The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OFF THE BEATEN PATH>>>SHOW US SOME MUSIC

+6
KaramKaram
11razorwire
MikeInFla
CrimsonWarrior
exo
sadvader
10 posters

Go down

OFF THE BEATEN PATH>>>SHOW US SOME MUSIC Empty OFF THE BEATEN PATH>>>SHOW US SOME MUSIC

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:34 am

ok..so this thread is to post bands that you love but some may have never heard of..maybe a few bands off the beaten path and maybe some people have heard of..

here are a few I dig...

Back to top Go down

OFF THE BEATEN PATH>>>SHOW US SOME MUSIC Empty Re: OFF THE BEATEN PATH>>>SHOW US SOME MUSIC

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:42 am

Back to top Go down

OFF THE BEATEN PATH>>>SHOW US SOME MUSIC Empty Re: OFF THE BEATEN PATH>>>SHOW US SOME MUSIC

Post by sadvader Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:31 pm

These are the most obscure artists I regularly listen to. They all have lots of stuff.
sadvader
sadvader
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.sadbatu.de

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:07 pm

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:01 pm

https://departenoise.bandcamp.com/releases

This is one of the greatest unknown artists of all of underground metal.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sadvader Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:50 pm

That Siouxie song is very cool!
sadvader
sadvader
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.sadbatu.de

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:21 pm

Most of the obscure stuff I listen to isn't metal. And while not obscure, this music is well known. I enjoy Randy Hansen band quite a bit because he really captures Hendrix like no one else.

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:36 pm

That Siouxie song is very cool!

I am a huge fan of her music and of her Wink ...

Most of the obscure stuff I listen to isn't metal. And while not obscure, this music is well known. I enjoy Randy Hansen band quite a bit because he really captures Hendrix like no one else.
way back in the 80s I played in a band with a guy from San Fransisco who turned me onto this guy..a few years later Hanson was the opening act for Sam Kinison...way cool!! Guitar guy

Back to top Go down

Post by 11razorwire Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:26 pm

11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:12 am

Metric

id post videos but no access to youtube here.  But if you go to youtube id check the songs "Youth Without Youth", "Front Row", "The Void", "Gold, Guns, Girls", "Twilight Galaxy", "Soft Rock Star", "Empty", "Too Little Too Late", "Blindness"  esssentially anything from the Fantasies album is awesome!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:06 pm

Metric is very good! They are on my list still! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:15 pm

From my hometown

KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:26 pm

BTW, you can listen to their entire album here https://puahvzla.bandcamp.com/
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:37 pm

Sticking with Aussie bands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:44 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Zymologist Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:31 pm

The Osedax - Titans Lament. Atmospheric doom metal that's among the most bone-chilling music I think I've ever heard, and it's a free download on bandcamp: https://theosedax.bandcamp.com/album/titans-lament. Listen to "Son of the Sea" and say it ain't so.

Zymologist
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:48 pm

Not sure how obscure they actually are since Jesse Leach of Killswitch Engage fame was on vocals, but I never see anyone mention Seemless. They weren't what you would expect since they were much closer to stoner metal than metalcore. Great stuff in my opinion.

Wildcat
Wildcat
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:32 pm

Wildcat wrote:Not sure how obscure they actually are since Jesse Leach of Killswitch Engage fame was on vocals, but I never see anyone mention Seemless. They weren't what you would expect since they were much closer to stoner metal than metalcore. Great stuff in my opinion.

Agreed, I think both of those albums are fantastic.  Would love to see these guys do another album.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:20 pm

I've been wearing this out lately.

metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:29 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:49 pm

Don't know how "obscure" some of you will consider this band, but I've been on a slight prog kick lately, and these guys weren't a known entity to me....

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:29 pm

metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down