The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My 2 Cents

+7
Deepfriar
alldatndensum
deathisgain
d@v!d
Peter who was Vaak
Hardcore Christian
KaramKaram
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My 2 Cents  - Page 2 Empty Re: My 2 Cents

Post by Guest Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:42 am

LOL LOL teeheehee *falls out of chair laughing*

Rolf 1Rolf 2Rolf 2Rolf 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:37 am

RavenWolf wrote:Deathisgain,

No offense, but you seem a little cold hearted bro.

Christians are supposed to be loving and kind. Just saying ...
More like Arctic temps....

All I have to say about the taking my ball and go home comment lets use another analogy shall we... if you are getting punched in the face over and over are you going to stand there and let your face get continually pounded? I know I wouldnt You would either block, dodge or get out of that situation.  Its not a little kid thing its called restraint sometimes its best to walk away from a situation then continually get pouded in the face

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:52 am

Sorry, I'm with DIG.  If we have to walk around on eggshells for fear that someone might take our disagreement with their views as an attack on their person or character, then what is the point in trying to discuss anything.  What are we going to discuss if we can only discuss things in which there will be no disagreement?  I mean Aaron, you are kinda right--theological discussion was banned because there were people who started taking criticism of their views as personal attacks and things got too heated and there were personal attacks.  I'm in a huge minority around here when it comes to political views, so I generally stay out of political threads and have no way of knowing if the same thing is happening there.  Even in the music threads:  Stryper, Tourniquet, Bride...those threads often get disagreeable.  Even Deliverance once you get past Weapons is kind of up in the air.  I guess we also shouldn't discuss non-Christian metal at all because there are those who think that Christians shouldn't listen to it.  Some people think that since this is the Christian METAL Realm, then only discussions of metal are appropriate.  I mean at some point we just have to trust people to be big boys/girls and act like it.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:54 am

Aaron C wrote:

More like Arctic temps....

All I have to say about the taking my ball and go home comment lets use another analogy shall we... if you are getting punched in the face over and over are you going to stand there and let your face get continually pounded? I know I wouldnt You would either block, dodge or get out of that situation.  Its not a little kid thing its called restraint sometimes its best to walk away from a situation then continually get pouded in the face
Except no one was being punched in the face.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:01 am

And yet nobody was picking up their ball and going home either point is Its an Analogy!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:11 am

DIG and Messiaen are pretty much spot on I believe.  On some level, people need to be adults and get over being attacked and being offended.  We can't say stuff in the real world because it simply offends people and if we, as Christians, are no better then that's just pathetic.

My pastor told my congregation a couple of months ago "We(Christians) should be the hardest people in the world to offend."  And there is truth in that, if we can't take a few (verbal) punches knowing we are right, then, as DIG said, how can we stand up to persecution?
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:12 am

You have to read the whole counsel of God and stop listening to only Joel Osteen. Jesus didn't respond to everything with rainbows and unicorn farts. Neither did Paul, John the Baptist, etc. It's okay to to disagree. It's okay to reprove. Every one on here has big boy pants they can put on.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:13 am

Last edited by deathisgain on Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double post)
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:16 am

messiaen77 wrote:Sorry, I'm with DIG.  If we have to walk around on eggshells for fear that someone might take our disagreement with their views as an attack on their person or character, then what is the point in trying to discuss anything.

You and DIG don't get it.
Its not the disagreeing at all that's perceived as an attack.

Lets say you're in a room of 20 people (forum), and the room had 5 groups (threads) of 4 individuals (posters) having discussions.
Person 4 in your group says something you disagree with. You disagree back. There's some back and forth. Person 4 decides to leave and go to another group.

NOTHING WRONG THERE.
For normal real conversations and normal forums its not perceived personally at all.
It was just a disagreement and Person 4 will talk about something else or the same thing in a different huddle.

Here at the CMR, (and again, like the atheist hive I mentioned being at previously in this thread), when Person 4 leaves the group, 2 or 3 people FOLLOW Person 4 to their new huddle. When he opens his mouth, those 2 or 3 people disagree with him some more. So he leaves that group and walks to another. They follow Person 4 again and disagree with him again, so he goes to another group. Repeat the process AD NAUSEUM.

Its only got to happen like 3-4 times before Person 4 starts to think they want to get the hell out of there.

Again, its not the disagreeing and ironically, its not even the following someone to a new group that is perceived as attacking either.
Its 100% the nagging, incessant, persistent, driven, disagree with that person most of the time they open their mouth in every "group" they go to, over and over and over and over and over...

Do you guys get it now?
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:18 am

deathisgain wrote:You have to read the whole counsel of God and stop listening to only Joel Osteen. Jesus didn't respond to everything with rainbows and unicorn farts.

Joel Osteen focuses on inspiration.  Maybe Ravenwolf needs that.
Maybe you should INCLUDE him in your counsel and then maybe you wouldn't be so negative and confrontational.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:26 am

Looks like Aaron C just deleted his account.
...but hey, I guess that means you guys won, right?

Frickin' unbelievable.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:36 am

Clearly, everything is everybody else's fault.  I'm glad that we're all in agreement!

Seriously, I basically don't care.  Not that I want anybody to be hurt or mad or whatever, but this is an on-line forum that I still check out of habit because 10 years ago it was a good place for metal news/discussion, and occasionally interesting things pop up here.  There are maybe one or two people who I would minimally consider "friends" but in no meaningful way to do I consider this "my community" or any some such.  It's cool if/that some some of you do, I'm just saying that I don't and I don't want to/care enough to take sides, whatever.

But I'll say this.  It's never just all everybody else.  It's possible (even advisable) to say things kindly, no matter what you have to say -- saying that it's the truth or that people need thicker skin (even if that's true) isn't license to be inconsiderate.  It's also possible (again, even advisable) to not take disagreement as a personal attack and/or interpret whatever might be said in the most offensive way possible, but rather to give some benefit of the doubt and move along.  Don't be a jerk.  Don't flip your lid if somebody doesn't act like you think they should. 

Either way, consider that maybe, just maybe, it's not all everybody else.  Take responsibility for your piece and move forward.  This crap really isn't that hard.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:55 pm

^Word.  But with that, this topic is getting locked.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: it really all comes just down to respect.  I do not want to be a part of a community where everyone believes the same exact things and always agrees with each other.  But without respect, those disagreements are worthless and will never build anyone up nor challenge or encourage anyone to grow.

Grindboy hit the nail on the head with responsibility.  We all need to get over ourselves, humble ourselves, and take some responsibility.  You're frustrated that people are being driven away from this place?  Then check yourself and make sure you're not part of the reason why.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2