The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Letter Black NEW RECORD

+3
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Hardcore Christian
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Letter Black NEW RECORD - Page 2 Empty Re: The Letter Black NEW RECORD

Post by Staybrite Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:07 pm

Good news!
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:15 pm

The Kickstarter finished!

They raised almost 10k extra, they said they would put toward two music videos and a new photoshoot, they only needed another 500 or so, to release a song instantly

but we didnt make it that far Surprised
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:12 am

If you didnt see it all ready they posted their first full song

It is pre-production though

https://www.facebook.com/theletterblack/videos/10154339189958004/
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:16 am

The album is temporarily on hold.  The husband/wife duo that is the core of the band just had their new baby.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:19 pm

alldatndensum wrote:The album is temporarily on hold.  The husband/wife duo that is the core of the band just had their new baby.

That is a very good reason to take a break....not that they will get much rest with a new baby.  Very Happy
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:41 pm

I honestly don't remember if I contributed to this one or not. I crowd fund so many releases I can't always remember.

I DO remember funding the Bloodgood DVD that is now about 3 years in the making, however... Frustrating right there...

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:17 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:I honestly don't remember if I contributed to this one or not.  I crowd fund so many releases I can't always remember.

I DO remember funding the Bloodgood DVD that is now about 3 years in the making, however...  Frustrating right there...

Arttie

Reminds me of the Guardian album.  I just hope you like the DVD better than I did that album!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:44 pm

Just updated this thread (changed title, photo, and OP)

The reason being is them signing onto the EMP Label
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:34 am

Of course, The Letter Black signed with a label after they did their Kickstarter.  I am surprised, though, with the number of bands signed to a label that have to do fundraising to record.  The labels are not willing to spend a dime on a lot of artists and expect to rake in the profits.  Outside of possible radio play, what is the benefit of being on a label anymore?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by ImagoDei Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:27 am

^Probably hook you up with tour dates and festivals that you might not otherwise have a shot at, which means hopefully a better income off the band. I'm sure it's happened, but I've never seen an unsigned act open for a big name or at some place like Rock on the Range.

I'm pretty interested in this new album, saw them live a couple of years ago and they were very good.

ImagoDei
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:59 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Of course, The Letter Black signed with a label after they did their Kickstarter.  I am surprised, though, with the number of bands signed to a label that have to do fundraising to record.  The labels are not willing to spend a dime on a lot of artists and expect to rake in the profits.  Outside of possible radio play, what is the benefit of being on a label anymore?

ImagoDei wrote:^Probably hook you up with tour dates and festivals that you might not otherwise have a shot at, which means hopefully a better income off the band. I'm sure it's happened, but I've never seen an unsigned act open for a big name or at some place like Rock on the Range.

I'm pretty interested in this new album, saw them live a couple of years ago and they were very good.

Just the same as Disciple signed with Tooth and Nail

Doesnt bother me at all, ya gotta have some way to get copies of the album and the word of new music out there
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:58 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:Of course, The Letter Black signed with a label after they did their Kickstarter.  I am surprised, though, with the number of bands signed to a label that have to do fundraising to record.  The labels are not willing to spend a dime on a lot of artists and expect to rake in the profits.  Outside of possible radio play, what is the benefit of being on a label anymore?

ImagoDei wrote:^Probably hook you up with tour dates and festivals that you might not otherwise have a shot at, which means hopefully a better income off the band. I'm sure it's happened, but I've never seen an unsigned act open for a big name or at some place like Rock on the Range.

Just the same as Disciple signed with Tooth and Nail

Doesnt bother me at all, ya gotta have some way to get copies of the album and the word of new music out there

I think that Disciple only signed on with T&N for distribution.  I think they have retained their indie status and are signed for merely having their product in stores.  I could be wrong about that.

If the artists are happy with it, I don't have a problem with it.  I just don't see the benefit of raising the money yourself and doing the album and the label having little invested in you.  To me, that screams that they don't believe in you or your music.  I get not having a label and signing later if you choose to.  But, what I am saying I don't understand is someone being already signed to a label and having to fund raise just to get to do another album.  If you are already signed, then the label should be investing in you and your product (recording).  If they can't or won't, then they don't believe you really have what it takes to be a success--to me.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by ImagoDei Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:09 pm

^ I think I see what you're saying and it makes sense. How I think it should work is the label funds your recording and reaps the money from album sales, then the band makes money from touring and royalties. I wonder how much the digital age and streaming has impacted the first part of that equation.

ImagoDei
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:25 am

ImagoDei wrote:^ I think I see what you're saying and it makes sense. How I think it should work is the label funds your recording and reaps the money from album sales, then the band makes money from touring and royalties. I wonder how much the digital age and streaming has impacted the first part of that equation.

Streaming has seriously impacted the industry.  The labels sued their way in but haven't been able to win lawsuits to get the same royalties from it you do through radio and tv.  So, the amount of money coming in is smaller.  Bands now have to give up large hunks of money made from shows and merch that used to be theirs.  That is why you are seeing even up and coming acts charging $200 for a show.  I am old school enough that I say that there isn't anyone worth paying that much to see.

Labels used to make their money mostly off of album sales after recouping money investing in recording and promotions.  Artists can fuss about that, but it is what they signed on to.  Many feel they didn't get paid for their work.  While their were some dishonest deals, many bands did not have the sales needed to recoup those moneys.  Of course, you won't get paid.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri May 26, 2017 3:27 pm

Really loving this after a few listens!

The first 6 tracks are incredibly strong! On the second half, a favorite I have found is I Am

Hoping the second half grows on me! So far pretty impressed!

I like the sound, one thing I noticed is that the only thing that makes this "metal" is Sarah's added growl vocals

Other than that, instrument wise, a really consistent hard rock sound

One thing that is lacking is Mark's vocals are almost non-existent

I have to say that the best part of this is Sarah's vocal performance, not many female singers can do what she does on this record.

(One other minor thing that I found annoying, is that the two "bonus tracks", for backers, are just radio-ish versions of two songs already on the album, I was hoping there would be some epic attempt at metalcore or something Smile)

Last edited by Hardcore Christian on Sat May 27, 2017 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Fri May 26, 2017 5:25 pm

Will probably pick this up at some point.  The first two albums were pretty decent.  Nothing overly special, but pleasant to listen to now and then.  I'm curious to see if they've improved.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri May 26, 2017 6:58 pm

Verbum Lux wrote:Will probably pick this up at some point.  The first two albums were pretty decent.  Nothing overly special, but pleasant to listen to now and then.  I'm curious to see if they've improved.
Well if get a whole lot heavier is an improvement, then they have

She sings a few songs, but the majority of the verses are growls, still clean choruses

Loving it a whole lot more than their previous albums!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat May 27, 2017 8:03 am

I have downloaded mine but haven't listened to it yet.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon May 29, 2017 9:30 am

Hoping the second half grows on me! So far pretty impressed!

I like the sound, one thing I noticed is that the only thing that makes this "metal" is Sarah's added growl vocals

Other than that, instrument wise, a really consistent hard rock sound

One thing that is lacking is Mark's vocals are almost non-existent

I have to say that the best part of this is Sarah's vocal performance, not many female singers can do what she does on this record.

I will agree with most of this.  This isn't a heavier album musically at all.  It is pretty much the same as their previous albums.  The only thing more "metal" is the increased amount of Sarah's hardcore vocals.  For me, this is more of a detractor than a positive as she has a great singing voice.

There are still few guitar solos.  A metal record needs guitar solos.

On first listen, it is an okay album.  I hope it will grow on me.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2