The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you buy these remasters...

+14
grandeped
MikeInFla
metaldude
TMLMKE
force perspective
pathogenics_cloned_twin83
Marcus Moore
Deepfriar
messiaen77
alldatndensum
Follower of Jesus
eatbugs
Hardcore Christian
Soldier777
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Would you buy these remasters... Empty Would you buy these remasters...

Post by Soldier777 Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:35 pm

Would you buy these remasters... released by Retroactive Records if you already have a previous version of these:

Would you buy these remasters... Whitecross-1987-goldWhitecross Nineteen Eighty Seven 2015 Gold Edition

1. Who Will You Follow
2. Enough is Enough
3. He is the Rock
4. Looking for a Reason
5. No Way I'm Going Down
6. Seeing is Believing
7. All I Need
8. Nagasake
9. Signs of the End
10. Love on the Line
11. Animate
12. Angel Wings

Would you buy these remasters... Bloodgood-rockinahardplace Boodgood Rock In A Hard Place (2015 Edition) - 4 panel digipak

1. Shakin' It
2. Never Be the Same
3. Presence
4. What Have I Done?
5. Heaven on Earth
6. Do or Die
7. She's Gone
8. World (Keeps Movin' Around)
9. Seven

Would you buy these remasters... Bloodgood-outofthedarkness Boodgood Out OF The Darkness (2015 Edition) - 4 panel digipak
1. Out of the Darkness
2. Let My People Go
3. America
4. It's Alright
5. Top Of the Mountain
6. Hey! You
7. Mad Do World
8. Changing Me
9. New Age Illusion

I have the 2005 version of Nineteen Eighty Seven with the black background. I may get this where eventually it will be out of print and a collectors item. For the Bloodgood releases, I may get it. I have already got the 2 for 1 KMG version of the first 4 albums.  It would have to be drastically improved for me to be interested.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Would you buy these remasters... Empty Re: Would you buy these remasters...

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:36 pm

Out Of The Darkness would be a great buy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:07 am

As a rule I don't buy re-masters if I already have a previous version.  I would be willing to get Out of the Darkness to replace my old cassette with a CD.  It would be nice to hear bass in Rock In a Hard Place too, but it's hard to justify the expense for music I already have.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:24 am

I pretty much don't buy reissues of albums I already have unless there are substantial improvements to the sound.

'1987' was just recorded 10 years ago, so there's no way they made improvements sufficient to justify purchasing that one again.

'Rock In A Hard Place' needs to be REMIXED so that you can hear the bass. I don't know if the original bass track is available to be mixed in, but if not, I wish Michael Bloodgood would re-record the bass lines and then remix the album to have a good bass sound. It might be my favorite BG album if not for the lack of bass issue.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:53 am

I might purchase all of them, but I am pretty satisfied with my 2005 version of 1987.

On the other hand, I am willing to get the Bloodgood rereleases. I love both of these albuns and I really want to know how much the sound can be improved. I only have that KMG 2 in 1 version just as Soldier777, and I would love to have this new version. I am waiting for this since it was announced by Milennium Records, a few years ago.

FoJ, I am wondering if retroactive records could solve this bass problem on Rock in a Hard Place. From what I heard, the bass track was deleted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:26 am

As a rule I don't buy re-masters if I already have a previous version.

This is me too, I would get Rock in a Hard Place as i had this on cassette 25 years ago but I have Whitecross' self titled debut (pure metal release) and Out of the Darkness on CD already and quite content.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:45 am

I'd definitely get the Bloodgood remasters as I believe these are the ones that Cliffy did a few years back for IMR before they folded.

With the Whitecross, I really don't need another copy.  However, is that "Angel Wings" a new song?  I don't recognize that.  If it is new Whitecross music, then I would definitely snag this.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:48 am

Id be more apt to buy new tracks on Itunes than purchase another copy... With the rerelease of River Distrubance I bought I Thought off Itunes, Didnt need a 2nd copy of a CD I already have

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:07 am

alldatndensum wrote:I'd definitely get the Bloodgood remasters as I believe these are the ones that Cliffy did a few years back for IMR before they folded.

With the Whitecross, I really don't need another copy.  However, is that "Angel Wings" a new song?  I don't recognize that.  If it is new Whitecross music, then I would definitely snag this.
Cliffy's work on RIAHP is really good.  It was nice to have some bass in there.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:09 am

I'll buy the Whitecross re-record because I never got around to getting the 2005 version.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:17 am

alldatndensum wrote:I'd definitely get the Bloodgood remasters as I believe these are the ones that Cliffy did a few years back for IMR before they folded.

I am pretty sure that it is just the added guitar track that Matt mentioned..

"re-recorded with a new bonus guitar solo"

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Moore Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:25 pm

Im buying the bloodgood for sure, both my son and I love those guys and yes, the whitecross.. well because i dont own that one..  Very Happy
Marcus Moore
Marcus Moore
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Moore Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:28 pm

As far as RIAHP's bass...why not pull an x sinner and over lay bass lines on top the old one?
Marcus Moore
Marcus Moore
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:03 pm

To clarify I do not own Out Of The Darkness, yet it is my favorite Bloodgood release so I would pounce on the opportunity to buy it
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:30 pm

For some reason, I always thought "Rock in a Hard Place" was a superior Bloodgood release. Even with the original production. It's actually my favorite Bloodgood album, with "Detonation" a close second. The songs are very deep and meaningful. And though it's a softer Bloodgood album, I always loved it. Played it into the ground back in the day. On cassette.

And yes, I'd buy all of these releases. And I probably will.

Back to top Go down

Post by pathogenics_cloned_twin83 Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:32 pm

Remasters are cool and all, and I'm glad they're getting them back out so people who've never heard 'em can have the chance, but since I already have the originals I don't feel the need to get them. Plus I like having the original pressings as opposed to re-releases, just me personally.
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.facebook.com/#!/derrick.williams.5667

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:18 pm

there is no need for Whitecross 1987 re-release. 

But i will the Bloodgood remasters if its remastered by Cliffy. Honestly i don't care for others that try to remaster. just my opinion.
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TMLMKE Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:17 pm

I'd get all of them
TMLMKE
TMLMKE
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:18 pm

For those who haven't purchased 1987, I highly recommend it. It totally worth it.

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:26 am

This is a little off topic, but does anyone know if Detonation has ever been reworked? It's a landmark album, IMO, but the sound was a little thin, especially the guitars.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:33 am

metaldude wrote:This is a little off topic, but does anyone know if Detonation has ever been reworked? It's a landmark album, IMO, but the sound was a little thin, especially the guitars.
Detonatin and S/t album were rereleased by Intense Millenium records a few years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:44 am

Thiago-Brazil wrote:For those who haven't purchased 1987, I highly recommend it. It totally worth it.
I bought mine in the early 90s when it was just a S/T good album strong songs I am glad they redid it only in the sense to put it out there as at the time the original release was quite rare. I am one of the few who feel that they didnt need to change anything on that album and by re-recording it IMO I feel like they raped a good album

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:37 pm

Aaron C wrote:
Thiago-Brazil wrote:For those who haven't purchased 1987, I highly recommend it. It totally worth it.
I bought mine in the early 90s when it was just a S/T good album strong songs I am glad they redid it only in the sense to put it out there as at the time the original release was quite rare. I am one of the few who feel that they didnt need to change anything on that album and by re-recording it IMO I feel like they raped a good album
I own both but prefer the 2005 version. Much better production and better sound at least to me. But as for these reissues I won't be buying again, don't need them.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by grandeped Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:59 am

Rock in a Hard Place is the only Bloodgood I don't own on CD, so yes for that. Out of the Darkness I probably will, just because it needed a better mix. I never really liked the mix on 1987, so if that has been improved, I probably would.

What I don't get is the just announced Roxx re-issues. Deliverance on CD again? Why? I get Angelica and Master's Command on CD, but I have never read anyone requesting them on vinyl. They just seem to be kind of low on the desired vinyl pecking order. I kind of see Deliverance on vinyl, because I have noticed many people requesting that. But all of that at once? The Christian metal re-issue market is fairly limited, and doing that is going to bleed it dry pretty fast.

grandeped
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by lowjax Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:17 pm

My wife isn't going to be happy.  I haven't been here to the CMR in probably 5 years (or longer?).  Left not long after the great hacking on ezboards.  Anyway, I had to sign up for a new account and within 2 days of me re-joining, I have 4 new albums on the way from Retroactive.  This thread sparked it.  I picked up "Rock in a Hard Place" and "Nineteen Eighty Seven" as well as "Lex Metalis" from Ult and the boys and "That Was Then, This Is Now" from The Rex Carroll Band.

Not a lot of familiar faces, but a few of you guys still here.

lowjax
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next