The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone miss cassette cut-out bins?

2 posters

Go down

Anyone miss cassette cut-out bins? Empty Anyone miss cassette cut-out bins?

Post by WildWorld Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:51 pm

I was looking through some of my old cassette tapes (yes, i still have them and listen to them) and noticed how many of them were from the cut-out bin. I really miss those as i found some really good 80s/90s metal from those bins like Leviticus-Knights of Heaven, Kreator-Endless Pain, M.O.D.- Gross Misconduct , Hardline-Double Eclipse, and many more. I know that they dont make cassette tapes anymore so it's probably never going to happen, but the so-called "Bargain bin" was usually the first place i went to (along with the used cd section) when i visited a record store.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Anyone miss cassette cut-out bins? Empty Re: Anyone miss cassette cut-out bins?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:07 am

Oh yeah those were great!

In my city we have a few CD stores still - and there are 'bins' where you can get really cheap CDs.

Heck, even WalMart has some cheap CDs sometimes in a bin. $5 or so.

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:23 am

WildWorld wrote:I know that they dont make cassette tapes anymore...

actually, they do...

and, I recently saw somewhere (maybe in this video) that, metal bands in particular are making tapes a lot again...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:33 am

Yeah, believe it or not - cassettes are coming back!

Though my preference lies with CD. Much more durable and lasting. Better investment. Anyway ...

Last edited by RavenWolf on Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:17 am

crucifyd wrote:
WildWorld wrote:I know that they dont make cassette tapes anymore...

actually, they do...

and, I recently saw somewhere (maybe in this video) that, metal bands in particular are making tapes a lot again...
When the Kurt Cobain solo album came out aka the sndtrack to Montage of Heck I saw it being sold as a cassette, price was just a few dollars cheaper than the cd.  I doubt id buy cassettes again  so yeah i agree that they still do make cassettes and some bands release it on that format.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:12 pm

Thats a cool video crucifyd...thanks for posting it. I would love to have that Metallica cassette but it is so overpriced these days..sorry but I am not paying $20 or more for a cassette..I do miss those cassette bins...I pulled some great stuff out of them...Where we live now no one does that..not even with cd's... I miss Hastings back in Lubbock...It had several $3 cd bins and there was a record store with tons of $1 cassettes... I even remember buying sealed vinyl from $1 bins back in the early 90s...Now look at it...$20 to $ 40 bucks for new vinyl and at least $8 or more for used Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down