The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

King James release new CD and plan shows

+4
eatbugs
alldatndensum
Follower of Jesus
Bill Roxx
8 posters

Go down

King James release new CD and plan shows Empty King James release new CD and plan shows

Post by Bill Roxx Tue May 10, 2016 7:53 pm

King James have been very busy this year working on a few things for all you fans out there. The band is very excited to announce a relaunch of their most recent album and they are even working on lining up some special shows for you this Summer and Fall. The band has just finished and now released an updated and remastered version of their latest album ‘Maximus’, available digitally and on CD. The Limited Edition CD comes in a beautiful 6 panel digipack with completely new artwork and even an additional bonus track for all of our Spanish speaking fans.

Also you heard that right, King James is getting out there and doing some very special live performances in 2016. We have some shows in the works now and are also looking to book more. We are entertaining offers at this time, send any and all offers to, Dewayne Jenkins of DeLu Productions Email deluproductions@gmail.com

In addition the CD is now available and shipping through several outlets including Christian Metal Distro, who are also handling distribution of the new title. If you are interested in carrying it or have any distribution opportunities email Bill Bafford from Christian Metal Distro at bill@roxxproductions.com

http://christianmetaldistro.storenvy.com/products/16684086-king-james-maximus-2016
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.roxxproductions.com

Back to top Go down

King James release new CD and plan shows Empty Re: King James release new CD and plan shows

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed May 11, 2016 2:17 am

I said this on Facebook and I'll say it again here. They're issuing a remastered version of an album that is only 3 years old. Waste. Of. Money.

I'd be far more impressed if there were actually (like the thread title suggests and doesn't deliver on) recording a new album. Their energies would be far better spent on that than remastering a 3 year old album that itself had re-recordings of an earlier album.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

King James release new CD and plan shows Empty Re: King James release new CD and plan shows

Post by alldatndensum Wed May 11, 2016 4:24 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:I said this on Facebook and I'll say it again here. They're issuing a remastered version of an album that is only 3 years old. Waste. Of. Money.

I'd be far more impressed if there were actually (like the thread title suggests and doesn't deliver on) recording a new album. Their energies would be far better spent on that than remastering a 3 year old album that itself had re-recordings of an earlier album.

Agreed!  Most of those songs were on their debut back in the 90s, so this feels like the THIRD time they want us to buy this album  Not happening.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed May 11, 2016 6:01 am

Agreed.  If they need to remaster something that recent then they did it wrong the first time.

And a bonus track?!?  Bands that make a habit of that lose my money on first issue CDs.

P.S. I'm a huge King James fan.  I would love an actual new album and hope one of those live shows comes close enough to me to get to.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2016 12:10 pm

I don't know how I feel about it. I am pleased with my original version of Maximus.
And I might be mistaken, but I guess the original was released on CD, as well.

Other Remarks:
- They cut off the songe Black Stone Woman for some unknown reason;
- The bonus track is just Miracles in Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed May 11, 2016 12:25 pm

I will pass on this. I have the original 2013 version as well as the 1994 self titled and the Retroactive version of The Fall. Their best album is the 1994 self titled one. I rarely listen to Maximus and The Fall only has a couple of good songs. 

I'm not getting the gold version of Whitecross 1987 as well. I have the 2005 black cover version and I'm happy with that.  The gold version only has another instrumental as a bonus and I don't care for Rex's instrumentals.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed May 11, 2016 2:53 pm

I will pass on this. I have the original 2013 version as well as the 1994 self titled and the Retroactive version of The Fall. Their best album is the 1994 self titled one. I rarely listen to Maximus and The Fall only has a couple of good songs.

I'd swap something for "The Fall".  You got a want list?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed May 11, 2016 6:01 pm

alldattndensum, I may trade King James The Fall. In Firestream Vault, my want list is there. The highest priority ones I want are:

Eden - Fan The Flame
Impellitteri - System X, Pedal to the Metal, Live in Tokyo, Screaming in the East
Rez Band - Bootleg CD

Whitecross - Triumphant Comeback - Live at Legends of Rock 2008 (live)

Ken Tamplin - Where Love Is, Colors of Christmas, Weird Odds and Ends
Crystavox - Crystavox, 20 Year Mix
Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack CBS Sony Japan 9 track version with the missiles on the cover.

Legend 7 - Legend, Blind Faith

In addition to the Fall, here are the ones I am selling:

Never Say Dinosaur - a Tribute to Petra

Bloodgood - KMG 2 in 1  Bloodgood/Detonation, KMF 2 in 1 Rock in a Hard Place/Out of the Darkness

HB - Frozen Inside
DC Talk - Jesus Freak
Love War - Soak Your Brain
Sonic Flood - Gold (First 2 Albums Sonicflood and Sonic Praise), Cry Holy and Resonate
Driver - Sons of Thunder - has the first few seconds of the first track with no music but everything else plays fine)

Larry Norman - White Blossoms form Black Roots 1997 reissue

John Schlitt - Shake, Unfit for Swine and The Christmas Project

PM me if interested. I may have others to sell.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Thu May 12, 2016 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed May 11, 2016 6:14 pm

I saw this thread earlier, and thought to myself isnt this just a new re-issue of a new re-issue

I dont know why a band would waste, their time and money on this when they could just, I dont know............maybe record a new album!!!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed May 11, 2016 7:25 pm

Someone (one of you for all I know) brought up needing a new album on their FB page and here is their response:

"New music is in the works, we just need to get out and play more to finish the works and fund the next project..."

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Roxx Wed May 11, 2016 8:28 pm

Unfortunately you cant find the original version it was very limited and there arent anymore, and if your buying the one off Amazon it is not a factory pressed CD it is a CDR only.
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.roxxproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu May 12, 2016 4:25 am

Someone (one of you for all I know) brought up needing a new album on their FB page and here is their response:

"New music is in the works, we just need to get out and play more to finish the works and fund the next project..."

You left off the rest where they told me that "we all needed to contact our local venues and tell them to do a King James show".  Why should I have to work for any band I am not in to get them a gig?  If they really wanted to fund the next project, how about a Kickstarter or similar fundraising gimmick?  It has become socially acceptable to do so.  For 10 truly NEW songs, I'd kick in for this one.

Unfortunately you cant find the original version it was very limited and there arent anymore, and if your buying the one off Amazon it is not a factory pressed CD it is a CDR only.

Is that the original 1994 version, the first "Maximus" version that is mostly just a re-recording of the 1994 album, or the brand new remastered reissue of the re-recorded reissue of the 1994 version?

Oh, but wait-there's more!  You get a totally new song that is really just the track "Miracles" but in Spanish.  Order now....operators are standing by!

lol!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 5:43 am

If Maximus is Out of Print, them this new release can be justified, as there are still fans who probably didn't get it yet.

Maybe a die hard fan might also be interested in have this new remaster, as well. I love the band, and despite the fact I don't have plans to buy it so soon, I might do it someday.

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu May 12, 2016 8:21 am

I've understood bands re-recording their old songs, as the old material is under contract gathering dust and probably owes a ton of money to a defunct label. But I did question this release when I saw it first announced on FB.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu May 12, 2016 11:09 am

alldatndensum wrote:

You left off the rest where they told me that "we all needed to contact our local venues and tell them to do a King James show".  Why should I have to work for any band I am not in to get them a gig?  If they really wanted to fund the next project, how about a Kickstarter or similar fundraising gimmick?  It has become socially acceptable to do so.  For 10 truly NEW songs, I'd kick in for this one.

That was you!  Yeah, I left off that part. lol! 

I also would kick in for an all-new album.

What bothers me most about this is the bonus track.  I'm probably overreacting to a Spanish version (a language I don't speak) of a song I already have several versions of, but it's the principle of giving fans who didn't have money/didn't know about them/etc. extra music that I didn't get by buying it when it was new.  Lots of bands put out "deluxe editions" or reissues within just a few years and include extra music that a first-run buyer won't get to hear.  Sorry for the rant, I had to get that off my chest.  I love King James which is maybe why it bothers me so much.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by grandeped Thu May 12, 2016 3:47 pm

I think the big problem is the lack of transparency. This is not really a "new" CD in most people's definitions, its a re-master/re-issue/etc. So why not say that? Why the incorrect terminology? If the first pressing is out of print and hard to find, then say that. Why was that left off? It is perfectly reasonable to say that a CD is sold out and this is replenishing the supplies. But that seems to have been left out for no reason.

But you need more than a single bonus track which is really just a different version of another song. I don't really think that is the best way to treat your core fans that already have the first version. Either just re-press the original version, or put in several bonus tracks (of new material and not older tracks in other languages). Show some thanks to your hardcore fans.

Which, admittedly, I am not a hardcore fan of King James.

grandeped
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down