The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So The MONKEES have an album of all new material coming out..

2 posters

Go down

So The MONKEES have an album of all new material coming out.. Empty So The MONKEES have an album of all new material coming out..

Post by MikeInFla Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:02 am

I loved them as a kid and I still have soft place in my heart. They have an all new album coming out this summer... Even a new/old track from Davy Jones that they will be backing up:

The Monkees are ready to have some fun this year as the iconic band celebrates its 50th anniversary with a tour and the group's first new album in 20 years, appropriately titled GOOD TIMES. Much like The Monkees early albums, GOOD TIMES features tracks written specifically for the band by some of the music world's most gifted songwriters, including Rivers Cuomo (Weezer), Ben Gibbard (Death Cab for Cutie), Andy Partridge (XTC), and Zach Rogue (Rogue Wave). The album also includes songwriting contributions by Nesmith (I Know What I Know) and Tork as well as producer Adam Schlesinger. 

To help bring the anniversary full circle, The Monkees completed songs for GOOD TIMES that were originally recorded & written for the group during the 60s, including Love To Love by Neil Diamond, which features a vintage vocal by Davy Jones. Harry Nilsson wrote the title track Good Times, which he recorded at a session with Nesmith in January 1968. The production was never completed, so the band returned to the original session tape (featuring Nilsson's guide vocal) and have created a duet with his close friend Dolenz. Good Times will mark the first time Dolenz and Nilsson have sung together since Dolenz May 1973 single Daybreak. Other vintage 1960s tracks included on GOOD TIMES feature L.A. s famed Wrecking Crew of session musicians.

Good Times is available to pre-order as both a CD and a vinyl LP.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

So The MONKEES have an album of all new material coming out.. Empty Re: So The MONKEES have an album of all new material coming out..

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:06 pm

The Monkees > The Beatles. Laughing

Back to top Go down

So The MONKEES have an album of all new material coming out.. Empty Re: So The MONKEES have an album of all new material coming out..

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:33 pm

I love the Monkees alot of the stuff I like is not the popular stuff, some of my favs include  All of Your Toys, Admiral Mike, Tortise Song (I think its the name of it) man now i gotta go through my music and dig up some of this

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:41 pm

I WILL get the new album. Too bad they are not coming to Kansas City.  I saw them live back in 2001 I would love to see them again while they three that are still here are still alive.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:27 pm

Porpise Song! Think that is what you mean. I prefer the hits but like most of the stuff. From what I am hearing Mike will have little if any involvement. Funny that they have a July release date but haven't recorded anything yet. Mike's involvement is limited to a song he wrote and guitar he played on a track from the 60's. So its a bit disappointing if this turns out to be a Micky and Pete album. I'm hoping Mike will play or sing at least one.

Still looking forward to it.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:10 am

YES the Porpise song thats the one, the hits are ok but for me it was the obscure stuff that I liked better

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:12 pm

Porpoise Song I mean... Was that from Head? I have it on a compilation disc and while it is a neat song I would rather hear one of the more up-tempo songs. Circle Sky is another good unknown track. They actually re-did it when they recorded the "Justus" album back in 1996. It was also featured on the Monkees TV special they did during that time. A made for TV movie I believe. Don't remember anything about it except it had Circle Sky in it and that Mike made the comment "We've been filming the show every week since 1967 but it hasn't aired again until now".
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down