The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there still plans for a second Stryper album of re-recorded material?

+5
MegaNorm64
alldatndensum
bodachi
eatbugs
MikeInFla
9 posters

Go down

Is there still plans for a second Stryper album of re-recorded material? Empty Is there still plans for a second Stryper album of re-recorded material?

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:43 am

I really liked Second Coming, and I know Michael has been really busy, but I had really thought that I read that they were going to record this at the tail end of 2014 or early 2015.

Did the Sweet and Lynch project push it back?

Don't get me wrong, I prefer to have the Sweet and Lynch album more than a Second Coming 2, but I would really like to have both..lol

Last edited by NoOneIsHere on Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Is there still plans for a second Stryper album of re-recorded material? Empty Re: Is there still plans for a second Stryper album of re-recorded material?

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:46 am

I can't believe I used the "really" so many times in that post... Razz

Back to top Go down

Is there still plans for a second Stryper album of re-recorded material? Empty Re: Is there still plans for a second Stryper album of re-recorded material?

Post by MikeInFla Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:16 am

I hope it happens too, I REALLY do Smile

Would like to hear new versions of some of the Against The Law tunes. It's still my favorite Stryper album.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:29 am

MikeInFla wrote:I hope it happens too, I REALLY do Smile

Would like to hear new versions of some of the Against The Law tunes. It's still my favorite Stryper album.

I love ATL too, but recently I have been on a BIG In God We Trust binge..

I have been listening to the cd going back and forth to work every day for a week now   Shocked

The Writings On The Wall and In God We Trust are 2 of my favorite songs by them, but the whole album is awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:33 am

Funny thing is, before NMHTP, everyone considered To Hell With The Devil as their best cd...

I however...ranked it 4th (now 5th with NMHTP being released). Even though the title track is probably my favorite song by them.

1 ) Murder By Pride  -- Another one that I play a lot still. My favorite Stryper cd.
2 ) No More Hell To Pay
3 ) Against The Law
4 ) In God We Trust
5 ) To Hell With The Devil
6 ) Second Coming
7 ) Soldiers Under Command
8 ) Reborn
9 ) The Yellow and Black Attack

Last edited by NoOneIsHere on Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:39 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:38 am

MBP with songs like Love Is Why, Run In You, Everything, Murder By Pride, 4 Leaf Clover, and I Believe is just such a GREAT album

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:48 pm

If it's either/or, I prefer the current plan of recording an all-new album to Second Second Coming.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:54 pm

eatbugs wrote:If it's either/or, I prefer the current plan of recording an all-new album to Second Second Coming.
WORD.
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:02 pm

Well, obviously I would choose the album of new material if I had to choose just one...but they had already said last year that they were going to do the rerecords AND another album of new material, so no reason not to think both could be done.

My thinking was maybe it was the Sweet and Lynch project that pushed it back.

I am hoping they can still do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:10 pm

Right now I believe they are working on an album of brand new material.  I would like to hear a few more tracks from their first 3 albums, In God We Trust, and "Against The Law redone.

So, put me in the camp of folks who would like to see both.  First the new stuff, THEN the re-records.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:09 pm

Stryper has a history with postponing new material with cover, demo and rerecording albums. Just keep bringing in the new stuff!
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:35 pm

Or do what they did with Reborn and Murder By Pride and include one re-recorded song on an album of originals.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:37 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Right now I believe they are working on an album of brand new material.  I would like to hear a few more tracks from their first 3 albums, In God We Trust, and "Against The Law redone.

So, put me in the camp of folks who would like to see both.  First the new stuff, THEN the re-records.

I say don't touch Against the Law. It is an excellent album, in my top 3 Stryper list for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:16 am

Adam wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:Right now I believe they are working on an album of brand new material.  I would like to hear a few more tracks from their first 3 albums, In God We Trust, and "Against The Law redone.

I say don't touch Against the Law. It is an excellent album, in my top 3 Stryper list for sure.

I love ATL (in my top 3 also) and In God We Trust, but I still would like to hear updated versions of some of the songs off it. I mean, you will always still have the original ATL to go back to you if you want, but hearing a different take on it would still be cool.

Look at their updated version of the song In God We Trust. I love both versions, and listen to both versions.

Also, their concert version of All For One is pretty awesome..... 

With technology advancements, Michael's voice sounding better now that it has deepened (? for a lack of a better word), and all the guys' talents growing over the years (which is to be expected with maturity and experience).....I can't wait to hear how it would sound.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:05 pm

Ha Ha, I thought I was the only one who liked The Covering

I will still stand alone by saying it is one of my fave Stryper albums.

I wish they would do more.

The last I heard is they are almost finished with their newest all original album.
Suppose to be like nothing we've ever heard from them. Hmmmm....
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:43 pm

Last I heard it was going to go new album, re-recorded stuff, Stryper tour, and then the band would see where things go from there.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:19 pm

Adam wrote:

The re-records aren't so much about making everything sound newer.  It was all about Stryper gaining control of their music.  If they don't re-record it, then Hollywood Records still owns the masters.  If the band wants control of those songs, they would have to buy those masters.  It would probably be cheaper to record the album from the ground up.  Then, if someone wanted a Stryper song for a movie or tv, the band could license their redone version and cut out the original record company.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:44 pm

I heard that before..but that is the business side of it. As a fan, I just like hearing the updated versions.. No matter why they do it.

Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by strype53 Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:21 am

I was thinking the other day that I remembered Michael asking if he should re-record his solo stuff, and I thought to myself,  I think his first album would sound really good re-recorded, especially if he improved the drums on there and made it sound heavier. Not to sure that I would be interested in the rest of the albums being re-recorded though.
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:32 am

I would love to see the whole In God We Trust album rerecorded from scratch. The live version of Always There for You on the Live At The Whisky sounds really good and gave a taste of how the whole album can sound really good. They should make the album heavier and improve on Come to the Ever Life and It's Up to U (Come to the Ever Life song is decent but with a little reworking/rearranging it can sound much better). Also, I always found the drums over power The Reign and The Writings On the Wall. Also, The guitars and bass could be more up front on The Reign and on the album overall. Also, They should include both versions on In God We Trust title track - the original and the one on Reborn - the original version as track on and the newer version as track 11 as a reprise.  

As I said before,  the live version of Always There for You on the Live At The Whisky sounds really good and I want more.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:42 pm

If I had the ability to vote for what I would like on the re-record.....which I don't but oh well Smile  .....  here is what I would like...

Second coming had 14 re-recorded songs and 2 new...
So staying with the 16 song format (mine has 15 rerecords and 1 new) here is my wish list if they did a second re-record

01 Always There For You - from IGWT
02 Keep The Burning -  from IGWT
03 The Writings On The Wall - from IGWT
04 Lonely - from IGWT
05 The Reign - from IGWT
06 Believe - from Can't Stop The Rock
07 Can't Stop the Rock - from Can't Stop The Rock
08 Against The Law - from Against The Law
09 Two Time Woman - from Against The Law
10 Lady -  from Against The Law
11 Caught in the Middle -  from Against The Law
12 All for One -  from Against The Law
13 Rock the Hell Out of You -  from Against The Law
14 Something - from 7: The Best of Stryper
15 For You - from 7: The Best of Stryper
16 NEW SONG 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:45 pm

as a side note..I love Second Coming...just wish they had put You Know What To Do on it  Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down