The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saint back with Josh Kramer?

+13
mr.electric40
oldschooldoom
bigtreads
Pershing1134
SpaceGuy
cailen
Black Rider
Soldier777
messiaen77
alldatndensum
crucifyd
MikeInFla
My Awesome Timothy
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Saint back with Josh Kramer? Empty Saint back with Josh Kramer?

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:16 pm

Their latest Facebook post about the vinyl release of Hell Blade has a back and forth with a fan about a new album.

"Saint The next album will have Jerry Johnson Matt Smith Jared Knowland Richard Lynch and Josh Kramer. It will be more Saint like."

"Saint late 17- early 18"

So glad they still exist! Really become a fan over the last 6-7yrs. I love all their new material just as much or more than the old!

Back to top Go down

Saint back with Josh Kramer? Empty Re: Saint back with Josh Kramer?

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:18 pm

That is AWESOME news, no disrespect to the vocalist on the last record which was very good but Josh Kramer in my opinion is in my top 3 Christian Metal vocalists.  I don't think Saint have put out a bad record so really excited about this!!!

Last edited by My Awesome Timothy on Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Error!!!)
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:58 pm

Oh wow, this would be awesome!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:04 pm

My Awesome Timothy wrote: I don't think Saint have put out a bad record so really excited about this!!!

Ahem...have you heard "The Perfect Life"?  if ever a bad record they put out, that be it...

don't misunderstand, I LOVE saint...  : )
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:50 pm

crucifyd wrote:
My Awesome Timothy wrote: I don't think Saint have put out a bad record so really excited about this!!!

Ahem...have you heard "The Perfect Life"?  if ever a bad record they put out, that be it...

I do have that one, forgot about that one!!!  Haven't listened to it for years, will give it a spin later to remind me how good/bad that EP was!!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:13 pm

Saint with or without Josh is fine by me.  I liked the new singer myself.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:30 am

I did too, but it will be good to have Josh back.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:51 am

It's great to hear that Josh is back  His voice is killer, especially on Time's End and Too Late For Living.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:23 pm

Good news, Josh is the voice of Saint.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:13 pm

Can´t wait for some apocalyptic metal from Saint!!!
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:31 am

crucifyd wrote:

It's not perfect but has some really good songs on this, enjoyed listening to this today!!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:48 pm

I am still hoping that they will redo the song "The Runner" from "The Perfect Life".  That was an awesome song ruined by a drum machine.  I'd like to hear what the whole band can do with it.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:48 am

alldatndensum wrote:I am still hoping that they will redo the song "The Runner" from "The Perfect Life".  That was an awesome song ruined by a drum machine.  I'd like to hear what the whole band can do with it.

Would love it if they rerecorded all the songs......
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:56 am

MK58 wrote:Their latest Facebook post about the vinyl release of Hell Blade has a back and forth with a fan about a new album.

"Saint The next album will have Jerry Johnson Matt Smith Jared Knowland Richard Lynch and Josh Kramer. It will be more Saint like."

"Saint late 17- early 18"

So glad they still exist! Really become a fan over the last 6-7yrs. I love all their new material just as much or more than the old!
This is great news. I enjoyed the last album, the singer did a great job and etc, but Josh Kramer is Josh Kramer. Awesome singer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:58 am

My Awesome Timothy wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:I am still hoping that they will redo the song "The Runner" from "The Perfect Life".  That was an awesome song ruined by a drum machine.  I'd like to hear what the whole band can do with it.

Would love it if they rerecorded all the songs......
So would I. I liked the version of the song To Live Forever on Desperate Night album.

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceGuy Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:57 am

I wonder if that means that Josh is back in Oregon? My understanding was that he left due to a work obligation in California. He's a property manager if memory serves me correct? 

I liked the new vocalist, but the songs were just so different from what Saint normally does with its NWOBHM sound... That, and the newest album was WAY too short.. Full price for what really was EP-like length.

SpaceGuy
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:47 pm

Nine songs is an EP?  EPs are generally 5 songs or less.  Saint's first two albums only did 9 songs.  Dio did a few 9 song albums as well.  I am pretty sure that 9 songs and above is considered a full length release.

I could have stood a couple more tracks myself.  However, I didn't feel that the last album was an EP.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceGuy Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:07 pm

Unless I am thinking wrong, the entire album was roughly 31 minutes long, which is quite close to an EP's length (which averages around 25 minutes). Most songs are 3min in length, so its one of the shortest albums that Saint put out other than The Perfect Life, which is obviously an EP (if that).

SpaceGuy
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:25 pm

Broad Is The Gate was 40 seconds shorter than Too Late For Living. Both have 8 songs and 1 instrumental. Yes. I would have loved more songs too but it didn't bother me. 

I honestly didn't hear much difference between Broad is the Gate and the rest of their catalog. I didn't have to "get used to it," I loved it the second I heard it. The fact that they had a different vocalist and it still turned out amazing cemented this band even further in my mind. Who switches vocalists for the first time after 30yrs and doesn't miss a beat? I was encouraged about the future of the band. Then things kind of went silent.

So, for me, I posted this thread a little more because I was glad the band still existed. Having Josh back was a further surprise. No offense to any diehard classic Saint fans but I wouldn't have cared if Josh came back. He's the voice of Saint. I'm glad he's back but I absolutely loved Brian's vocals. Josh certainly doesn't have the range he had in the past anyway and I thought Brian added some vigor back into some of the vocal tracks. Songs like Who You Are and We All Stand were amazing in part because of the vocals. The guy had it.

All said, in the end I just wanted new Saint material.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:21 pm

Excited to think of new Saint tunes!
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:56 am

MK58 wrote:Broad Is The Gate was 40 seconds shorter than Too Late For Living. Both have 8 songs and 1 instrumental. Yes. I would have loved more songs too but it didn't bother me. 

I honestly didn't hear much difference between Broad is the Gate and the rest of their catalog. I didn't have to "get used to it," I loved it the second I heard it. The fact that they had a different vocalist and it still turned out amazing cemented this band even further in my mind. Who switches vocalists for the first time after 30yrs and doesn't miss a beat? I was encouraged about the future of the band. Then things kind of went silent.

So, for me, I posted this thread a little more because I was glad the band still existed. Having Josh back was a further surprise. No offense to any diehard classic Saint fans but I wouldn't have cared if Josh came back. He's the voice of Saint. I'm glad he's back but I absolutely loved Brian's vocals. Josh certainly doesn't have the range he had in the past anyway and I thought Brian added some vigor back into some of the vocal tracks. Songs like Who You Are and We All Stand were amazing in part because of the vocals. The guy had it.

All said, in the end I just wanted new Saint material.
I actually prefer a short album than a longer album with skip buttons. So, the running time is not as important to me as it used to be in the past.

Regarding the song We All Stand, I agree with you. Great vocal work, though I still prefer Josh's voice, no matter if he can't sing as high as he used to in the 80's.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:30 am

I wonder if that means that Josh is back in Oregon? My understanding was that he left due to a work obligation in California. He's a property manager if memory serves me correct?
Being in California isn't really a problem if they have decent ways to record.  I've played on albums by Liberty N' Justice and on a thrash album by Incarnate and never set foot in their studios.  They sent tracks and I did my stuff here at home and emailed the track back.  On my last Mission Of One CD, I had several guitar guests (JD Evans of Letter 7, Kevin Hasselquiest of Sardis, Pastor Brand, etc.) do solos for me.  I have never met any of them face to face and they all contributed to the album.  With the digital age, bands can create music and not even live in the same state.  Its great!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceGuy Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:21 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Being in California isn't really a problem if they have decent ways to record.  I've played on albums by Liberty N' Justice and on a thrash album by Incarnate and never set foot in their studios.  They sent tracks and I did my stuff here at home and emailed the track back.  On my last Mission Of One CD, I had several guitar guests (JD Evans of Letter 7, Kevin Hasselquiest of Sardis, Pastor Brand, etc.) do solos for me.  I have never met any of them face to face and they all contributed to the album.  With the digital age, bands can create music and not even live in the same state.  Its great!

I recognize that a band doesn't need to be in the same state to record. However, I remember Mr. Lynch posting on this forum years ago when Josh left, stating it was a reason of why he wasn't any longer with the band in a permanent capacity. That was why I assumed something about his location may of changed.

SpaceGuy
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtreads Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:45 am

this is good news for sure
bigtreads
bigtreads
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:25 pm

Well, we can record without having all the guys in the same region, the main example is the last Deliverance album in which Jayson Sherlock played Drums from Australia without having to go to the USA.

But I see that it doesn't work for some bands somehow. Or maybe Rich wishes to have all members close to rehearsal and live shows.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next