The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best DeGarmo & Key Studio Album (Part 1)

+3
L8T
Superjuice
pathogenics_cloned_twin83
7 posters

Go down

Best DeGarmo & Key Studio Album (Part 1)

Best DeGarmo & Key Studio Album (Part 1) I_vote_lcap0%Best DeGarmo & Key Studio Album (Part 1) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Best DeGarmo & Key Studio Album (Part 1) I_vote_lcap33%Best DeGarmo & Key Studio Album (Part 1) I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]
Best DeGarmo & Key Studio Album (Part 1) I_vote_lcap0%Best DeGarmo & Key Studio Album (Part 1) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Best DeGarmo & Key Studio Album (Part 1) I_vote_lcap17%Best DeGarmo & Key Studio Album (Part 1) I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
Best DeGarmo & Key Studio Album (Part 1) I_vote_lcap50%Best DeGarmo & Key Studio Album (Part 1) I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 12

Best DeGarmo & Key Studio Album (Part 1) Empty Best DeGarmo & Key Studio Album (Part 1)

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:31 am

Name the best D&K studio album from the first half of their career.

In the spirit of the other threads going around, let's vote for this one!

Back to top Go down

Best DeGarmo & Key Studio Album (Part 1) Empty Re: Best DeGarmo & Key Studio Album (Part 1)

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:39 pm

The only two Degarmo & Key albums I ever got into were "Street Light" and "D&K". Those are some pretty tight albums.

Other than that, I only like a song here and there from the band. I voted "Commander Sozo" here though, as I personally think it's the best album from the bunch.

Back to top Go down

Best DeGarmo & Key Studio Album (Part 1) Empty Re: Best DeGarmo & Key Studio Album (Part 1)

Post by pathogenics_cloned_twin83 Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:22 pm

I must admit, I've only heard one or two songs off the albums before Communication or Commander Sozo, so maybe my vote is invalid. I'd pick Commander Sozo out of all those...."Competition" is still one of my favorite D&K songs. The album may be steeped a bit too much in nu wave, but I listened to it so much as a kid, I still love it.
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.facebook.com/#!/derrick.williams.5667

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:17 am

Sozo for the lead so far!

I'm looking forward to round 2 as those are the songs and albums I am more fond of.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:35 pm

Though I'm not a huge fan of this band. I will say they are a great live band! I saw them twice when I was a kid. On the "Street Light" and the "D&K" tours. They really rip it up on stage!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:30 pm

RavenWolf wrote:Though I'm not a huge fan of this band. I will say they are a great live band! I saw them twice when I was a kid. On the "Street Light" and the "D&K" tours. They really rip it up on stage!

Live! Yes! They were amazing live. Saw them once in about 1992 or 1993 in Denver. Their Rock Solid: Absolutely Live recording was outta sight man!

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:50 pm

Adam wrote:
RavenWolf wrote:Though I'm not a huge fan of this band. I will say they are a great live band! I saw them twice when I was a kid. On the "Street Light" and the "D&K" tours. They really rip it up on stage!

Live! Yes! They were amazing live. Saw them once in about 1992 or 1993 in Denver. Their Rock Solid: Absolutely Live recording was outta sight man!
True, I really wasn't into DK on record, but saw a few live vids and was pretty impressed with their sound live and stage movement.

Here's a sample:

ignore the pumped in crowd noise and Jim J. Bullock.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:17 pm

The church lost a great Christian rock soldier when Dana Key died a few years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:47 pm

I first saw them on their "Mission Of Mercy" tour.  That's what I voted for, it was my introduction to them.  I LOVE All their stuff.  I got their earlier releases after MOM and Communication.

I think I only saw them on the MOM, Communication, Sozo and then, later To Extremes tours.

MOM and No Turning Back Live get the most play from me....And, I still listen to those regularly.
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by pathogenics_cloned_twin83 Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:28 pm

Adam wrote:The church lost a great Christian rock soldier when Dana Key died a few years ago.

Yeah I was really bummed to hear about it.  Crying or Very sad
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.facebook.com/#!/derrick.williams.5667

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:10 am

Of these I picked Sozo.  I haven't heard This Time Thru or This Ain't Hollywood.

I like the second half of their career better and I already know my answer for that one. Very Happy

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:17 am

eatbugs wrote:Of these I picked Sozo.  I haven't heard This Time Thru or This Ain't Hollywood.

I like the second half of their career better and I already know my answer for that one. Very Happy

I know your answer for that one too because it's mine as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:48 am

I picked Straight On, not because I have heard it all but because I love "Long Distance Runner". I only own a few tracks from them that I have downloaded from iTunes. I have always liked them but never owned any albums. I saw them live "Communication" Tour (when Six, Six, Six was a new song). I might have been 12 or 13 years old and I think they played at Silver Dollar City in Pigeon Forge, TN (before it was changed to Dollywood).
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:50 am

My youth minister did some work with a promoter who gave us front row tickets for the Light Brigade tour.  One of my favorite concert memories of all time is this concert.  One of my friends, who was an English teacher, wore ear plugs because he was the smart one.  So Dana is doing the intro to the "Charge of the Light Brigade" and it is basically quiet in the auditorium.  He's talking about how the title was inspired by the Tennyson poem about a small group of soldiers who faced insurmountable odds and told the story of the British brigade going up against the Russian army and on and on.  My friend with the ear plugs, turned to the guy next to him and said "Yeah, and they got slaughtered."  Only, you know how people tend to talk when they are wearing ear plugs...yeah, he shouted it in this very quiet auditorium.  Eddie just turned and looked at him like "Man, what are you doing?"
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:57 am

I'm more of a 'greatest hits' kinda guy when it comes to D&K, but I went with Comm. Sozo because it had the most songs I am familiar with.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:33 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
My youth minister did some work with a promoter who gave us front row tickets for the Light Brigade tour.  One of my favorite concert memories of all time is this concert.  One of my friends, who was an English teacher, wore ear plugs because he was the smart one.  So Dana is doing the intro to the "Charge of the Light Brigade" and it is basically quiet in the auditorium.  He's talking about how the title was inspired by the Tennyson poem about a small group of soldiers who faced insurmountable odds and told the story of the British brigade going up against the Russian army and on and on.  My friend with the ear plugs, turned to the guy next to him and said "Yeah, and they got slaughtered."  Only, you know how people tend to talk when they are wearing ear plugs...yeah, he shouted it in this very quiet auditorium.  Eddie just turned and looked at him like "Man, what are you doing?"

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down