The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Metal Movies of All Time!

+8
Kerrick
Zymologist
sadvader
deathisgain
Deepfriar
WildWorld
Hardcore Christian
Ragnor
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Most Metal Movies of All Time! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Metal Movies of All Time!

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:13 am

STAR WARS!!!!

Here's the bands that would be PERFECT for each soundtrack:

Dream Theater, Pagan's Mind, Therion, Stryper, Testament, Exodus, Metallica, Judas Priest, Dio, Iron Maiden!

Back to top Go down

Most Metal Movies of All Time! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Metal Movies of All Time!

Post by Superjuice Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:59 pm

I'm going to ruin the thread:

The metal starts 2:20 or so, but it's well worth watching before that to grasp a little context.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:36 pm

Check this film out:
http://vhscollector.com/movie/metallica

The title is obvious, and the box even looks like a metal album cover.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:14 pm

Kerrick wrote:
ThomasEversole wrote:Most horror movies are "metal".
Some definitely include that in the soundtrack.

Dario Argento's films have some metal in them.  (And his older stuff is excellent!)

Yeah, I used to heart me some Argento and virtually watched everything he's ever done.  Then I started watching every 70's (and some 80's) giallo  that I could get a hold of (some of which matched Argento) - it's a deep rabbit hole that I nary would traverse again.  He had a protege that directed a lot of interesting work named Michele Soavi. 

Funny thing about Dario is that he could get away with overdubbing back in the 70's, but he never ditched the technique and continued using it into the 2000's.  That made his latter work look quite silly.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:01 pm

I haven't heard of Soavi; I'll have to check into their work!

I went through an Argento phase and while I still really enjoy his earlier work, I've moved away some from horror like that in general.  The giallo genre is pretty interesting and had some pretty inspired stuff though.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:09 pm

Oh, I have seen one of Soavi's films: The Church.  I remember thinking it was pretty cool.  Cool

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:08 pm

Braveheart would be awesome with a soundtrack by Nightwish!!! and maybe some other Symphonic Metal bands!

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:41 am

Believe it or not, Sleeping Beauty. Some of the visuals in that film look like power metal album covers!

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:22 am

WildWorld wrote:Believe it or not, Sleeping Beauty. Some of the visuals in that film look like power metal album covers!

As a daddy of a 4 year old daughter - I can verify that claim as true! Good call!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2