The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayer request (ouchies!!!!!!)

3 posters

Go down

Prayer request (ouchies!!!!!!) Empty Prayer request (ouchies!!!!!!)

Post by exo Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:19 pm

Prayer request (ouchies!!!!!!) Image10

So, I tripped and fell Tuesday night while carrying a sleeping two year old in from the car.  Got her out of the way, so I'm not dealing with a squished toddler, but I took every last bit of the impact on my right shoulder, and I have never hit the ground that hard in my life Sad. X-rays indicate nothing broken or dislocated, but I have pain and swelling in SPADES I'm dealing with.  Supposed to keep it in a sling, ice the shoulder multiple times daily, and they prescribed Vicodin and Catalan for pain and inflammation, follow up with local rehab center if things don't get massively better by the weekend.

I HURT.  Currently, I can barely dress myself, much less do anything that requires two arms (except guitar playing, strangely enough!  It actually positions my shoulder in a pain free place!  Go figure.....scratch

Prayers for a speedy recovery and for the issue to just be pain and swelling rather than damage to my AC joint, labrum, or rotator cuff are greatly appreciated......surgery doesn't exactly appeal to me, and it is next to impossible to stock shelves with a bum wing in a sling.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Prayer request (ouchies!!!!!!) Empty Re: Prayer request (ouchies!!!!!!)

Post by KaramKaram Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:30 pm

Ouch, I will keep you in my prayers brother
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:20 am

Praying :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:03 pm

Praying for healing and comfort
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:40 pm

Got some nice bruising going on, but other than that and general ache/pain stuff, I'm good.  Full range of motion mostly pain free and all that jazz.  Thanks for the prayers, folks!

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:45 pm

Soooooo.....2 week update:  bruising is gone, most pain is gone, full range of motion seems to be there.  Got a couple of positions with minor pain, and the area between the base of my skull and my right shoulder has a tendency towards a hinges.  Do NOT have "normal" strength back yet, though it's a MAJOR improvement from where it was. 

My one area of concern is something I noticed a few days ago in the mirror: the upper trapezius muscle does not appear to move "flex" the same way as the left.  Might just be still recovering from interior bruising, might have bruised a nerve, might have interior swelling still going down......might be a ton of things, and it explains the "ache" sensation.  I CAN'T imagine it being something too severe, like I said, full movement, mostly pain free, I can do all my "normal" activities.....but it still weird me out a bit.

Apparently, an injury like this can take up to 3 months to fully recover to normal :/

If you all could keep that trap muscle weirdness in mind in your  prayers, would be great!

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:59 pm

I have come to the conclusion that I am too bullheaded for my own good, and that any time I am not working or playing guitar, the arm still needs to stay in the stupid sling.

I hate the stupid sling.

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down