The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anthrax - For all Kings

+3
TheOldMan2084
MegaNorm64
Remnant_Militia
7 posters

Go down

Anthrax - For all Kings Empty Anthrax - For all Kings

Post by Remnant_Militia Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:47 pm

Didn't see a thread for the album, anyways, anyone given it a listen yet?
What'd you guys think?
Remnant_Militia
Remnant_Militia
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Anthrax - For all Kings Empty Re: Anthrax - For all Kings

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:51 pm

I still haven't picked this one up yet! I bought "Worship Music" when it came out and really liked it! How does this new one compare?

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:57 am

I have only listened to half of it. They have some pretty thrashy tracks on there but, the album seems to slow down in the middle. It's not as heavy as Worship Music from what I have heard but, still sounds like a solid album so far.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Remnant_Militia Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:12 pm

I liked it, maybe not as much as Worship Music, but Zero Tolerance has to be one of their most thrashy songs. It felt like a throwback when bands would put one of their fastest songs at the end (gung-ho, damage inc. etc...)
Remnant_Militia
Remnant_Militia
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:13 am

Haven't listened to any Anthrax in awhile. I was thinking about checking out For All Kings. Does anyone know why they started using a pentagram logo? Not that I think they are satanic or occult or anything, I know they're not. I guess seeing a big pentagram on anything tends to make me a bit more cautious.
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:58 am

Does anyone know why they started using a pentagram logo?

According to Scott Ian it is a tongue and cheek thing..notice it has a A embedded in it..its their new symbol...Scott even inked it on his arm...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:05 pm

Pentagrams no longer hold the meaning they once did - at least to the Metal crowd.

Just like 'satan' has become a fictional comic book character in Metal - so also has the 'pentagram' become a sign of Metal itself.

Just like the 'horns'. Remember back in the 80s - everyone was saying that hailing the 'horns' on your hand was waving the sign of satan. They were right. That is a satanic gesture ... however, it lost it's meaning as a satanic sign - and became the sign of Metal!!!

Nowadays the pentagram is just like waving the horns. Means nothing more than Metal. To the masses. Also to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDoctor394 Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:48 pm

I read that the horns sign was initially something to scare away evil spirits - at least, that's from Dio.  He got it from his grandmother, didn't he?
TheDoctor394
TheDoctor394
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:27 pm

TheDoctor394 wrote:I read that the horns sign was initially something to scare away evil spirits - at least, that's from Dio.  He got it from his grandmother, didn't he?

Correct. However, there is another sign that is 'similar/quite the same' that Satanists use. Or at least used to, as a greetings sign. I had a friend who was a Satanist in high school. He still is too, as far as I know. Sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDoctor394 Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:31 pm

Mmm... :-/  Very sad.  And being a Satanist in itself is worse than whatever symbols or signs that might be used.
TheDoctor394
TheDoctor394
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:38 pm

RavenWolf wrote:Pentagrams no longer hold the meaning they once did - at least to the Metal crowd.

Just like 'satan' has become a fictional comic book character in Metal - so also has the 'pentagram' become a sign of Metal itself.

Just like the 'horns'. Remember back in the 80s - everyone was saying that hailing the 'horns' on your hand was waving the sign of satan. They were right. That is a satanic gesture ... however, it lost it's meaning as a satanic sign - and became the sign of Metal!!!

Nowadays the pentagram is just like waving the horns. Means nothing more than Metal. To the masses. Also to me.
I'm not sure about this, but wasnt the Pentagram originally a Christian symbol meant to represent the five wounds of Christ? I dont know how it got co-opted into becoming a "satanic" symbol. Same with the inverted cross, which was meant to represent Peter being crucified upside down (as he felt he wasnt worthy enough to die the same way Christ died), though it should be noted that inverted crosses with Jesus on them ARE a blasphemous symbol, but not the inverted cross itself. Symbols have no real power though anyway, and it's a shame so many people make a big deal about them.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:39 pm

WildWorld wrote:
RavenWolf wrote:Pentagrams no longer hold the meaning they once did - at least to the Metal crowd.

I'm not sure about this, but wasnt the Pentagram originally a Christian symbol meant to represent the five wounds of Christ? I dont know how it got co-opted into becoming a "satanic" symbol. Same with the inverted cross, which was meant to represent Peter being crucified upside down (as he felt he wasnt worthy enough to die the same way Christ died), though it should be noted that inverted crosses with Jesus on them ARE a blasphemous symbol, but not the inverted cross itself. Symbols have no real power though anyway, and it's a shame so many people make a big deal about them.

I agree with you 100%! Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDoctor394 Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:45 pm

WildWorld wrote:

I think the pentagram does have a history that goes beyond being a Satanic symbol, and the same with the inverted cross.  But I agree, symbols are just symbols, with no power themselves, and I don't make an overly big fuss of them.
TheDoctor394
TheDoctor394
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:51 pm

The pentagram is just another sign that they are pathetic trend followers and desperate to appear cool.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:01 am

Wow... I'm glad I could derail the discussion about Anthrax with my pentagram question! LOL

Anyway, I think I may check this one out. I just asked the question because I wasn't sure this was seen as a statement of their beliefs or whatever. I kind of stopped with Persistence of Time so it's been a long time since I've heard new material. But if it's just a symbol I'm fine with that. I will probably check this out at some point.
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:23 pm

TheOldMan2084 wrote:Wow... I'm glad I could derail the discussion about Anthrax with my pentagram question! LOL

Anyway, I think I may check this one out. I just asked the question because I wasn't sure this was seen as a statement of their beliefs or whatever. I kind of stopped with Persistence of Time so it's been a long time since I've heard new material. But if it's just a symbol I'm fine with that. I will probably check this out at some point.

Yeah, their last album, "Worship Music" has a pentagram on it too. It's just a symbol of Metal to the band. Nothing else. Anthrax is one of those bands that never had any satanic references or anything. They were always pretty neutral - even back in the day.

In fact, one of the members of Anthrax is actually a born again Christian (or so I heard). I'm pretty sure it's true.

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:25 am

I like the album, especially how they threw faster beats a little more generously into the mix.  I would avoid the 2-disc version.  I bought it and was really disappointed with the total lack of quality control:  there is no cross-fading between tracks (only abrupt, choppy "transitions"); "Caught in a Mosh" has a good chunk cut out of the middle so the song jumps from one part ahead to another; and the final track, "Madhouse," cuts straight off almost as the last note is played.  Anyone with home editing software could have done better at assembling this.  It's like nobody listened to it at all before manufacturing commenced.
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:06 pm

xMetalMarkx wrote:I like the album, especially how they threw faster beats a little more generously into the mix.  I would avoid the 2-disc version.  I bought it and was really disappointed with the total lack of quality control:  there is no cross-fading between tracks (only abrupt, choppy "transitions"); "Caught in a Mosh" has a good chunk cut out of the middle so the song jumps from one part ahead to another; and the final track, "Madhouse," cuts straight off almost as the last note is played.  Anyone with home editing software could have done better at assembling this.  It's like nobody listened to it at all before manufacturing commenced.

Is the second disc like a re-recording of old songs CD?

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:14 pm

The 2nd disc I'm griping about is a 4-song bonus EP recorded live in Tokyo:  "Fight 'Em 'Til You Can't," "A.I.R.," "Caught in a Mosh," & "Madhouse."  A full 30 seconds is missing from "Caught in a Mosh."
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down