The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Thanksgiving Plans?

+4
alldatndensum
sentient 6
MikeInFla
Peter who was Vaak
8 posters

Go down

Any Thanksgiving Plans?  Empty Any Thanksgiving Plans?

Post by Guest Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:17 pm

Just wondering what everybody is doing for Thanksgiving. This has always been a special time of the year for me. This holiday ... and then the weeks leading up to Christmas. Heheh. Makes me wanna take out the Christmas music (just about to pick up Medieaval Baebes' Christmas album in fact). I really get in the holiday spirit. Not that I dress all Christmassy and stuff. Heck, I went to a Christmas party last year in my Slayer T shirt.

But anyway - it's a special time of year for me and my family.

This year on Thanksgiving we're travelling to Colorado for vacation! I reserved a suite for us up in the Rocky Mountains! Soaking in the hot tub while the snow comes down. Nothing like it right on Thanksgiving.

What are your plans?

Any Thanksgiving Plans?  20141126_215761417059415

Back to top Go down

Any Thanksgiving Plans?  Empty Re: Any Thanksgiving Plans?

Post by Peter who was Vaak Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:01 pm

I work at Walmart 3-12AM.  I will see people become monsters as sale after sale rears its ugly head.  Small women will be the embodiment of hate as their understandings of ads are proven to be nothing.  Though, Tuesday, a lifegroup from Church is having a "friendsgiving" at my place.  So, I'll be here for that.  Also, on Friday, I will go to my parents' house.  They're postponing Thanksgiving for me.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:02 pm

Nice Peter! What state do you live in?

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:03 pm

I live in Arizona.  I'm in Tempe for schooling, but I'll be headed north to Prescott, about 2 hours away.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:04 pm

That's awesome! I'm just one state above you. I was actually born in Arizona and lived there for a few years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:15 pm

Anyone else have any plans?

albino

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:37 pm

I took the week off from work but we are not going anywhere, staying put. Ordered a smoked turkey from church. No one coming in to visit, all of our family is in TN so it is just me and the girls. My wife is off and so are the kids. Time to get caught up on chores this week, getting a door replaced tomorrow and hopefully the roofers show up Mon or Tues. Also going to replace the headlamps on my wife's van if they new ones come in this week.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:49 pm

Peter who was Vaak wrote:I work at Walmart 3-12AM.  I will see people become monsters as sale after sale rears its ugly head.  Small women will be the embodiment of hate as their understandings of ads are proven to be nothing.

..i'll be prayin' for ya.Cool
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:52 pm

I plan on seeing my family....and acting like a gluton.

....and thanking God for it all.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:08 pm

MikeInFla wrote:I took the week off from work but we are not going anywhere, staying put. Ordered a smoked turkey from church. No one coming in to visit, all of our family is in TN so it is just me and the girls. My wife is off and so are the kids. Time to get caught up on chores this week, getting a door replaced tomorrow and hopefully the roofers show up Mon or Tues. Also going to replace the headlamps on my wife's van if they new ones come in this week.

That sounds really nice. Sometimes just doing nothing - having a week off - and relaxing and doing odds and ends ... can be therapeutic. I like to take a week like that off every now and then. Just do little odd things and relax. Spend some time in prayer and meditation. Watch movies and listen to CDs! Heck yah!!!

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:34 pm

On Thanksgiving day, we will have breakfast or lunch with my wife's mom.  Nice and simple.  Of course, most of my wife's family is dead now and get togethers are pretty laid back.

Today, though, we were with my youth group.  They wanted to collect hats, scarves, gloves, socks, and string backpacks to distribute to homeless people on the streets of Nashville.  We put together 50 packs with either mens or ladies items in a gallon sized Ziplock bag.  Also, we put together 50 sack lunches containing a PB&J sandwich, chips, and some cookies.  We were able to pass these out in just a little over an hour on Nashville's streets just by walking around.  It was a great experience for us to see just how some folks live and how blessed we are.  Also, we were able to share a small portion of our faith in Christ with these men and women in a way that I hope will remain with them while not being pushy.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:36 pm

alldatndensum wrote:On Thanksgiving day, we will have breakfast or lunch with my wife's mom.  Nice and simple.  Of course, most of my wife's family is dead now and get togethers are pretty laid back.

Today, though, we were with my youth group.  They wanted to collect hats, scarves, gloves, socks, and string backpacks to distribute to homeless people on the streets of Nashville.  We put together 50 packs with either mens or ladies items in a gallon sized Ziplock bag.  Also, we put together 50 sack lunches containing a PB&J sandwich, chips, and some cookies.  We were able to pass these out in just a little over an hour on Nashville's streets just by walking around.  It was a great experience for us to see just how some folks live and how blessed we are.  Also, we were able to share a small portion of our faith in Christ with these men and women in a way that I hope will remain with them while not being pushy.

That's awesome Alldat!!! cheers cheers cheers

That's what we should be doing! Going out and helping those less fortunate! That's exactly what Jesus did! You RAWK my brother!!!

Rockin Loud  Rockin Loud  Rockin Loud  Rockin Loud

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:32 pm

Two more days before my road trip! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:56 am

RavenWolf wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:On Thanksgiving day, we will have breakfast or lunch with my wife's mom.  Nice and simple.  Of course, most of my wife's family is dead now and get togethers are pretty laid back.

That's awesome Alldat!!! cheers cheers cheers

That's what we should be doing! Going out and helping those less fortunate! That's exactly what Jesus did! You RAWK my brother!!!

Rockin Loud  Rockin Loud  Rockin Loud  Rockin Loud

I'm just trying to teach my youth group that there is A) almost always someone less fortunate than us, B) we can help anyone anywhere and it doesn't just have to be around a major holiday, and C) serving Jesus is so easy that even a kid can do it.

We had an awesome day out there.  We gave out 51 packs with a hat, gloves, and socks for them men and a hat, gloves, socks or scarf for the ladies.  We handed out 52 sack lunches.  We wanted to do the glove sets as we dipped down to 15 degrees on Monday morning.  We let the guys and ladies know that we were doing it because Jesus loved them and we did too.  We wanted to help keep them alive and this is the best we could do for now.  Several of the guys were moved almost to tears.  A couple of ladies did cry. 

We've done this several times before and many of the homeless just seemed ungrateful.  This time, however, we had them coming back to us to thank us for heavier duty gloves and the Tootsie Rolls we hid in the packs!  Who knew that you could touch someone with a Tootsie Roll and make a difference to them!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:32 am

Having friends over. We're friends with another large family and together, we make 19 people, but 2 are traveling this year so it will be 17 in attendance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:21 am

Well I assume (hope) some of you have noticed my absence for a week

We had a huge windstorm last Tuesday and over 180,000 people didnt have power up here in Spokane

Thankfully are house is not damaged but we got power just last night

We arent planning on celebrating Thanksgiving on Thursday but we will be going to my grandparents on Sunday
(Part of the reason is my step father works Thursday)

So I thought Id let everyone know what has happend and this was a good a thread as any  Wink
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:09 am

Adam wrote:Having friends over. We're friends with another large family and together, we make 19 people, but 2 are traveling this year so it will be 17 in attendance.

That's great. When I was young (around 5 to 9 years old) we had huge get togethers. We would usually go to my grandpa's (he lived up the street from us and many of my aunts, uncles and cousins all lived in the same neighborhood). This is when we lived in Pontiac, Michigan. I can remember TONS of people there. My dad had 10 brothers and sisters and each of them would come and bring all of their kids. I imagine there would be close to at least 50 people there every year (and not every one could make it but there would be at least 15-20 kids to play with). It was a good time, we were a pretty tight family until we moved to Tennessee in 1980. I would still love to go to these kinds of events but my wife doesn't enjoy large crowds so this year it will just be the four of us.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:32 am

We chose to stay home for Thanksgiving. We have a daughter who will be off to college next year, so we're home this year. Sometime tomorrow my house will be overtaken by the smell of pies, ham, and turkey. We'll probably watch the parade in the morning and football until my family revolts after several hours and I'm banished to a separate room by game numer three.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:26 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:Well I assume (hope) some of you have noticed my absence for a week

We had a huge windstorm last Tuesday and over 180,000 people didnt have power up here in Spokane

Thankfully are house is not damaged but we got power just last night

We arent planning on celebrating Thanksgiving on Thursday but we will be going to my grandparents on Sunday
(Part of the reason is my step father works Thursday)

So I thought Id let everyone know what has happend and this was a good a thread as any  Wink

I certainly did notice you were gone! I was hoping you hadn't left. You are a great guy and I'm very glad you are here! I'm sorry to hear of that damaging storm. Do you often get big storms up there in Spokane? I thought it was a pretty mild place to live. But it sounds like you guys had a hurricane last Tuesday (I went online after you posted this and checked it out). Wow, trees fallen down and everything! Sounds very severe! YIKES!

Like I told you before, my family is planning on moving up there in a few years or so. I am hoping it's not like that each year. That would suck. Heheh. Here in Utah it's pretty mild. I mean - we get snow, but it's not ferocious or anything like that. No hurricanes heheh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:21 pm

Well I'm almost all packed up and ready for vacation! You guys have fun here while I'm gone!

Don't forget to leave a light on for me!

sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:24 pm

Have a great trip dude!  Looking forward to hearing about it upon your return!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:38 pm

Kerrick wrote:Have a great trip dude!  Looking forward to hearing about it upon your return!

Thanks my friend!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:31 pm

We went to my wife's mom's house for the afternoon (it's 2 hours away).

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down