I wasn't a spammer. I couldn't post until I deleted the ticket image.

I got that too, I answered the spammer question and it posted...  scratch
Maybe I missed the question. I didn't see one, just an okay button.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:19 pm

I tried it again, I guess question is the wrong thing to say, it asks you to select a color and then OK to "verify you are human" and then ... basically a bunch of extra clicking.

odd, that is the only image that has happened to me for on this board.
the one I just tried, it did not come up...

scratch scratch scratch
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:12 am

Pretty much the only experience I've had, but Daniel Band and X-Sinner 6 years ago. At that time, I was way deep into the DB and I still enjoy them now. Great time.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:16 pm

^That would be cool, I never got a chance to see either one.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:20 pm

Best live Christian metal experience you've had?  - Page 2 Lust_c11
Best live Christian metal experience you've had?  - Page 2 Bloodg11
Best live Christian metal experience you've had?  - Page 2 Tourni10
Best live Christian metal experience you've had?  - Page 2 Vengea13

Best live Christian metal experience you've had?  - Page 2 Skimas11

Last edited by Wigeon on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TMLMKE Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:05 pm

Stryper THWTD 30th Anniversary tour
TMLMKE
TMLMKE
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:00 am

I was fortunate enough to see Rez, Barren Cross, Vengeance Rising (original lineup), and Sacred Warrior, all in their prime. I've also seen bands like Disciple, Skillet, and Pillar multiple times. I've played shows with Vengeance Rising, The Lead, and Atomic Opera. All these experiences were great. That said, the things that will always stand out in my mind are

1. Standing in a parking lot and talking to Glen Kaiser for about an hour after a show.

2. Seeing Kevin Young, while headed to the stage, sit his guitar down and pray for a friend of mine simply because he asked him to. All while the rest of the band was onstage waiting.

3. Seeing Seventh Day Slumber leave their instruments and forfeit their stage time to pray for people who responded to a testimony about a suicide attempt.

Those were situations where I definitely saw the "Christian" put into Christian Rock.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:54 am

I'm not a huge Disciple fan but hearing Kevin preach on stage is awesome.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:24 pm

Disciple as well (Cornerstone '99).  2010 Disciple concert? Meh, not so much..
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ludey7 Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:39 pm

Bride 1989 cornerstone.  Silence Is Madness was to come out a month later so the show was heavy with Live To Die & Silence material.

1990 cornerstone - saw Believer, Deliverance, the crucified, and Vengeance Rising all in same weekend (with the Cru opening for VR). 

2009 cornerstone saw Stavesacre and The Crucified front row in each on consecutive nights.

1988 saw a band I never heard of called Sacred Warrior open for Whitecross on Hammer & Nail tour.  SW had just released Rebellion & bought it at the show after they played - they were better than WC.

Sat 5 rows in front of Scott Wenzell at a Stryper show in 1989. 

Sat directly in front of Bruce Swift & Tony Velasquez of SW at a Stryper show when they were touring the The Covering. Im positive no one there knew who they were but I got to say thanks for all their music and told them they should be opening that night.

I saw Rex Carroll join Stryper on stage to play To Hell With The Devil and they let him take the solo.  I think this was on the Murder By Pride tour.

ludey7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:12 pm

ludey7 wrote:1990 cornerstone - saw Believer, Deliverance, the crucified, and Vengeance Rising all in same weekend (with the Cru opening for VR).

oh man, was that the Flower of Power show??
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ludey7 Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:06 pm

crucifyd wrote:
ludey7 wrote:1990 cornerstone - saw Believer, Deliverance, the crucified, and Vengeance Rising all in same weekend (with the Cru opening for VR).

It was that show.

ludey7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:25 pm

ludey7 wrote:
crucifyd wrote:

It was that show.

*** jealous ***
I've said a couple times on here that I would give back every show I've seen to see Vengeance during the HS / OD era but wow that line up right there is about as good as it gets in my mind...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:28 am

I saw a few shows in the early '90s but never got to see any of the great ones (the Big Six of xian thrash BCDMT & V).  The ones that stand out as best were those I saw the summer of 2000 when I road-tripped to Cornerstone, TOMfest, and some other festival in Minnesota that I forget the name of.  There were so many, but I'd say the highlights were Extol and Tourniquet in Minnesota, Living Sacrifice and Embodyment at C'Stone (where they let me sit on stage), and Tantrum of the Muse at TOMfest.  With the prize going to Tantrum of the Muse because they were so technical and animated on stage and the sound mix was SO good and clear.  Whoever mixed the main outdoor stage that year at TOMfest definitely did the best job of any live concert sound guy I've ever heard.  Every band sounded amazing.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:59 pm

strangerhoncho wrote: and some other festival in Minnesota that I forget the name of
Sonshine, where Doug Van Pelt eventually created the HM stage and had many a' good band take the stage.  Kids were calling the HM stage the 'heavy metal tent,' which made me giddy since metal wasn't 'in' at the time.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:46 am

crucifyd wrote:have to go with The Crucified...a small hall in Federal Way with about 150 souls...hot and sweaty...huh, this sounds familiar...

Black Rider, it sounds like we were at the same show from your description and location... Yes?

Black Rider wrote:Saw The Crucified in some little hall back in the day with about 150 folk and it was almost 100 degrees out. Covered in sweat, there's and ours.

here is my ticket

Best live Christian metal experience you've had?  - Page 2 R5T2W6Qf+5+LtveecyAae0sc6WgH8KAEIgJwWgMuWrsvObMz26s3ebM0GbdHm7M4u7c8O7dM2bdTGbNb+7NZ+bdiObdmebdp+bQeobdzObd3ebd6m7dUWbc8ObtWGbeH2bAFwkcs+gMz2aq9Gbq8GgJwObueWLuhGhJyWWQFALOrJbOTGae+OKvB+jqZ2EeUuRiZp6mKMbk6dmi2m3qesaOp1PAYXGeIqge9hkVlGymlh3O58SD3yroDncIIAD3AAt04EeAADiAAAOw==

I would also second the King's X / Galactic Cowboys. Saw them in Seattle, I think at Rock Candy, leaning against the stage, getting showered in Doug Pinnick and Ben Huggins spittle...Incredible!

I am jealous of some of you, as I've state before, I would trade it all to have seen Vengeance in the Human Sacrifice era...
I worked security for this show...yeah, patting down a bunch of dudes wearing leather jackets in 100 degree weather was amazing. And working the front of the stage with the pit was equally memorable!
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:32 am

ludey7 wrote:
1990 cornerstone - saw Believer, Deliverance, the crucified, and Vengeance Rising all in same weekend (with the Cru opening for VR). 

You win!
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:01 am

Haven't really been to many Christian shows but I'd have to say Stryper on THWTD tour. Met Tim and Robert at the mall the day of the show! I think I was 16. 

Also saw Whitecross and Sanxion at my high school around 90 or 91. I was already in college but went to see them at my old school. Great show. 3 bands, forgot who the 3rd band was.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:08 am

Pershing1134 wrote:
crucifyd wrote:have to go with The Crucified...a small hall in Federal Way with about 150 souls...hot and sweaty...huh, this sounds familiar...

Black Rider, it sounds like we were at the same show from your description and location... Yes?

Black Rider wrote:Saw The Crucified in some little hall back in the day with about 150 folk and it was almost 100 degrees out. Covered in sweat, there's and ours.

here is my ticket

Best live Christian metal experience you've had?  - Page 2 R5T2W6Qf+5+LtveecyAae0sc6WgH8KAEIgJwWgMuWrsvObMz26s3ebM0GbdHm7M4u7c8O7dM2bdTGbNb+7NZ+bdiObdmebdp+bQeobdzObd3ebd6m7dUWbc8ObtWGbeH2bAFwkcs+gMz2aq9Gbq8GgJwObueWLuhGhJyWWQFALOrJbOTGae+OKvB+jqZ2EeUuRiZp6mKMbk6dmi2m3qesaOp1PAYXGeIqge9hkVlGymlh3O58SD3yroDncIIAD3AAt04EeAADiAAAOw==

I would also second the King's X / Galactic Cowboys. Saw them in Seattle, I think at Rock Candy, leaning against the stage, getting showered in Doug Pinnick and Ben Huggins spittle...Incredible!

I am jealous of some of you, as I've state before, I would trade it all to have seen Vengeance in the Human Sacrifice era...
I worked security for this show...yeah, patting down a bunch of dudes wearing leather jackets in 100 degree weather was amazing. And working the front of the stage with the pit was equally memorable!

so we may have "met" before and here we are 25 years later

quite memorable, great show...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:48 pm

crucifyd wrote:

So, that was kind of what I was asking you about more than the mystery of the spam ticket image.

I went on a Northwest tour in the summer of 92 with Martyr, Rocks in Pink Cement, and Hold True. We played with Empty Tomb a few times.

I also played in another band La Paz, at Tomfest, I think 94.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:05 pm

d@v!d wrote:
crucifyd wrote:

So, that was kind of what I was asking you about more than the mystery of the spam ticket image.

I went on a Northwest tour in the summer of 92 with Martyr, Rocks in Pink Cement, and Hold True. We played with Empty Tomb a few times.

yeah sorry about that, I think I thought of that later...sometimes I'm a little slow

so, what band were you in on the 92 Northwest tour? was the Cru show one of the ones you played?

I've never seen any of those other bands that I recall and never went to Tomfest. As was discussed on one of these boards I would be the shy guy on the side basically trying not to be noticed so I wouldn't have stood out. I would have had mid to waist length hair, mullet style -- UGH!, probably a moustache -- UGH! again, and the aviator glasses from the time...maybe I could post a pic ... then again you might not want me to...  ; )
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:22 pm

crucifyd wrote:
d@v!d wrote:
crucifyd wrote:

yeah sorry about that, I think I thought of that later...sometimes I'm a little slow

so, what band were you in on the 92 Northwest tour? was the Cru show one of the ones you played?

I've never seen any of those other bands that I recall and never went to Tomfest. As was discussed on one of these boards I would be the shy guy on the side basically trying not to be noticed so I wouldn't have stood out. I would have had mid to waist length hair, mullet style -- UGH!, probably a moustache -- UGH! again, and the aviator glasses from the time...maybe I could post a pic ... then again you might not want me to...  ; )
Rocks in Pink Cement and La Paz. We never played with Cru up there. It was always us 3 or with Empty Tomb and maybe another band whose name I don't remember. I'm pretty sure we played in Federal Way. There was also some really wonky metal band we played with in Northern Washington. I don't remember the name. The lyrics to one of their songs became a byline during the rest of the tour. I always felt conflicted because they were the very nicest people ever, but their band and music were awful.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next