The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Wood: On Taunting Jihadis Who Send Me Death Threats

5 posters

Go down

David Wood: On Taunting Jihadis Who Send Me Death Threats  Empty David Wood: On Taunting Jihadis Who Send Me Death Threats

Post by d@v!d Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:28 pm

Another excellent video. Please pray for him that the Lord will continue to use him to deliver people from islam.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

David Wood: On Taunting Jihadis Who Send Me Death Threats  Empty Re: David Wood: On Taunting Jihadis Who Send Me Death Threats

Post by srguenther Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:57 am

I did not watch the whole video.  Its obviously good that he is pointing out the evil of Islam, but I see he also calls them names ('cupcake' in one response to a threat).  I will pray that Gods reaches him and stops such behavior, but until then I cannot support his ministry.

srguenther
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

David Wood: On Taunting Jihadis Who Send Me Death Threats  Empty Re: David Wood: On Taunting Jihadis Who Send Me Death Threats

Post by d@v!d Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:07 am

srguenther wrote:I did not watch the whole video.  Its obviously good that he is pointing out the evil of Islam, but I see he also calls them names ('cupcake' in one response to a threat).  I will pray that Gods reaches him and stops such behavior, but until then I cannot support his ministry.
You know you probably should have finished the video. He explains his reasoning for doing such in the later half. If you don't care to sit through his examples, he begins his explanation at 9:40. I agree that it seems to go against reason to do such, but he also makes a good argument for doing so. Also, when you consider the vitriol that he continuously receives, responses like 'cupcake' seem almost complimentary.

I posted this because I thought it was an unexpected approach to the threats and hate he receives. And do realize that this is just an element of his interactions with people, this isn't what he is all about.

Last edited by d@v!d on Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:29 am

srguenther wrote:I did not watch the whole video.  Its obviously good that he is pointing out the evil of Islam, but I see he also calls them names ('cupcake' in one response to a threat).  I will pray that Gods reaches him and stops such behavior, but until then I cannot support his ministry.

We are to be Christlike. Christ called people names as did John the Baptist and others in the Bible.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:36 am

I really love this guy. One of the prime examples of this time that christians don't have to be teddybears to be truly christian.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by srguenther Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:06 pm

I did go back and hear his reasoning for name calling. I don't see it holding water at all. We don't have to be pansies, but we to be different from the world....this is copying ting their behavior. I don't see this as being a light in a dark world...still prating for him and not gonna change my opinion.

srguenther
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:37 pm

srguenther wrote:I did go back and hear his reasoning for name calling.  I don't see it holding water at all.  We don't have to be pansies, but we to be different from the world....this is copying ting their behavior.  I don't see this as being a light in a dark world...still prating for him and not gonna change my opinion.
Cool. Well, I was mostly saying that you ought not rush to judgement or jump to conclusions before hearing him out. It's better to hear someone out before judging their reasoning and then disagree. I'm glad you went back and heard him out.

I agree with you that we need to be different and generally would be aghast seeing such mocking.

That said, I'm more swayed by his arguments though I won't fault you for not.

I've watch many of his videos and have read Nabeel Qureshi's book where he talks about his relationship with him and I don't have a negative impression of him, quite the opposite.

I'd invite you to watch more of his videos, but I know that these thing come down to a matter of time and interest and don't expect that of you especially with you having such a bad first impression.

I respect your opinion.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:42 am

Yes, understandable.

But there's something very important to keep in mind, also in general, when it comes to confronting islam/muslims.
The whole thing of criticizing islam is relatively uncharted territory in the sense that the main sources of islam (mainly the hadith) haven't been available for a non-Arabic speaking audience up until fairly recently. Plus the fact that it can be read on the internet, of course.

In short, it can be seen by everyone how incredibly ridiculous the religion of islam is as a whole. Lots of people who threaten David Wood are people whose foundations start to shake. And when that happens, people tend to get angry (and radicalize sometimes). I frequently heard Wood say that his provocative style (although no name-calling, "cupcake" is provocative) kind of fits the culture of islamic countries. That might be one of the reasons why he reaches so many of them with the gospel.

Oh, and the difference with christianity is that the core texts have been widely available for centuries in several languages. And scrutiny by other philosophies is also allowed for centuries. Christianity is still standing, also with the help of logic. Now islam also gets scrutinized; time will tell what role logic will play in its development.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:34 am

Andreas89 wrote:Yes, understandable.

But there's something very important to keep in mind, also in general, when it comes to confronting islam/muslims.
The whole thing of criticizing islam is relatively uncharted territory in the sense that the main sources of islam (mainly the hadith) haven't been available for a non-Arabic speaking audience up until fairly recently. Plus the fact that it can be read on the internet, of course.

In short, it can be seen by everyone how incredibly ridiculous the religion of islam is as a whole. Lots of people who threaten David Wood are people whose foundations start to shake. And when that happens, people tend to get angry (and radicalize sometimes). I frequently heard Wood say that his provocative style (although no name-calling, "cupcake" is provocative) kind of fits the culture of islamic countries. That might be one of the reasons why he reaches so many of them with the gospel.

Oh, and the difference with christianity is that the core texts have been widely available for centuries in several languages. And scrutiny by other philosophies is also allowed for centuries. Christianity is still standing, also with the help of logic. Now islam also gets scrutinized; time will tell what role logic will play in its development.
Good points. What's crazy is how now days with all the info on the quran and hadith available and the rise of terrorism why there isn't more honest talk about what it means.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Louder Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:49 pm

Louder
Louder
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down