The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There are no words to describe this Christian pop video

4 posters

Go down

There are no words to describe this Christian pop video Empty There are no words to describe this Christian pop video

Post by New Creation Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:16 am

I've seen the bad music video threads and this one might just top all of them.

https://www.facebook.com/debi.selby/videos/vb.1210098465/1051089596718/?type=2&theater
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

There are no words to describe this Christian pop video Empty Re: There are no words to describe this Christian pop video

Post by d@v!d Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:26 am

New Creation wrote:I've seen the bad music video threads and this one might just top all of them.

https://www.facebook.com/debi.selby/videos/vb.1210098465/1051089596718/?type=2&theater
There are words. Un-Christian.

This is what happens when you don't let kids have after-school satan as they'd be better off with such than under the influence of this cultic psuedo-Christianity garbage.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

There are no words to describe this Christian pop video Empty Re: There are no words to describe this Christian pop video

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Come on guys. Its talented stuff. Not my genre of music or style either, but its clear they know what they're doing.

As far as the lyrics, what's wrong with the song David?

I can't understand what they're saying for two reasons. One, I'm practically deaf and can't hear a lot of things. Two, since I'm very hard of hearing, I can better decipher words in songs if they're gutteral (black/death metal) than when they're soft. Singing I catch the tone/melody, but miss a lot of what they're actually saying...
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:20 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:Come on guys.  Its talented stuff.  Not my genre of music or style either, but its clear they know what they're doing.

As far as the lyrics, what's wrong with the song David?

I can't understand what they're saying for two reasons.  One, I'm practically deaf and can't hear a lot of things.  Two, since I'm very hard of hearing, I can better decipher words in songs if they're gutteral (black/death metal) than when they're soft.  Singing I catch the tone/melody, but miss a lot of what they're actually saying...
Actually, I like the harmonies on the refrains, but the song is flawed. Most of the lyrics seem good and then there's this "The new mind is the key to the Christ in me." It's subtle, but revealing. This is a bunch of new age higher power nonsense garbed in Christian wrappings. That and when you know what their church teaches in regards to Who Christ is, it's time to run away from that cult and not because of the bad choreography.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:53 pm

Lyrics aside, now I finally understand the response of some fellow Christians when they learn that I like Heavy Metal music. It makes them want to vomit ... which is what I almost did watching this video. Music preferences are very personal things.

EDIT: Nice dance moves. Get down with your bad self!
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:17 am

Wait, so just from "The new mind is the key to the Christ in me.", you can tell this is hidden new age BS?

Would it make this not a hidden danger if they would have left out the second "the"?
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:36 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:Wait, so just from "The new mind is the key to the Christ in me.", you can tell this is hidden new age BS?

Would it make this not a hidden danger if they would have left out the second "the"?
Correct. The 2nd 'the' is the red flag.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:48 pm

d@v!d wrote:
ThomasEversole wrote:Wait, so just from "The new mind is the key to the Christ in me.", you can tell this is hidden new age BS?

After posting this video, I learned that the singers are part of "The Way International", which many in the Body of Christ agree is a cult.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:00 pm

New Creation wrote:
d@v!d wrote:

After posting this video, I learned that the singers are part of "The Way International", which many in the Body of Christ agree is a cult.
Bingo!

'Cult', you know, like as in denying the deity of Christ...
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down