The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to find Martyrdom Records's CD's?

+2
Bill Roxx
jeffcorpse
6 posters

Go down

How to find Martyrdom Records's CD's? Empty How to find Martyrdom Records's CD's?

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:03 am

Hello brothers,

Me and some friends are interested to find some Martyrdom Records productions as Corpse, Hating Evil...but as you know, it's not sure at all to buy through them...

Do you know where we can buy their reeditions? We see Vision Of God is selling some of them, is it a safe label? Do you know others labels who sell their stuff?

Thanks for your help  Smile

Back to top Go down

How to find Martyrdom Records's CD's? Empty Re: How to find Martyrdom Records's CD's?

Post by jeffcorpse Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:33 pm

Michael James Quilantan, who owned Martyrdom, is on Facebook and has some he wants to liquidate if you want to contact him via Facebook. Unfortunately, Corpse does not have anymore merchandise ourselves. Hopefully that changes next CD! Talking to a bigger label.
I believe Vision of God is legit.
jeffcorpse
jeffcorpse
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

How to find Martyrdom Records's CD's? Empty Re: How to find Martyrdom Records's CD's?

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:51 pm

Ok thanks, but he is sometimes a rip off... is it ok now?

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffcorpse Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:30 pm

I'm not sure what to say Sad. he treated Corpse okay, just slow getting stuff. Some people don't have any problems, some seem to.
jeffcorpse
jeffcorpse
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Roxx Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:54 pm

We have some left at christianmetaldistro.com also
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.roxxproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:26 pm

Vision Of God Records is definitely legit.  Martyrdom (from all that I have heard - I have no direct experience) is not trustworthy and I would be very careful in dealing with him.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:13 am

Martyrdom Records

I'm putting this out just to corroborate what I have read/seen elsewhere and so you have more information to go on.

I am disappointed to be sure but I am not angry. Please do not take it as such and if you are in the same situation don't be angry but rather, let's pray for Michael.

I got the Corpse CDs from Michael @ Martyrdom late 2015. When I first contacted him about it he gave immediate, friendly answers to emails, quick responses resolving any issues, etc.

A few months later I ordered some other discs from him and got all but one. That package came with Sky Burns Black stickers all over it so I asked him why and he said "SBBR bought the majority of my final stock off of me". I also inquired about the missing CD and he replied "I'm not going to burn you for what I owe you." Finally, I asked him about the Hating Evil LP that was in the works and about a month later he acknowledged that it was not going to happen. I then let him know that I had put down $5 on Hating Evil, looking for a refund, and asked about the missing CD again to which he has never replied. This all occurred in several emails over about a 5 week period.

Michael did cite a health issue of some kind going on but did not state what it was, so maybe that is the reason for all this. IDK. Again, please don't take this as angry public thrashing. It is not, rather it is just my story.

Vision Of God Records

Duane @ Vision Of God Records is great to deal with and takes care of you. I have ordered from him many times, he deals with any issues, no problems...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:08 pm

Duane at Vision of God is the best. That's who the newest Orationem album will be through. If I play my cards right, that will be this month.

As an artist, I've had 2 bad (Ankou Awaits - Lebor Gabala Erenn, Ankou Awaits - Oberour Ar Maro), 1 good (GRIM - Vespers) experiences with Mike Quilantan. Going bad, good, bad in that order.

crucifyd wrote:Michael did cite a health issue of some kind going on but did not state what it was, so maybe that is the reason for all this. IDK.

The excuse I got for the first fail was that he broke up with Raquel. The second fail, because he was homeless and trying to find a place for his kids. Regardless of the excuse, I've seen enough even outside my experience, that if you get one (an excuse) you will never get what you're owed. Period.

Martyrdom Records is also listed as one of the "known ripoffs" in the Metal Archives. I wouldn't even proceed with caution. Only proceed if you feel like throwing money and time away.
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=109391
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:47 pm

Bill Roxx wrote:We have some left at christianmetaldistro.com also

If Bill has titles you want in stock this is a great way to go.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:03 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
crucifyd wrote:Michael did cite a health issue of some kind going on but did not state what it was, so maybe that is the reason for all this. IDK.

The excuse I got for the first fail was that he broke up with Raquel.  The second fail, because he was homeless and trying to find a place for his kids.  Regardless of the excuse, I've seen enough even outside my experience, that if you get one (an excuse) you will never get what you're owed.  Period.

i wasn't clear here. I didn't mean that he explicitly said it was a reason or excuse. sorry for the confusion
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:30 am

I know you didn't call what he told you "an excuse".
I'm calling it that. Very Happy
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:15 am

OK, cool...

after reading it again after reading your comment it sounded like it could have been taken that way because I used the word "cite".
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:56 pm

I had positive experiences with Michael but can understand and have heard all sides of it. I tried communicating with him and he responded a number of times. That obviously hasn't been the case for many. One of the last things I went through with Martyrdom was that he fulfilled my Corpse Cd and shirt order though he'd been off the radar for a few months. I haven't seen the Corpse CD anywhere since. Glad I got a copy. I wish he could keep things together and could keep a fair deal going for all the bands he dealt with. I really enjoyed the releases. It's a shame that it was a bad experience for many. 

Thankfully Vision of God is amazing and has greatly picked up the slack on bringing some outstanding, otherwise unknown and unobtainable albums and bands to light.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:19 am

Ok thanks for your answers.

I understand he can have difficulties, but when it happens he should add an explanation on his websites and/or stop to sell during this period. It's not great when you buy something to receive it one time out of two or one time out of three.

I've tried VOG for one Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down