The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sex and Money

+5
alldatndensum
Deepfriar
ThomasEversole
Staybrite
d@v!d
9 posters

Go down

Sex and Money Empty Sex and Money

Post by d@v!d Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:53 am

Hey guys. I've been listening to a great audiobook that is free until the end of this month.

This book is amazing as it deals with the sins that plague our lives in visceral unabashed terms.
It talks about Christian experience in ways that, I believe, all of us can intimately relate to but would never openly talk about.

The book is divided into 2 topics and spends considerable time with each. It always points to the gospel as the solution.

If you are struggling with heavy things, please take time to listen to this book as it brings many life affirming encouragements to hold to the truth of the gospel and to find a way out of the traps of sin.

Even if you aren't struggling with heavy things, this book will surely expose things to you about your heart and what motivates you and encourage you in your growth in truth.

Go to http://christianaudio.com/free

Create a free account and download it. Even if you don't have time for it right now, you can always listen to it later.

This is a time limited offer.

God bless
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Sex and Money Empty Re: Sex and Money

Post by Staybrite Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:09 pm

I listen to audio books driving back and forth to work.  I will certainly download this one, thanks.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:42 pm

Thanks David.

On a side note, I've often wondered why there's not much discussion of sex (in marriage) in Christian circles.  Most talk of sex in the Christian context has to do with not doing it - outside of marriage.  

I can't think of any Christian discussions regarding sex in marriage at all!
I mean.  I know I'm still a newlywed and all, but I certainly know its still a part of long-time married life as well.

In a Godly marriage, its healthy, right?
Why is NO one talking about it?

It feels to me like people are either embarrassed/bashful about it, or don't want to sound like they're bragging?
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:45 pm

...aaaaaaand I killed the thread. LOL
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:11 am

I like sex inside marriage.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:53 am

It feels to me like people are either embarrassed/bashful about it, or don't want to sound like they're bragging?

Perhaps people want to be a bit more private about what goes on in their bedroom.  It doesn't have to be embarrassment.

Also, there could also be the issue that some of us don't want to know what others are doing.  It is enough to say that it is an enjoyable activity for married couples to reconnect and bond with one another.  I don't need a play by play on positions or toys or anything like that from my Christian or non-Christian friends.  It is fun when my wife and I do it, but it is gross to hear about everyone else.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:23 am

I'm not sure it's so never talked about.

Not trying to lead to a locked thread, but Mark Driscoll addressed it with his typical controversial flair in his marriage book (haven't read it and am neither endorsing not condemning).  Kevin Leman (sp?) "Sheet Music" is less edgy but very often recommended.

Haven't given this book a listen, but truly it's remarkable how much sin and struggle and pain -- both inside and outside of the Church -- revolve around sex and money.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:13 pm

Deepfriar wrote:I like sex inside marriage.

Word.

alldatndensum wrote:
Perhaps people want to be a bit more private about what goes on in their bedroom.  It doesn't have to be embarrassment.

Also, there could also be the issue that some of us don't want to know what others are doing.  It is enough to say that it is an enjoyable activity for married couples to reconnect and bond with one another.  I don't need a play by play on positions or toys or anything like that from my Christian or non-Christian friends.  It is fun when my wife and I do it, but it is gross to hear about everyone else.

I agree with you. I'm not one to hear about details in someone else's bedroom...
but I've seen it spoken about in a not-gross, not too-much-information context.

Its sex after all. Its not like its details for a bowel movement.

For example. I work in a call center. Out of the 200 employees, 90% of them are women.
When call volume is low, we have time to talk - and one of the very common topics is SEX.
...and these aren't GIRLS either having this discussion, but married WOMEN, and a few guys like myself.

I've never seen bashing or gory details brought up. Any details are almost presented in a clinical manner.
Some just blurt out its awesome and they feel closer to their spouse because of it - I've heard others start the conversation, that's the WORST part of their relationship and want it to be better. (or to stop LOL)
The follow up is usually asking for suggestions, or offering them.

"Is this normal?" seems to be a reoccurring question. The before and after gets talked about too.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:19 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:Why is NO one talking about it?

This book has been around since 1976. http://www.amazon.com/Act-Marriage-Beauty-Sexual-Love/dp/0310212006

Back to top Go down

Post by elManique Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:17 am

ThomasEversole wrote:Thanks David.

On a side note, I've often wondered why there's not much discussion of sex (in marriage) in Christian circles.  Most talk of sex in the Christian context has to do with not doing it - outside of marriage. 

Maybe it's just Christianity is mixed with 'high culture' where everything is polite and reserved.  Have a look at http://www.freesexpod.com, two married women talking openly about sex (and probably giggling too much imo).
elManique
elManique
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:29 am

Adam wrote:
ThomasEversole wrote:Why is NO one talking about it?

This book has been around since 1976. http://www.amazon.com/Act-Marriage-Beauty-Sexual-Love/dp/0310212006

I should also mention that it is very graphic, although, the last time I thumbed through it was in the late 1990s.

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:59 am

Just a reminder. If you are interested in the book, today is the last day to get it for free.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:18 am

ThomasEversole wrote:In a Godly marriage, its healthy, right?

In a Godly marriage, it's commanded.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:37 am

There's a few blogs out there on the internet about sex topics inside of marriage that are rather good at dealing with topics that often come up within marriages. (I'd have to dig up the links) For the most part, these blogs are written by women. I guess they are better able to communicate all aspects of the marriage relationship. Us guys tend to lock in on the physical and stay there.

I saw a quote that I liked (and I'm trying to remember where I saw it) that I'll paraphrase. One of the goals of the devil is to get people to have sex before they are married, and to stop having sex after they are married. Very Happy

I'm currently reading a good book on love, marriage, dating, sex etc. called The Mingling Of Souls by Matt Chandler. I found out about it from a reading plan on the YouVersion bible app on my phone. The reading plan was rather intriguing, so I picked up the book.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:54 pm

Sex and Money..yes please Rolf 2  ..but seriously Shocked  interesting article..thanks for posting.

Back to top Go down