The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

35 years ago today The Police released "Ghost in the Machine."

4 posters

Go down

35 years ago today The Police released "Ghost in the Machine." Empty 35 years ago today The Police released "Ghost in the Machine."

Post by PlaceOfASkull Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:16 am

Ghost in the Machine is the fourth studio album by English rock band The Police. The album was originally released on 2 October 1981 by A&M. The songs were recorded between January and September 1981 during sessions that took place at AIR Studios in Montserrat and Le Studio in Quebec, assisted by record producer Hugh Padgham.
The album reached No. 1 in the UK Albums Chart and No. 2 in the U.S. Billboard 200. The band released three successful singles from the album: "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic", "Invisible Sun", and "Spirits in the Material World". However the song "Secret Journey" was released as a single in the U.S. in place of "Invisible Sun". The album went multi-platinum in the U.S. It was listed at No. 323 in the Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.
Read the rest of if it here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Machine_(album)

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

35 years ago today The Police released "Ghost in the Machine." Empty Re: 35 years ago today The Police released "Ghost in the Machine."

Post by xMetalMarkx Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:59 pm

Awesome.  I enjoy this album a lot.  The Police is one of my all-time favorite bands and IMHO their material became progressively better through all 5 albums.  I thought "Don't Stand So Close to Me '86" was a complete mess, though, so I'm glad they went out before a 6th album. Can't Stand Losing You:  Surviving the Police is a worthwhile documentary of the band based on Andy Summers' memoir.
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

35 years ago today The Police released "Ghost in the Machine." Empty Re: 35 years ago today The Police released "Ghost in the Machine."

Post by Guitar Noir Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:57 am

My favorite album by the Police.
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://shadesofnoirsite.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:13 pm

Ok, i'm old.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down