The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANGELICA - Without Words

+10
Soldier777
Ammocas
Markus1987
Black Rider
alldatndensum
grandeped
strype53
eatbugs
Follower of Jesus
heck
14 posters

Go down

ANGELICA - Without Words Empty ANGELICA - Without Words

Post by heck Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:34 pm

Got this CD and it is fantastic. It’s not just shredding. Dennis has written real songs with themes, emotions, repeated melodies, and their own identity. And yes, no lyrics.

But it’s not completely “without words”. If you open up the CD sleeve each song offers a meaty section of scripture that served as musical inspiration. In fact, baaed on the chosen scriptures, what we got here is the soundtrack to the apocalypse! Everytime I hear it I cant help but put words to the songs.

Highly recommended.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

ANGELICA - Without Words Empty Re: ANGELICA - Without Words

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:52 am

I'm interested, but not in a physical CD. It's incredibly frustrating that in 2019 albums are still released only to physical copies and not as a purchasable download. I won't go find it online and steal it, but I have no interest in adding another CD to my already-too-large collection. So I just miss out.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:40 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:I'm interested, but not in a physical CD. It's incredibly frustrating that in 2019 albums are still released only to physical copies and not as a purchasable download. I won't go find it online and steal it, but I have no interest in adding another CD to my already-too-large collection. So I just miss out.

I'm exactly the opposite.  I think it's incredibly frustrating when only downloads are offered and no CDs!  Forget vinyl!  I'm a CD guy.  I'll go down with that ship.  I still believe it's the superior way to listen to music.  If there are only downloads available, no matter how good the music is, I will choose to miss out every time.

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:24 pm

Personally, I'm with Nada 100%.  I buy CDs and only CDs.  That said, I do see the value of digital (less so vinyl), and if a band or label can make money on any format they should do it.  What I don't like is exclusive music, whether it's a whole album like this or even just a song or two.  Fans shouldn't be left out of good music, whether it's me and Nada because it isn't released physically, FoJ for not having it released digitally, or any fan who buys a format then it's released on another format with bonus material (this means you Biogenesis).

As it is, money is a little short right now, but I will pick this up at some point.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strype53 Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:22 pm

I received this in the mail.. I like Angelica’s music, but was not sure if I would like it with no singer. I have been surprised with how good it is!!
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by grandeped Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:17 pm

No fan is "left out" of music if they just choose not to buy a certain format. I get music in whatever format it is available in. If you refuse to buy something just because of the format it comes in, that is just vain posturing that ultimately only matters to you (and possibly takes money away from artists that already get so little).

Remember, if you have the money to buy the music and choose not to just because of the format it is in - that is YOUR choice to leave yourself out, not the band's choice.

I liked the new Angelica album, even though I wasn't sure about the all instrumental angle. Also some nice touches of industrial in there to accentuate the programmed drums. I still would love to see an Angelica album with a monster drummer like Robert Sweet on all songs, but that is just me probably.

grandeped
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:30 am

grandeped wrote:No fan is "left out" of music if they just choose not to buy a certain format. I get music in whatever format it is available in. If you refuse to buy something just because of the format it comes in, that is just vain posturing that ultimately only matters to you (and possibly takes money away from artists that already get so little).

Remember, if you have the money to buy the music and choose not to just because of the format it is in - that is YOUR choice to leave yourself out, not the band's choice.

Frankly, that's a pretty arrogant position to take. So, if it was only offered on cassette, you'd feel the same way? You may say 'yes', but I don't believe that. CDs aren't quite as outdated as cassettes, but almost.

First, digital downloads are always cheaper than CDs, so it costs a consumer less. Second, not everyone has the ability store endless numbers of CDs. Third, CD players are quickly disappearing. Most laptops don't come with CD players anymore. If I bought a CD, it'd be difficult for me to even get the files off it for listening on my phone or music player in my car. Lastly, in today's world, now allowing a purchasable download virtually guarantees piracy. (I get that there will be piracy anyway, but many people will buy a download if it's available.) 

There's simply no reason in 2019 to offer only a CD. It's not Girder's fault. I contacted them and they were only licensed to issue CDs, so I'm not blaming them. I'm not sure where the responsibility lies.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:30 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:
grandeped wrote:No fan is "left out" of music if they just choose not to buy a certain format. I get music in whatever format it is available in. If you refuse to buy something just because of the format it comes in, that is just vain posturing that ultimately only matters to you (and possibly takes money away from artists that already get so little).

Frankly, that's a pretty arrogant position to take. So, if it was only offered on cassette, you'd feel the same way? You may say 'yes', but I don't believe that. CDs aren't quite as outdated as cassettes, but almost.

First, digital downloads are always cheaper than CDs, so it costs a consumer less. Second, not everyone has the ability store endless numbers of CDs. Third, CD players are quickly disappearing. Most laptops don't come with CD players anymore. If I bought a CD, it'd be difficult for me to even get the files off it for listening on my phone or music player in my car. Lastly, in today's world, now allowing a purchasable download virtually guarantees piracy. (I get that there will be piracy anyway, but many people will buy a download if it's available.) 

There's simply no reason in 2019 to offer only a CD. It's not Girder's fault. I contacted them and they were only licensed to issue CDs, so I'm not blaming them. I'm not sure where the responsibility lies.

FoJ is correct.  With technology changing, not having multiple formats also hurts the artist.  If you don't have anything that plays CDs anymore, then just having a CD will insure that one or more fans won't buy it.  If it were only vinyl, the fans without turntables won't get on board.  If a fan is digital only, having the physical product without downloads is insuring they won't buy.  Most likely, the artist will get hurt by lack of sales by not offering many formats if at all possible.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:55 pm

I expected more debate on instrumentals than formats.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:31 am

heck wrote:I expected more debate on instrumentals than formats.    

Nah!  Either people like 'em or they don't.  I don't, so I just didn't order this.  If Dennis does another Angelica album that has vocals all the way through, then I am in.  Otherwise, I will skip it.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:15 am

What alldat said.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:58 pm

I agree with alldat, but from the opposite side.  I do enjoy them and when I get some spending money I will get this.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:07 pm

I can't say anything about the music, because I haven't heard enough. But still for me as a fan this is a must buy. I don't have enough money right now, but when I have I'll order this.
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:32 pm

I’m patiently waiting for mine! When did these get shipped out? I preordered this when it first came out.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:12 pm

I got Without Words a couple of weeks ago with 2 other cds and 7 vinyl from Girder Music. I haven't listened to it yet. I'll support anything Dennis does as long as it's melodic rock/hard rock/metal where he is a fellow Canadian.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:24 am

I agree that it is frustrating when an album is released on certain formats and not others.  
I feel the same about books - I get very frustrated when a book I am interested in 
(usually a Christian book on a smaller publishing label) does not have an Audiobook version.  
I know that's asking a lot because of the extra expense involved in producing an audio version. 
But I do not want to collect physical books anymore, I prefer listening to them through Audible.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:14 pm

I finally got this cd from Girder music—very good instrumental...I absolutely love the song Psalm 91! This cd is one of the better instrumentals out there...definitely glad I bought this ... since I’m a little  Leary about instrumentals.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SwordOfAcroyear Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:45 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:I'm interested, but not in a physical CD. It's incredibly frustrating that in 2019 albums are still released only to physical copies and not as a purchasable download. I won't go find it online and steal it, but I have no interest in adding another CD to my already-too-large collection. So I just miss out.

I figure it will pop up on Amazon or some such site at some point but I'm frustrated that it appears it will be a long wait until then.

SwordOfAcroyear
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:59 pm

Took a risk buying this and am so glad I did...... it's very enjoyable and highly recommended!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:07 pm

Still waiting for the cassette only release on this and all Christian metal since 2000 geek
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down