The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHRISTIAN Movies That Aren't Really Christian Movies

+12
KaramKaram
Staybrite
TZ75
oldschooldoom
WildWorld
Kerrick
eatbugs
MikeInFla
Hardcore Christian
deathisgain
New Creation
alldatndensum
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CHRISTIAN Movies That Aren't Really Christian Movies - Page 2 Empty Re: CHRISTIAN Movies That Aren't Really Christian Movies

Post by Constantine Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:48 am

Superjuice wrote:However, the movie that has a legitimate Christian interpretation is actually Pulp Fiction.  Jules is saved by a miracle and intends to turn his life around embracing the reality of the Almighty.
 CHRISTIAN Movies That Aren't Really Christian Movies - Page 2 1f632 Talk about a movie from the devil....I don't see anything redeemable about this movie, much less "Christian" about it.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down

CHRISTIAN Movies That Aren't Really Christian Movies - Page 2 Empty Re: CHRISTIAN Movies That Aren't Really Christian Movies

Post by Superjuice Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:08 pm

Constantine wrote:
Superjuice wrote:However, the movie that has a legitimate Christian interpretation is actually Pulp Fiction.  Jules is saved by a miracle and intends to turn his life around embracing the reality of the Almighty.
 CHRISTIAN Movies That Aren't Really Christian Movies - Page 2 1f632 Talk about a movie from the devil....I don't see anything redeemable about this movie, much less "Christian" about it.
Oh, I know, the content is awful and rapes the mind, but the over-arching theme of redemption in the Jules character is undeniable.  Had he not changed, he would have blown everybody away at the restaurant at the end.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:01 am

Hmmm...in that case I might watch the super popular Pulp Fiction
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:49 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:Hmmm...in that case I might watch the super popular Pulp Fiction
Try to find an edited version like on TNT or something.  You have been warned.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

oldschooldoom and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:58 pm

deathisgain wrote:Lord of the Rings isn't overtly Christian, but it was written by a Christian (Tolkien led C.S. Lewis to Christ). Tolkien didn't like Lewis' blatant Christian imagery used in the Chronicles. I love both series and can see a lot of the Christian influences in Tolkien's literature. The Hobbit to me is a great story that parallels how Christians can become complacent in our walk and desire to live a comfortable life, but if we are willing, God can use us to do great things.

Tolkien being Catholic, imagine him being able to write great Christian literature??? 😃
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:59 pm

I wish there was a company that made clean edited versions of shows/movies that got rid of evey last word/image that had zero point zero % to do with the plot or story line.

(Game of Thrones!!!)
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:03 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:I wish there was a company that made clean edited versions of shows/movies that got rid of evey last word/image that had zero point zero % to do with the plot or story line.

(Game of Thrones!!!)

At least that being based off of a book series means you can just read the series and skip past the unsavory stuff. Of course, the book series STILL isnt finished (it's considered the Duke Nukem Forever/Chinese Democracy of the literary world).

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:22 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:I wish there was a company that made clean edited versions of shows/movies that got rid of evey last word/image that had zero point zero % to do with the plot or story line.

(Game of Thrones!!!)
There is, but I don't remember the name of it.  pure something.  I think it was sued for changing the artists original vision or w/e.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

oldschooldoom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:52 pm

I caught a bit of Spiderman 3 the other day as I had never seen it before.  I recognized quite a few parallels to scripture that was quite shocking.  First, if there was ever an analogy to demonic possession it is the character/suit of Venom that attaches itself to Peter.  He completely overtakes Parker persona and changes his attitude for the worst tempting him to do evil.  Parker has to fight for the actions of his own soul and eventually is delivered from the "spirit of Venom" by the ringing of the church bell!  Nice.

The other Biblical theme touched upon is one of selfless sacrifice as Spiderman is saved by the sacrifice of Harry Osborn (ironically played by super creep and satanist James Franco).  Peter is saved by the blood of his once enemy as we were once enemies of God (Romans 5:10). And pays the price for Peter's sins during his stint as Venom's slave and possession of his soul.  As we were once slaves to sin and under the enemy's influence (2 Corinthians 4:4). Sam Raimi is not a Christian but somehow these messages worked their way into the film.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2